Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time
    06:43 AM

Re: Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

The scammers work from home, presumably.

Goodwill, for those ignorant of the ways of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, is not among their varied and extensive attributes.

And yes, that's a screendump off my own phone this morning.
    Attached Images
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time
    11:43 PM

We've seen a number of things like that.

Some clown called today to tell me that my COVID-19 relief check was ready, and all I needed to do was send $100 for postage and handling via a Cashier's Check for escalation fees and I could have it tomorrow.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    We've seen a number of things like that.

Some clown called today to tell me that my COVID-19 relief check was ready, and all I needed to do was send $100 for postage and handling via a Cashier's Check for escalation fees and I could have it tomorrow.
    LOL! Was he a Prince from Nigeria?

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

the State of New York, alone is rapidly approaching the confirmed case numbers from all of China.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    the State of New York, alone is rapidly approaching the confirmed case numbers from all of China.
    Followed two days later by the City of New York, presumably.

I'm somewhat disturbed not to have seen Anne log in recently. Three weeks.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time

Here, I've found a tweet from 22 days ago from President Trump:

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!
    This is a deeply ignorant man with no grasp of reality. Is he seriously going to say that today's position was unforeseeable just three weeks ago?

I suspect he is totally surrounded by people who stroke his ego for a living.

Mr Trump has criticised those who want to "ride it out".
    I'm speechless. Does he think nobody can remember past yesterday?

"I think from a practical standard that couldn't have been carried out", he says, because models forecast that if the US did not undertake any mitigation efforts at all, "that number [of deaths] becomes 1.5m up to 2.2m, and even beyond."
    Well duh. Read the thread, Mister President. It's not exactly news.

I have no faith that America could mitigate a piss-up in a brewery just right now. Bring back Sean Spicer. Please. And where's Kellyanne Conway when she's needed.

What does "goals" mean, Ms Conway?

Look, it's that same lying corrupt pretend-graph again.

Can things get worse? Of course they can. The President still hasn't got to falsely announcing "America was deliberately attacked" yet. Has anyone offered me odds on that so far? It'll be on a par with "The virus will not have a chance against us".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	goals.png
Views:	27
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	42320  

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_ View Post
    LOL! Was he a Prince from Nigeria?
    Where I live, most of the phone scammers operate out of India.

It used to be Americans working offshore in boiler-rooms, but these days the Indians have captured the market.

Africans specialize in email scams, they're so much cheaper to set up and operate.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Where I live, most of the phone scammers operate out of India.

It used to be Americans working offshore in boiler-rooms, but these days the Indians have captured the market.

Africans specialize in email scams, they're so much cheaper to set up and operate.
    Yeah, this guy that called me was likely some sort of local Amateur. 100 bucks is chicken feed for those guys.
    - Anon

Local Date
    06-07-2020
    Local Time

To get a perspective on numbers of deaths in the UK, we have just passed the fully-laden Jumbo 747 crash per day scale, we are approaching the Titanic hitting an iceberg per day scale next week and I'm stuck for comparisons thereafter. The Great Plague of London in 1665 killed 75,000 but that's not a feasible daily total for the UK. America might, but not the UK.

If America passes the 9/11 death toll per day scale around ten days from now then President Trump's brand new lockdown self-isolation extra ventilators approach will need some tweaking. Without mitigation, that's when it's due.

Local Date
    06-06-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Well we hit the 4 thousand mark today. And there does not really seem to be a sign of leveling off, yet.
    We have yet to come up with a reliable testing protocol in most of the country.
    They announce some location doing drive-by testing, and within an hour it is overwhelmed, and then they announce that they tested 100 people or so, and closed because they ran out of tests.

Deaths in the US

April will be so much FUN this year. [sigh]
    - Anon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast