Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Raphael

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:17 AM

Re: Raphael

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    The modern world never ceases to amaze me.

Speaking of which I uninstalled Google Assistant from my phone a while back too. I'm not going to have that listening to me all the while. I'm consequently now averaging 4 days per charge, which on a 3.5 year old dual SIM phone running Android 9 syncing to two email servers is not bad. And yes, it does have this November's security updates applied.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-07-2019
    Local Time
    01:17 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Spot, I hope you know I was just having some fun. I apologize if I offended you in any way. The devices I was referring to are muscle massagers.
    Is that what they massage - I have wondered :-)

Rien n'est éternel Louise-Renée's Avatar
    Local Date
    12-06-2019
    Local Time
    08:17 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm starting this open thread as Admin. I'm looking to gather a consensus.

Raphael has just been given a final ban after persistent attempts at annoying the residents. It is several years since the site was faced with this level of disruption.

We have a list of permanently banned ex-members, and the list refers to people in the real world rather than usernames. For reference the complete list at the moment is

JJ
    Someone threatening litigation
    A chap from Ontario
    Glaswegian
    Glen Labella
    Andy/Grumpy
    Paula/Agnes
    Greg
    Raphael

That's around one permanent ban per 20 months. I'll edit if I've forgotten anyone but I think it's complete.

Spammer usernames are permanently banned too but they're just anonymous bots with no real world existence.

Nobody on that list has ever been banned for inanity, incoherence or unacceptable opinion, it's always been disruption of the site. If unacceptable opinion or incoherence were criteria I'd have been flung off long since.

So to my question. When the site has been provoked to this extreme extent, do we think we ought to out the person behind the username as a general warning to the Internet at large, or are we content that people like this should retain anonymity and continue to cause indefinite damage elsewhere with no lasting trail.

Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop.
    Even the Sun sets in Paradise

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4