Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buttigieg's Campaign Issuing Donation Refunds on Demand

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    06:21 AM

Buttigieg's Campaign Issuing Donation Refunds on Demand

Why? Because as the campaign has moved forward, many progressives who donated to his campaign say they are now disappointed in his rhetoric lately, citing his changes mainly on healthcare and college tuition. It certainly didn't help by labeling the small donations both Warren and Sanders have courted and depended on as "pocket change".

Straddling the fence between corporate and populist interests has always been tricky, however, today it appears to be toxic.
    Though they initially viewed South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg as an intriguing and progressive newcomer when he began his presidential campaign early this year, the #RefundPete hashtag began trending Thursday morning on social media as a growing number of former donors started requesting their donations back in the wake of recent revelations about the 2020 Democratic candidate.
    https://www.truthdig.com/articles/pe...mand-a-refund/
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    05:21 AM

Re: Buttigieg's Campaign Issuing Donation Refunds on Demand

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Why? Because as the campaign has moved forward, many progressives who donated to his campaign say they are now disappointed in his rhetoric lately, citing his changes mainly on healthcare and college tuition. It certainly didn't help by labeling the small donations both Warren and Sanders have courted and depended on as "pocket change".

Straddling the fence between corporate and populist interests has always been tricky, however, today it appears to be toxic. https://www.truthdig.com/articles/pe...mand-a-refund/
    That boy was a looser from the get go.

“If Pete Buttigieg fooled you into thinking he was a progressive at the beginning of his campaign and you donated what he thinks is pocket change, you can ask for a refund by emailing your receipt

REALY?

There was a time I donated modest amounts of money and time for politicians I though worthy and never expected a refund should we lose.

No wonder that boy lost exhibiting such illogic.
    “The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
    Gang aft agley.
    An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time
    04:21 AM

I'm kinda with Tude on this.
    The Dem Clown car is careening down the slope at breakneck speed, and bodies are flying everywhere.

At this point, I plan, to wait and see who they actually come up with after the primaries. But, my prime voting choice is already decided. Whoever is "NOT Trump" will most likely get my vote.

Hell, I'd vote for Vladimir, before I'd vote for The Donald.
    “The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.”
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I'm kinda with Tude on this.
    Perhaps you can explain to me what "tude" actually said other than his ad hominem that "[t]hat boy was a loser from the get go"? When, in "tude's" opinion all Democrats are losers from the get-go. Is that the part you're "kinda with Tude on" or is it his anecdote? The last sentence is nonsensical, so I doubt it would be that sentiment, though one never knows these days.

Maybe I'm being too literal and there's some sort of nuance in his post that I'm missing?

I'm being sincere here. "Tude" really didn't say anything useful or relevant to the discussion whatsoever. It's easy for some to look past that fact since it's such a common occurance with "Tude". But encouraging him? "Really"?
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Perhaps you can explain to me what "tude" actually said other than his ad hominem that "[t]hat boy was a loser from the get go"? When, in "tude's" opinion all Democrats are losers from the get-go. Is that the part you're "kinda with Tude on" or is it his anecdote? The last sentence is nonsensical, so I doubt it would be that sentiment, though one never knows these days.

Maybe I'm being too literal and there's some sort of nuance in his post that I'm missing?

I'm being sincere here. "Tude" really didn't say anything useful or relevant to the discussion whatsoever. It's easy for some to look past that fact since it's such a common occurance with "Tude". But encouraging him? "Really"?
    Buttigieg, as well as several of the others are basically cannon fodder.
    They have some good ideas and they talk a good talk at the beginning, but they don't have sustaining power. And, unless they have a solid strategy, which includes everybody working together, the Dems are going to fall on their faces, to serve as a nice new doormat for the Trumpster to wipe his feet on as he steps into the White House for a second term.

I read his comments on education and Charter schools, and he makes a couple of good points, but right now, even the hint of favor for Charter school education sets off the radical Dems. He should have seen that coming.

These guys (Dems) need to work on building a strategy for the Party to gain a handle on the Senate, without losing ground in the House, and work on bringing the biggest Gun they can find to put up against tRump in the Presidential election. I don't see even a hint of solidarity in that Clown Car, yet. Just a repeat of the GOP antics of 2015-2016.
    And the Dem strategy has got to be not terribly radical, so as to not scare off any reasonable conservatives who really want to abandon the SS Donald before the election.
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Hell, I'd vote for Vladimir, before I'd vote for The Donald.
    Really? It is hard to stay sane in this atmosphere but do so we must. Vlad has actually had people killed who disagree, particularly the Fourth Estate. So please, despite our delirium let's not get too careless. Thank you.

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    Really? It is hard to stay sane in this atmosphere but do so we must. Vlad has actually had people killed who disagree, particularly the Fourth Estate. So please, despite our delirium let's not get too careless. Thank you.
    You may be right, Anne. That might be a rhetorical step too far.
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

I don't know why you quoted me, and there's quite a bit more that I'd normally address in your post, but won't.
    Buttigieg, as well as several of the others are basically cannon fodder.
    To what end?

These guys (Dems) need to work on building a strategy for the Party to gain a handle on the Senate, without losing ground in the House, and work on bringing the biggest Gun they can find to put up against tRump in the Presidential election. I don't see even a hint of solidarity in that Clown Car, yet. Just a repeat of the GOP antics of 2015-2016.
    And the Dem strategy has got to be not terribly radical, so as to not scare off any reasonable conservatives who really want to abandon the SS Donald before the election.
    This is the problem with team politics. As dumb as members on Team Red appear in their reasoning, Team Blue members appear just as dumb. Instead of rooting for Team Blue to work out a better strategy, why not just vote one's conscience? So what if your choice looses the election. It can't get any worse than it already is.

Since 1979, this mindset of voting team politics has brought us a combination of red and blue disasters. First a president with dementia, then a bully, then a pedophile, then the bully's son, then a coward, and finally culminating in a combination of all of the previous ones mentioned. So, rather than asking what color team occupies our government offices, it should be "who" occupies them.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

I don't know why you quoted me, and there's quite a bit more that I'd normally address in your post, but won't. To what end?

This is the problem with team politics. As dumb as members on Team Red appear in their reasoning, Team Blue members appear just as dumb. Instead of rooting for Team Blue to work out a better strategy, why not just vote one's conscience? So what if your choice looses the election. It can't get any worse than it already is.

Since 1979, this mindset of voting team politics has brought us a combination of red and blue disasters. First a president with dementia, then a bully, then a pedophile, then the bully's son, then a coward, and finally culminating in a combination of all of the previous ones mentioned. So, rather than asking what color team occupies our government offices, it should be "who" occupies them.
    Team politics?
    There is the problem. The type of person who really wants to be President is flawed. They are not team players.
    They only cooperate when they can see the opportunity to advance their own cause. And they think that the best way to win the race is to trip up the other runners.

There is no TEAM in POLITICS
    ― Werner Heisenberg
    - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth"
    - Rudy Giuliani

Premium Member
    Local Date
    01-26-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Team politics?
    AKA Party Politics. We're all familiar with that term.

I'm calling it Team Politics to alert attention to the idea that our politics is designed around American conditioning from our youth of good guys versus bad guys, white hats versus black hats. In politics, it's Team Red vs Team Blue, and why we have only two choices in our politics. The system is designed to divide us.

This is why attack ads work so well, and why we enjoy squabbling so much. Just look at today's headlines and see how many of them draw attention based on adversarial arguing from last night's debate show. We like to fight.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast