+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Flu relief

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    12:22 PM

Unhappy Cold and Flu relief

They say there is no way to lesson the time of these ailments and you can only treat the symptoms while it "runs it's course".

Do you all have any tried and true concoctions that seem to help your symptoms?

I'll start: Mucinex, Sudafed (not the fake, the real stuff you have to sign for and show your ID to the pharmacist, flonase and Nyguil (when you sleep).

Also, it's been a hell of a week
    I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    12:22 PM

Re: Cold and Flu relief

Quote Originally Posted by devist8me View Post
    They say there is no way to lesson the time of these ailments and you can only treat the symptoms while it "runs it's course".

Do you all have any tried and true concoctions that seem to help your symptoms?

I'll start: Mucinex, Sudafed (not the fake, the real stuff you have to sign for and show your ID to the pharmacist, flonase and Nyguil (when you sleep).

Also, it's been a hell of a week
    Nyquil so I can sleep at night, and Nasacort to keep the sniffling down in the day time.
    Avoid unnecessary human contact, and work from home.

I actually have not had a case of the flu, or a cold since 2014, when I shared a flight from New York to Denver with several dozen hacking, coughing, sneezing passengers.
    I take lots of Vitamin C and Zinc, and drink a lot of water and fruit juices(unsweetened) to stay hydrated. It seems to work.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    07:22 PM

Lemsip Max and Night Nurse do it for me.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

I prefer the suffering, it's educational. I've only had one cold in the last couple of years, picked up on a five hour train ride.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time
    01:22 PM

I accept that aging causes one to nap more and sleep less. That works for me, though being self-employed affords me the flexibility to accept that. I dislike waking up with the medicine-head caused by sleep aids.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's
    Be the wave that I am and then
    Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I prefer the suffering, it's educational. I've only had one cold in the last couple of years, picked up on a five hour train ride.
    Not at the moment it’s not - I’ve a wisdom tooth that will have to be cut out and it’s developed an abscess whilst I’ve been waiting. I’ve lost near half a stone so far ‘cos I can’t eat and even co-codamol every four hours does not touch the pain. Hopefully the anti-biotics will take the swelling down soon.

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Tooth abscess is the worst. I feel for you. The good thing is that the antibiotics usually work fairly quick. Good luck.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Tooth abscess is the worst. I feel for you. The good thing is that the antibiotics usually work fairly quick. Good luck.
    Second day and no joy so far - trouble is I left it too long.

Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

It is a dreadful thing to have. Mine still shows up on x-rays from where they packed it with amalgam at a guess, fifty years ago. They had to cut in high above the gum to get there. You can expect a black eye too.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Premium Member
    Local Date
    04-09-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    Second day and no joy so far - trouble is I left it too long.
    Funny how that happens. It feels tolerable enough for a time and then Wham-O - all of a sudden it's impossible to deal with. I've been there. It appears to be a genetic issue within my family, teeth going bad. Lots of root canals & caps at around $2,000.00 per tooth or extraction for $200.00 total.
    Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast