Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Megan and harry

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    10:08 AM

Megan and harry

If you turn on the radio, tv or open a newspaper you would think nothing of importance was happening and most people in thg UK actually cared.

I don't give a **** and I suspect most people don't either. It#s enough to make you a republican

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Re: Megan and harry

https://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/t...e-media-public : There are four pro-Republic national newspapers in the Guardian, Observer, Independent and Independent on Sunday, making up no less than half of the "broadsheet" press against the Times and Telegraph titles. (The FT pays little attention to the subject).

When The Independent was launched it came with a promise never to report on the Royal Family. They managed that for several years, I was impressed.

The week's story did infest Radio 4 but other than that I heard no mention. Al Jazeera didn't comment.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

Refresh my memory, please.
    Megan and Harry are who? (Or , is that "whom"? I can never keep that straight)
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers
    "Truth isn't Truth" - Rudy Giuliani

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

It's definitely "who".

The one referred to as "Harry" is sixth in line to the British Crown, which if he inherited would make him head of state of 23 countries worldwide (including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and at this rate Scotland).

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Barring some rather extraordinary circumstances, then, He would be quite the old fart before his services would be needed. By all means, they should let the boy go play.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Megan Markle is an actress who I think was in suits - a programme I have never actually seen.

Scoylandis quite likely to become a republic post independence, at the very leasst the drown estates wiill Ihope be taken off them.

Given the opprobrium heaped on his mother I can in fact have some sympathy for him wasnting as little to do with the royal family as possible. Having to put up with someone like camilla parker bowles must set his teeth on edge.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Barring some rather extraordinary circumstances, then, He would be quite the old fart before his services would be needed.
    I'm not sure I see the logic in that. He could be King by Easter is someone schedules a flight that goes catastrophically wrong. Or an outbreak of flu. Or typhoid in Buckingham Palace's Victorian water closets. Or corgi rabies.

Local Date
    01-19-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I'm not sure I see the logic in that. He could be King by Easter is someone schedules a flight that goes catastrophically wrong. Or an outbreak of flu. Or typhoid in Buckingham Palace's Victorian water closets. Or corgi rabies.
    Well then, if he was in Canada, or some such, he would be far removed from such an event, and therefore safely tucked away to return and take his rightful place.

+ Reply to Thread