Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reeding Allowed

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    03:44 PM

Re: Reeding Allowed

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Excluding the present-day Introduction, verse and page numbering it runs to 41,289 words. That may be relevant. It's even longer than The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - I couldn't finish that either.
    400 a page, say, is roughly 100 + pages .
    Two hours max .
    My guess is that I read around 300 000 words most days .Could be more .

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    400 a page, say, is roughly 100 + pages .
    Two hours max .
    344 words a minute, I make it.

John F Kennedy spoke 327 words in just one minute during a speech in 1961, a speed that is still mentioned when extremes are under discussion and gets referenced in the Guinness Book of Records. I recall hearing John Smith address a meeting on Cheapside when he was Labour leader and keeping his audience finely balanced at the limit of comprehension.

An eight year old practising clear diction from a text composed 1700 years ago, averaging 344 words a minute over an unbroken two hours?

I'll record him at 115 words a minute, speed it up by three and post the clip here - we'll see whether intelligibility suffers. I'll even allow you to be the judge if you like.

Or we could settle for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FPsEwWT6K0?.

I've seen occasional mention of "goosequil braccahadocheos" - The Life of Jack Wilton springs to mind - but I never expected to encounter one in the wild.

My masters, you may conceive of me what you list, but I think confidently I was ordained God’s scourge from above for their dainty finicality. The hour of their punishment could no longer be prorogued, but vengeance must have at them at all adventures. So it was that the most of these above-named goose-quill braggadocios were mere cowards and cravens, and durst not so much as throw a penful of ink into the enemy’s face, if proof were made; wherefore on the experience of their pusillanimity I thought to raise the foundation of my roguery.
    Online forums to a Tee, that.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Good man .
    Move north soldiers .
    Spray the bastards with hard words .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2