Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person Of The Year for 2019

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    11:22 AM

Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person Of The Year for 2019

And, of course, tRump, apparently angry and jealous of this goes to mocking the 16-year-old. If his supporters can't see the immaturity of this in tRump, there's nothing that can open their eyes. Donald's nimrod son Donald jr also took to getting in on it making it a gangbang, which is not shocking coming from these two.
    Quote Originally Posted by tRump
    So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!
    Project much, Donnie?
    Quote Originally Posted by tRump jr
    Time leaves out the Hong Kong Protesters fighting for their lives and freedoms to push a teen being used as a marketing gimmick. How dare you?
    Project much, Nimrod? https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-year-n1100531
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    04:22 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg Is Time's Person Of The Year for 2019

These guys all have their eyes closed.

https://apnews.com/09acb60e55594ee79914e7691fdcd922

When christianity took over in europe they called it the dark ages. I used to find that genre of american sci fi where religous extremism takes hold and freedom goes out the window a bit hard to see as credible I still do really but sometimes I wonder.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

I guess when one believes in a myth that portrays a God who creates evil people for the sole purpose of fulfilling His will there can be no such thing as a contradiction or free will for that matter.

I'm not certain which one the religious rights projects on Trump. Is it David or Saul? Or is it another character?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    10:22 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    And, of course, tRump, apparently angry and jealous of this goes to mocking the 16-year-old. If his supporters can't see the immaturity of this in tRump, there's nothing that can open their eyes. Donald's nimrod son Donald jr also took to getting in on it making it a gangbang, which is not shocking coming from these two. Project much, Donnie? Project much, Nimrod? https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-year-n1100531
    Not shocked much less surprised Time's selection. It is really great putting a 16-year-old child and her silly diatribe as their own political statement of the year.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Premium Member
    Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Not shocked much less surprised Time's selection. It is really great putting a 16-year-old child and her silly diatribe as their own political statement of the year.
    Did you think anything similar when Trump was their choice?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time
    09:22 AM

A 16 year old is hardly a child these days.
    And I see nothing silly about being concerned that few, if any of the "Leaders" of today are yet doing anything useful about the the looming climate issues.

Even the Petroleum companies have recognized that there will be a significant effect from the exploitation of fossil fuels, and are making adjustments to their long range plans, while the collective governments simple offer lip service and diddle their fiddles.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

It is really great putting a 16-year-old child and her silly diatribe
    I wonder whether I could persuade you to quote anything she's said in public which qualifies as "silly", I'm interested to know what might fit this setting. Any quote, anywhere, any topic, so long as it's actually her words and you put them in quote marks. If you can choose something relevant to her public message then that would be a bonus but I don't insist.

And I don't believe Time has ever actually endorsed the position of their "Person of the Year". Their own claim is just that the person they choose has become wildly and surprisingly influential in the previous twelve months. Hitler, Bono, Wallis Simpson, Stalin twice, Krushchev, the Ayatollah, Giuliani - where do you get "their own political statement" out of that selection exactly? You honestly think any of those deep thinkers meshed with Time's editorial perspective?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    02-27-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I like this commentary.
    I wonder whether I could persuade you to quote anything she's said in public which qualifies as "silly", I'm interested to know what might fit this setting. Any quote, anywhere, any topic, so long as it's actually her words and you put them in quote marks. If you can choose something relevant to her public message then that would be a bonus but I don't insist.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast