Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Show

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    01:31 PM

The Impeachment Show

Or, as I like to call it, The Sins Against Capitalism (Rabid Capitalism, as is customarily referred to as, The Moderate Middle.)

Ladies and Gentlemen, in the blue corner, we have the rabid capitalists who identify as Democrats, and in the red corner, we have the rabid capitalists who identify as Republicans. Together they identify as neoliberals, or favored politicians by most Americans.

What we are featuring is a sideshow (or circus, as some like to say) of whether or not the current president of the US is fit to be leading this capitalist movement we so earnestly, though unwittingly, support. The questions are as follows;
    1 - Has the President been fair to the economist elites as a whole or just in part?
    2 - Has He played by the rules of capitalism as outlined by convention?
    3 - Will Trump eventually learn to support capitalism to the extent of promoting and engaging in new wars?
    4 - Will Trump learn to submit to the US intelligence agencies, or will he continue to circumvent that process by communicating directly with Israel and Saudi Arabia for his orders? The middlemen are justifiably angry at being shut out. They put a lot of effort in being the snobs they've become.
    Those are some questions I believe need to be answered in order for Trump to not be impeached.

We can discuss them perhaps?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    06:31 PM

Re: The Impeachment Show

Oddly enough I'm forbidden by British law from watching these live impeachment broadcasts, on pain of a £1,000 fine plus the prosecution and court cost (which can easily run to ten times that). "This applies to any device or provider you use, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/Blu-Ray/VHS recorder".

I still think the only team looking to benefit from a successful outcome is that of the vice-President.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

What would a "successful outcome" look like? Would Pence favor the exoneration of a President that has given the religious right everything it wants via his willingness to fight dirty? Or would Pence prefer to get into the mix himself as just another neutered occupant?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    What would a "successful outcome" look like? Would Pence favor the exoneration of a President that has given the religious right everything it wants via his willingness to fight dirty? Or would Pence prefer to get into the mix himself as just another neutered occupant?
    I guarantee Mr Pence is absolutely gagging for a shot at the top job.

The only way a candidate for the Presidency can avoid being plotted against by his running mate is to demand, before pairing up, cast-iron evidence of imprisonable wrong-doing from his selected partner. Nothing short of that is going to result in loyalty.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I guarantee Mr Pence is absolutely gagging for a shot at the top job.
    No question about that. I'm wondering how practical that is considering the neutering that would absolutely take place. Unlike tRump, Pence is a conventional politician subject to all the restraints and demands the intelligence agencies and war department would place on him. IOW, he's a lackey, whereas tRump is capable of skirting that label.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

What you need in this thread is someone who disapproves of the Trump Presidency and has a preference for one of the existing feasible alternatives. Lord knows why anyone would want that.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    What you need in this thread is someone who disapproves of the Trump Presidency and has a preference for one of the existing feasible alternatives. Lord knows why anyone would want that.
    They're all watching the show.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    11:31 AM

Well, I was watching the beginning while having breakfast at a hotel yesterday morning.
    One comment from Mr Nunez stood out.
    He said that it will take years to repair the damages done by all of this.
    That pretty well summed it all up.

This thing will simply succeed at rousing the rabble for the coming election, and we will be too busy for the next few decades sorting through the debris to actually accomplish anything useful.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    12:31 PM

It is hard to take impeachment seriously. The day Don was elected there were calls for impeachment.

Then there is the search for a plausible reason to justify impeachment. It is a political exercise so any reason will do.

What does impeachment accomplish? Ask Shifty.

Of course, Don will never be convicted and removed by the Senate as well they shouldn't.

Maybe the Democrats ought to win elections rather than embarrass themselves by all the crying and whining.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Maybe the Democrats ought to win elections rather than embarrass themselves by all the crying and whining.
    Had that dreadful little con-man in the White House offered to stand as a Democrat instead of a Republican, the Democrats would joyfully have taken him to their bosom and the Republicans would have been up in arms about him from the day he was elected. You would now be writing of him as you once wrote about President Obama.

America is tribally partisan, there is no objectivity left in the country.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast