Thread: "It's All About The Oil" Explained

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    04:03 PM

"It's All About The Oil" Explained

Finally!

Since the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, I've read many articles that point to oil as the rational, though what had been missing in those articles has been any kind of comprehensive explanation of what that means, leaving me confused. Until now!

In this piece by Michael Hudson we are treated to an explanation and breakdown of what "it's all about the oil" means and how it relates to tRumps recent assassination of Islamic Revolutionary Guard general Qassim Suleimani.

Hudson explains (in condensed version) how, over the past 70 years, the Pentagon has been in the ready to follow through with such plans if and when the times necessitate the action.

Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking and just how intentional his actions and rhetoric is, and how and why US presidents follow the foreign policies of their predecessors on war.
    The mainstream media are carefully sidestepping the method behind America’s seeming madness in assassinating Islamic Revolutionary Guard general Qassim Suleimani to start the New Year. The logic behind the assassination this was a long-standing application of U.S. global policy, not just a personality quirk of Donald Trump’s impulsive action. His assassination of Iranian military leader Suleimani was indeed a unilateral act of war in violation of international law, but it was a logical step in a long-standing U.S. strategy. It was explicitly authorized by the Senate in the funding bill for the Pentagon that it passed last year.
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01...the-near-east/
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    10:03 PM

Re: "It's All About The Oil" Explained

Yes, that was a well-constructed article and brings the story up to date. If I go looking there are threads from ten years ago mainly involving Koan which make very similar points.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time
    03:03 PM

I got a good laugh from:"Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking..."
    It is a well-written piece. But, I think that it is a mistake to presume that America is still in charge of all the goings on.

We have become pawns (Maybe Rooks, or even knights) in the brewing contest between the Shiite and Suni/Wahabi factions of the Muslim world, who no longer really give a flying Fig about Israel and the US.

And China and Russia are sitting back, waiting to see who is still standing after the smoke clears.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I got a good laugh from:"Now it is easy to understand tRump's thinking..."
    He is a simpleton. But my point is that he's really just taking orders from the Pentagon.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-03-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Yes, that was a well-constructed article and brings the story up to date. If I go looking there are threads from ten years ago mainly involving Koan which make very similar points.
    It would be nice to hear from her. I emailed her a couple of years ago but didn't receive a reply.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-04-2020
    Local Time
    08:03 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    I thought we knew all this in the eighties? Whilst Iran continues to "disobey" America and the Saudis and sell their own oil to whom they wish it will continue.

Has anyone noticed more recently that if you aren't a friend of the States or kowtow to them you are automatically a terrorist state/person/group?

+ Reply to Thread