Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Impeachment Show

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    12:16 AM

Re: The Impeachment Show

I think I'm objective when it comes to politics.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I think I'm objective when it comes to politics.
    I'll settle for "there's little objectivity left in the country" then.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    10:16 PM

These days, it's about which con-man is better at telling the story you want to hear.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    These days, it's about which con-man is better at telling the story you want to hear.
    I'd like to know how you're defining "con-man". Not that I necessarily disagree. Like all consumer goods, marketing is the name of the game in retail politics.

I think there are a few things the tRump presidency has illuminated, which he stumbled upon quite accidentally (not that he doesn't belong behind bars). One is that some (not tRump, mind you) probably do go into the office with intentions of what they ran on, but what appears to happen is that the first intelligence briefing goes something like this;
    "Congratulations on a well-deserved win, Sir/Madam, and thank you for affording us your undivided attention.

As you know, we have the pulse of all the underlying energy within the country as well as the entire world - that's our job - to know things.

That said, we need to inform you of some information we are privy to regarding your (insert relative here along with indiscretion) that we've been keeping under wraps and feel we can continue to control with some hard work and dedication.

Sir/Madam, it is so vital to your presidency and the nation that we form an alliance and dedication to work together for the good of national security purposes.

The daily briefings we will be providing you are of the utmost importance."
    And down the toilet goes a whole bunch of good intentions.

My guess is that this is, affording him the benefit of the doubt, what happened to Obama, and why he seemed to become a coward almost overnight. He tried to do some good towards the end of his term, but too little, too late.

tRump, on the other hand, had too many friends in the media and other places that owed him favors. He apparently told Comey, Brenner and the rest (albeit four months after his first briefing because it took him that long to figure it out_ to go screw themselves. Intelligence had already been spying on tRump's campaign (as I'm sure it does to all campaigns) (they must have had a library on the Clintons by then).
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:16 PM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Had that dreadful little con-man in the White House offered to stand as a Democrat instead of a Republican, the Democrats would joyfully have taken him to their bosom and the Republicans would have been up in arms about him from the day he was elected. You would now be writing of him as you once wrote about President Obama.

America is tribally partisan, there is no objectivity left in the country.
    You're entitled to your opinion.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Had that dreadful little con-man in the White House offered to stand as a Democrat instead of a Republican, the Democrats would joyfully have taken him to their bosom and the Republicans would have been up in arms about him from the day he was elected. You would now be writing of him as you once wrote about President Obama.

America is tribally partisan, there is no objectivity left in the country.
    Given his history since the 2008 election, I do not see the Dems bringing him in. His treatment of Obama, and his Birther bullsht pretty much set him up for the tRumper Room.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    11:16 PM

Given his history since the 2008 election, I do not see the Dems bringing him in. His treatment of Obama, and his Birther bullsht pretty much set him up for the tRumper Room.
    I love this.

Trump at the 2011 White House Corres...
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Priceless

Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time
    05:16 AM

Clearly they wouldn't, not after 2008. On the other hand he was a registered Democrat for the seven years before then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...f_Donald_Trump

Since my suggestion involves changing history I think I ought to be able to say which smidgeon of history gets changed. Had he remained a Democrat instead of reverting to the Republican party I suggest he might have succeeded President Obama anyway, just for the different party, at which point each tribe would be shouting in the other direction. The observation is more about the tribes than the man.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-08-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    It is hard to take impeachment seriously. The day Don was elected there were calls for impeachment.
    Your bias is showing. Simply because there were some who verbalized early on that given enough rope tRump would hang himself and then impeachment would follow, doesn't offer a legitimate excuse to turn a blind eye to his many transgressions. Try following the evidence instead and make an informed decision. Clearly tRump is guilty of what he's being investigated for, he even admitted to it, as did Mulvany. It doesn't get any more clear than that. The claim of tRump and the Republicans is that everyone does it, though more discretely and through back channels instead of openly as tRump did, and that since a sitting President can't be indicted, he's above the law while in the office anyway.

All that said, not only should tRyno be impeached, but his claims about Biden & Son should be investigated as well because it appears there are some good reasons to do so. Both are probably guilty of abuse of power. This I know you are but what am I? game being played by both sides is the spectacle that makes this entire charade the embarrassment it is.

Neither tRump or Biden are deserving of the title of POTUS.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast