Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    09:17 AM

Re: Not with a Bang, but with a Sneeze?

The struggle in mainland China just turned in zero new cases over a 24 hour period. The effort being focused there must be astonishing.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time
    02:17 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    The struggle in mainland China just turned in zero new cases over a 24 hour period. The effort being focused there must be astonishing.
    Italy, on the other hand,...
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Italy, on the other hand,...
    Ah. Venice. The place I'm meant to be spending Easter.

Perhaps it will thin the crowds?

As for the number of cases in Italy and Iran today, the number of deaths reported can extrapolate back if we assume the same shape of spread as the first few weeks in China.

Iran, on that basis, has between 500 and 2000 cases, nowhere near the claim of 66.

Italy would have around 300, very close to the claimed 219.

Indonesia, of course, still has no cases at all. I would not want to be on holiday in Jakarta at the moment.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Well done the Chinese.

The red is Mainland China, blue is the rest of the world, the yellow is what an exponential spread looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cv200225.png
Views:	57
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	42300  

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Yikes, Tenerife too. Wonder how many were there for half term.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh claimed on his show Monday that the potentially lethal coronavirus afflicting several countries is nothing more than a “common cold” blown out of proportion by the media to take down President Donald Trump ― even as he also asserted it was a “bioweapon” created by China in a laboratory.

“It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump,” Limbaugh said at the start of his lengthy, misinformation-filled rant.

“Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus. ... I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks.”

Rush Limbaugh Claims The 'Common Cold' Coronavirus Is An Effort To ‘Get Trump’
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Tom Cruise has been forced to hole up in a luxury hotel in Venice after the filming of Mission: Impossible 7 was halted after an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy, DailyMail.com has learned. Cruise, who arrived in Venice on February 20, is now stuck at the luxurious Hotel Gritti Palace until March 1, awaiting a decision on the future of the project.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art..._campaign=1490
    I doubt it's true - it's the Daily Mail, after all. Swiping at Hollywood is fun though.

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
    Bravely ran away, away.
    When danger rears it's ugly head
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.
    Yes Brave Sir Robin turned about
    He gallantly chickened out.
    Bravely taking to his feet
    He beat a very brave retreat.
    Oh bravest of the brave, Sir Robin.

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

so, three of the top ten regions for deaths are NOT in Mainland China, now.
    Iran, Italy ans South Korea are coming up on the inside lane.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Another useful site if you want to keep track of the corona bug.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...r-coronavirus/

A lot of interesting data.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-08-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    US President Trump has appointed his Vice-President Mike Pence to coordinate the government response to the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51654494
    Come on, that's pretty funny. Vice President Pence is stiffed whether he succeeds or he fails. The words "poisoned chalice" come to mind, as might President Trump's own words on the subject of appointing non-medical health czars: "zero experience in the medical area and zero experience in infectious disease control".

On Wednesday, the White House deputy press secretary, Judd Deere, said on Twitter that a report the White House is considering appointing a coronavirus czar “is not true!”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rump-questions
    As Tom Lehrer once put it, "Second fiddle's a hard part, I know / When they don't even give you a bow".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast