Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Not William

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    08:08 PM

Re: Why Not William

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    I take complaisant pleasure in sickness and deseases being a great leveller - the word "leveller" having quite a resonance in English history. Wealth and privilege will not avert the plague, neither in 1666 (God's Wrath On Wanton Sinners) nor in 2020 (Sky-High Overpopulation, if you ask my opinion).

No but it will keep the worker down for centuries to come.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    09:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    Spoken like a true constipated privileged old white male of the realm.
    One does one's best.

I'm pleased to see you, I do hope your year goes well. These are rocky times.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    08:08 PM

**** these "times" ...my death list could come to past ..they are in the right age group.. (to the novices of course I'm joking) A little stressed presently ..but it'll be okay I'm sure someone has a brain in their head surely..

But about these "lesser lands " .......you sycophant!

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    it'll be okay I'm sure someone has a brain in their head surely..
    A lifetime of experience must have taught you better than that. Individually we have brains. Collectively we are led as lambs to the slaughter.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus, Clarence House has announced.

Prince Charles, 71, is displaying mild symptoms "but otherwise remains in good health", a spokesman said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845
    I'm moderately horrified that he's still indiscriminately sleeping around at his age, that's all.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

And - silly question - if he's at home self-isolating, how come he was tested?

One rule for the rich and another for the poor, perhaps. I'm damned sure I wouldn't have been.

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    And - silly question - if he's at home self-isolating, how come he was tested?

One rule for the rich and another for the poor, perhaps. I'm damned sure I wouldn't have been.
    I gather that the Royal family has their very own pet physician, and they don't have to make an appointment at the local clinic.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    03-28-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I gather that the Royal family has their very own pet physician
    What?

Good lord no, the Royal Household is far more ornate than "pet physician", where were you brought up.

Her Majesty is presently attended by two Physicians to the Queen, the Serjeant Surgeon, the Surgeon to the Queen, the Surgeon Oculist, a presently redundant Surgeon Gynaecologist, the Surgeon Dentist, one Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Royal Bones, a General Physician, Surgeon and Surgeon Oculist to the Household, an assortment of Apothecaries to the Queen - one resident at Windsor and another at Sandringham - and finally her own personal Coroner to keep the press under wraps when anyone dies.

Whether any of them are allowed to speak to Charles might be relevant. There have certainly been times in British History when a Prince of Wales wouldn't have been allowed within a mile of them, least of all while carrying a purse of guineas.

The public is attuning itself to my pearls of wisdom, I notice. This was added to the Guardian website twenty minutes after my post -

Anger over Prince Charles's Covid-19 test is a warning sign of divisions to come

The virus is throwing familiar inequalities into sharp relief

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-old-divisions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2