+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Prince and the 17 year old

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    06:19 AM

Re: The Prince and the 17 year old

Reading that reminds me why I detest the Daily Mail, that was journalism at its most unclean. A sentence would have been more helpful than the link.

As far as I can tell, the article is about someone who has never even met the Prince. Did I get that wrong?

What I wrote was that you said "I believe the allegation is that he knew of the crimes being committed at the time and didn't report them" and I answered "There we are, that's the bit I've not seen. Where was his accuser quoted as saying that? She's clearly the person best placed to say it was so. "

I honestly can't see anything in the Daily Mail article alleging that he knew of the crimes being committed at the time and didn't report them. Which bit are you looking at?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time
    01:19 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Reading that reminds me why I detest the Daily Mail, that was journalism at its most unclean. A sentence would have been more helpful than the link.

As far as I can tell, the article is about someone who has never even met the Prince. Did I get that wrong?

What I wrote was that you said "I believe the allegation is that he knew of the crimes being committed at the time and didn't report them" and I answered "There we are, that's the bit I've not seen. Where was his accuser quoted as saying that? She's clearly the person best placed to say it was so. "

I honestly can't see anything in the Daily Mail article alleging that he knew of the crimes being committed at the time and didn't report them. Which bit are you looking at?
    I don't see why you need to see it from any particular person. That girl is an accuser who says Epstein used his relationship with Andrew to lure young girls. We know Epstein and Andrew had a relationship, so it's not much of a leap that Epstein would use Andrew's name to advance his crimes. There's a very good chance the two of them spoke of it in passing.

Here is Virginia Roberts' attorney asking Andrew to step up and tell what he knew to the FBI.
    Gloria Allred said Prince Andrew has an obligation to meet with investigators to disclose what he knew about Jeffrey Epstein, the multimillionaire businessman and convicted sex offender who died by suicide this past summer while on trial for sex trafficking charges. The prince was a close friend of Epstein’s, but has denied any wrong-doing. Virginia Giuffre, who is one of several Epstein accusers, claims she was forced to have sex with the prince while she was underage.

Allred, who is representing several of Epstein’s accusers, urged the prince to meet with investigators as soon as possible without any conditions.
    https://variety.com/2019/politics/ne...in-1203412143/
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    I don't see why you need to see it from any particular person. That girl is an accuser who says Epstein used his relationship with Andrew to lure young girls.
    And I don't doubt her for a second, but she never met the Prince and there isn't the slightest reason to think the Prince knew anything about the using or the luring. It simply isn't relevant in the slightest. It says something about Mr Epstein, it says nothing about the Prince. It says a great deal about the filth-merchants on the Daily Mail though, it's about throwing mud because some will stick.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    01-17-2020
    Local Time
    11:19 PM

The Daily Mail has the same sort of credibility as the National Enquirer here in the states, along with a few other Grocery store Check-out stand rags.

This thread shows that even some reasonable people tend to give them more attention than they deserve.

Again, [shrug]
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Has anyone filed a suit againt Andrew?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Has anyone filed a suit againt Andrew?
    Of course not. Someone's selling a stack of extra newspapers and egging on the PR agents. I'll ask again, has anyone actually accused the Prince of any criminal behavior, as opposed to bad taste and the moral respectability of a feral tomcat?

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

And I'll say again that what this appears to be is pressure to get Andrew to tell investigators what he knows.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Short of extraordinary rendition, hell will freeze over first. The last time a member of the family was compelled into a witness box was in 1870, after a lifetime of behaving in much the same way as this one, and Prince Bertie never recovered his good name. The lesson will have been noted. Insensitive scoundrels, both of them.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Expect it to remain in the headlines for some time then. Either way, Andrew's reputation is damaged. I would think that stepping up with some sort of immunity deal might be the best way to try to salvage it to some degree.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-18-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Go on - immunity from what?

The Prince's reputation has been mud since his late teenage years, it has nowhere to go, it is never going to wash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast