Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: "Lock Him Up"

  1. #11
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,792
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:59 AM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Yes, I know you're just a victim. You've been a victim your entire life - of those black animals you had to share a school bus with to this liberal loser who beats you up on this forum, and you get beat up mainly because you are unwilling to present any counter-argument to anything you disagree with and instead only offer up rude or insulting oneliners, and when called on that resort to posting cartoons. But hey, victimization is what you and tRump have in common, and it works for you, too.

    Keep up the good fight, Vic.

    BTW- I do believe your friends here self-identify as more "liberal" than not.
    I reject the whole "Liberal vs Conservative" thing, anymore.

    Those people out there following tRump are NOT Conservatives, by a long shot.
    They are bat-sht crazy, ready to tear down the establishment and everything decent this country has managed to build in the last century.

    And consequentially, those who are in opposition to these nitwits are not really Liberals by the traditional definitions.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  2. #12
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I reject the whole "Liberal vs Conservative" thing, anymore.

    Those people out there following tRump are NOT Conservatives, by a long shot.
    They are bat-sht crazy, ready to tear down the establishment and everything decent this country has managed to build in the last century.

    And consequentially, those who are in opposition to these nitwits are not really Liberals by the traditional definitions.
    You'll have to forgive me, but without more detail in the way of definitions and differentiations, I'm not sure what to make of most of that post.

    As for tRump supporters, they're frustrated and confused about WTF is going on and why. I think they believe they've found someone who will champion and represent their needs and frustrations. It appears that, in spite of the fact that tRump was born into money and may have parlayed some of it into more himself, through established methods that his supporters protest, they believe that since he's cheated here and there, that he'll show them the way to the promised land. That's how I read it anyway. Humans tend to support that which they believe will benefit them individually first.

    I think what tRump supporters lack awareness of, as do most Americans, is that success in America these days is more of a crap-shoot than anything else, especially since unions have mostly been broken up and "right to work laws" have replaced them. There was a day when actual work, in the way of manual labor, afforded many people who might be representative of tRump supporters a decent living, but those days are gone. But, here we have tRump promising these people that that era can return, thus the "MAGA" slogan. They can't, and they won't, not in any significant numbers. Much of that work is no longer necessary as lower-cost alternatives have bee found along with other factors.

    What I mean by "crap-shoot" is this: looking at sports, say American football for instance. Consider how many kids are introduced to the game at an early age, and as they age bottlenecking begins the process of exclusion. Even so, consider how many go from college to high paying pro ball. Not many. This same concept holds true for any financial opportunity in America. Financial independence of the kind most of us desire is rare, considering the numbers. This is why, as people more attuned to socialist policies are advocating for unity in the way of financial viability. If we don't do that, then the attitude of "survival of the fittest" prevails. We might call it Economic (or Financial) Selection. That's very dangerous for the majority of not only American society, but also global society.

    As to the liberal/conservative issue, I think it would do the country some good to begin to define and dialogue about what "moderate" actually means. I believe we might find that we don't actually know. Is it political, or is it economic, or is it a conflation of the two? Perhaps it's something altogether different? I think the capitalists who have so much sway in public discourse through the media have muddled the meanings so as to have average people confused, which is what I alluded to above. It's frustrating and confusing, but I believe if we begin with understanding what is actually meant by terms such as "conservative", "liberal", and mainly "moderate", we might begin to make sense of this. We might just learn that tRump supporters and AOC supporters have more in common than is realized. They appear, after all, to be looking for the same securities. The difference seems to me to be that the AOC supporters understand in a rational way that you can't buy something you can't afford, so lets pool our resources and make changes so that that can be fixed, while tRump supporters seem to believe they have a privileged right to the money to make it affordable.

    Oh, and BTW, those footballers? We don't see them bitching and moaning and demanding that they get to play professional football because they dedicated most of their life to it. They move on and find what works best for them.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  3. #13
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,792
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:59 AM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    You'll have to forgive me, but without more detail in the way of definitions and differentiations, I'm not sure what to make of most of that post.

    As for tRump supporters, they're frustrated and confused about WTF is going on and why. I think they believe they've found someone who will champion and represent their needs and frustrations. It appears that, in spite of the fact that tRump was born into money and may have parlayed some of it into more himself, through established methods that his supporters protest, they believe that since he's cheated here and there, that he'll show them the way to the promised land. That's how I read it anyway. Humans tend to support that which they believe will benefit them individually first.

    I think what tRump supporters lack awareness of, as do most Americans, is that success in America these days is more of a crap-shoot than anything else, especially since unions have mostly been broken up and "right to work laws" have replaced them. There was a day when actual work, in the way of manual labor, afforded many people who might be representative of tRump supporters a decent living, but those days are gone. But, here we have tRump promising these people that that era can return, thus the "MAGA" slogan. They can't, and they won't, not in any significant numbers. Much of that work is no longer necessary as lower-cost alternatives have bee found along with other factors.

    What I mean by "crap-shoot" is this: looking at sports, say American football for instance. Consider how many kids are introduced to the game at an early age, and as they age bottlenecking begins the process of exclusion. Even so, consider how many go from college to high paying pro ball. Not many. This same concept holds true for any financial opportunity in America. Financial independence of the kind most of us desire is rare, considering the numbers. This is why, as people more attuned to socialist policies are advocating for unity in the way of financial viability. If we don't do that, then the attitude of "survival of the fittest" prevails. We might call it Economic (or Financial) Selection. That's very dangerous for the majority of not only American society, but also global society.

    As to the liberal/conservative issue, I think it would do the country some good to begin to define and dialogue about what "moderate" actually means. I believe we might find that we don't actually know. Is it political, or is it economic, or is it a conflation of the two? Perhaps it's something altogether different? I think the capitalists who have so much sway in public discourse through the media have muddled the meanings so as to have average people confused, which is what I alluded to above. It's frustrating and confusing, but I believe if we begin with understanding what is actually meant by terms such as "conservative", "liberal", and mainly "moderate", we might begin to make sense of this. We might just learn that tRump supporters and AOC supporters have more in common than is realized. They appear, after all, to be looking for the same securities. The difference seems to me to be that the AOC supporters understand in a rational way that you can't buy something you can't afford, so lets pool our resources and make changes so that that can be fixed, while tRump supporters seem to believe they have a privileged right to the money to make it affordable.

    Oh, and BTW, those footballers? We don't see them bitching and moaning and demanding that they get to play professional football because they dedicated most of their life to it. They move on and find what works best for them.
    Someone said "all these people are just millionaires who are temporarily down on their luck."

    When the Lottery hits, they are certain that they'll be welcomed back into the folds of the insanely rich.

    I tend to prefer the term Progressive, myself.

    The origins of liberal vs Conservative seems to be focused on interpretation of the Law. But over the recent decades became a Fiscal term.

    But language does evolve.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

  4. #14
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    It does seem that we have a new social disease which is aptly known as Trump Derangement Syndrome .

    Communism is also for the prime benefit of the top 1% .And it requires a bureaucracy

    of underlings for it to function .

    These are the ones most prone to TDS.

    Their world views are under attack and they worry for their jobs .

    They panic and mob flash to hysteria and violence .
    If you say so.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  5. #15
    Premium Member tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    4,042
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    12:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Yes, I know you're just a victim.
    Now you are going to tell me how that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    You've been a victim your entire life - of those black animals you had to share a school bus with
    What are you talking about? If you are referring to forced school bussing for the purpose of racial integration, I am way older for that nonsense. All I ever said is that I had the benefit of walking to schools which were heavily integrated because we all lived in the same area. That being said I saw no advantage to bussing kids miles away from home attending such schools.[/qote]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    to this liberal loser who beats you up on this forum, and you get beat up mainly because you are unwilling to present any counter-argument to anything you disagree with and instead only offer up rude or insulting oneliners, and when called on that resort to posting cartoons. But hey, victimization is what you and tRump have in common, and it works for you, too.
    You are a fine one to be lecturing me about being rude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Keep up the good fight, Vic.

    BTW- I do believe your friends here self-identify as more "liberal" than not.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

  6. #16
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    What are you talking about?
    I'm not going to go digging back in your posts from when you first began posting here. It's there. Go look!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  7. #17
    Banned Raphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    314
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    06:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    You old fellers were a bit tetchy yesterday .

    Don't let the DNC panic get to you .

  8. #18
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    I'd experience joy if the current iteration of the DNC were to dissolve. It would hopefully be replaced with an actual progressive agenda instead of this neoliberal one. The DNC and the people running it should all go away.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

  9. #19
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,962
    Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:59 PM

    Re: "Lock Him Up"

    Register to remove this ad.
    Well, it happened again, to a somewhat lesser degree. This time at an MMA fight in, of all places, New York's Madison Square Garden - tRump's now-former home town. I doubt the booing was because he moved.

    tRump's got a real problem, politically speaking, because when people who attend such events as MMA fighting think you're too much of a reckless, disrespectful dick - you're a reckless, disrespectful dick for sure.

    The current President of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, Dana White, said this: "I would never say anything negative about Donald Trump because he was there when other people weren't.", which is interesting because he didn't compliment tRump for being a good president or respected representative of the country, or for tRump's policies. Nope, only that he owed him something. That in itself is an insult to tRump. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50279317
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

    I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

    Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts