+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Prince and the 17 year old

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    08:39 PM

The Prince and the 17 year old

It's an unsavory matter but it deserves a thread.

Other than total embarrassment for being an entitled isolated git of the first order, which we can take as a previously known uncontested fact.

What aspect of this story which has dragged on for weeks suggests any criminality on the part of the Prince?

I can nowhere see any indication that he paid her, which would absolutely have been advanced if it had happened. Neither is there any suggestion that the Prince coerced or threatened her, or that he had any reason to believe the alleged incident was other than consensual. While Americans may be confused, the heterosexual age of consent on UK territory has been 16 since Victorian times.

The complainant may well have been trafficked, coerced or paid but none of this appears to be due to the Prince's behavior or to his knowledge - I've not even seen any of those three things implied or suggested. Perhaps I read the wrong papers.

That doesn't mean the chap should ever show his face in public again. I'm merely asking why he is being pressured by the media to cooperate with the authorities. Who is alleged to have broken anyone's law? He's guilty of being socially catastrophic and newsworthy, he may also have lied to reporters, but those are not matters of legal concern and yet he's being castigated as if he were the reincarnation of Jimmy Savile.

And I managed to write the whole of that without mentioning the Mirror Group pension fund even once.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    01:39 PM

Re: The Prince and the 17 year old

This has been one of those items for which the only proper response I can think of is a shrug.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    This has been one of those items for which the only proper response I can think of is a shrug.
    One stops shrugging when one sees the extent of the daily exposure the allegations are getting in the UK. The headlines are packed with thank you for believing in me messages, and they're not from the Prince. It all looks very driven by a PR company.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    One stops shrugging when one sees the extent of the daily exposure the allegations are getting in the UK. The headlines are packed with thank you for believing in me messages, and they're not from the Prince. It all looks very driven by a PR company.
    True, someone is after money!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    03:39 PM

If he has nothing to hide and his behavior was legal, why then is he acting guilty now by lying to the media, which, as you say, is not illegal? Lying under oath, however, is illegal, which might be why various people would like him to testify.

You can't have evidence or lack thereof unless there's an investigation.

I think it's reasonable to assume that, given the Prince's relationship to not only Epstein but also with many other's alleged involvement with this, that he knew more then and now that he was/is hiding.

Isn't it a crime to know about a crime being committed but not reporting it?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    If he has nothing to hide and his behavior was legal, why then is he acting guilty now by lying to the media, which, as you say, is not illegal?
    I would imagine he felt it was none of their damned business and they had appalling manners. I do hope he fired whoever allowed him to be interviewed.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

I would imagine he feels is none of their damned business.
    Then he should just say that.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

Isn't it a crime to know about a crime being committed but not reporting it?
    I'm sure it can be, but finding proof of such knowledge is a difficult matter. I take it the Miranda rights still exist in both our countries.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time

I'm sure it can be, but finding proof of such knowledge is a difficult matter. I take it the Miranda rights still exist in both our countries.
    It's nearly a foregone conclusion that Jeffrey Epstein was running a ring for pedophiles. Surely Andrew has legal counsel. The minute Andrew opened his mouth he made himself more of a person of interest.

It might be true that Andrew's only sin was the company he kept, but now it's coming home to roost that knowing those people is toxic and people now want to know what he knew, if for no other reason than to get to the others who were involved. He should just cooperate and be done with it. However, if Israel is behind this as is alleged, then I'd be worried too. They don't like tattletales.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    12-05-2019
    Local Time
    01:39 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    It's an unsavory matter but it deserves a thread.

Other than total embarrassment for being an entitled isolated git of the first order, which we can take as a previously known uncontested fact.
    Agreed.

What aspect of this story which has dragged on for weeks suggests any criminality on the part of the Prince?
    The totally believable and incredibly damning testimony of the victim.

I can nowhere see any indication that he paid her,
    Yes, pedophiles don't pay their sex slave victims...hence the name "slave."

the heterosexual age of consent on UK territory has been 16 since Victorian times.
    Suggesting that Britain is far, far behind the times...

The complainant may well have been trafficked, coerced or paid but none of this appears to be due to the Prince's behavior or to his knowledge
    Look you are sometimes quite right in your stances, but to stick up for anyone who hangs out with child molesters, engages their services, and then pretends to be some kind of "leader" is unconscionable.

You're on the wrong side of morality, intelligence, and history on this one, Spot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast