+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: America is Shutting Down

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time
    09:56 PM

Re: America is Shutting Down

I walk every day & our streets are extremely wide so we do keep the distance.

I've noticed several Grandparents have their Grandkids do to school shut down.

Today I'll be picking my neighbors Grapefruit & put the grates out for free.
    Usually St. Mary's Food Bank pick fruit for the elderly - now they can't.

It's a dirty job but has to be done or she'll have rats.

Patsy

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    06:56 AM

My wristband says 10,000 steps so far today and it's mid-afternoon. I've taken to whimsically walking down the middle of the road instead of the sidewalk there's so little motor traffic.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

I've got a dog so I need to go out for a walk with him. Where I live it's easy to find places where there are few people.

Wish people wopuld stop panic buying I will need bogroll soon.

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time
    11:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    I've got a dog so I need to go out for a walk with him. Where I live it's easy to find places where there are few people.

Wish people wopuld stop panic buying I will need bogroll soon.
    That is pretty annoying. here, it seems we need to be at the door at 7 when the market opens, and then make a mad dash for the necessities.
    The current policies mean that one MUST go to the store for such things, thereby exposing himself to the potential of infection, while being told to stay home to avoid that very thing.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

Hooray got some bogroll.

I had it explained to me that when somebody sneezes everybody around them ****s themselves which is why there is a run on toilet roll.

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    Hooray got some bogroll.

I had it explained to me that when somebody sneezes everybody around them ****s themselves which is why there is a run on toilet roll.
    The best explanation I've heard for the phenomenon, yet.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time

The UK has been put on Low Level Lockdown. This means that you can leave your home to shop for essentials - all non food shops & venues have been closed.

You may leave your home briefly once a day for excercise, so long as you are alone, or with small family groups of the same household.

You may travel to / from work, but should work from home if you possibly can.

Police have been given authority to issue on the spot fines of £30 upwards (unlimited) which may also result in a criminal record for anyone who breaches the Lockdown Rules.

I'm currently still on Annual Leave until Apr 2nd, but I've been in constant touch with my Manager, as I may have to work from home, which I don't really want to do, as I don't feel comfortable outside of the formality of an Office Environment, but needs must & all that.

I also suspect that when I was really ill after Christmas it may have been C19 that I had, as it fitted in with all the symptoms, so it's possible I may now be immune.

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    01:56 AM

Our Governor here in Virginia has closed schools for at least the rest of this school year. As of midnight yesterday all businesses such as barber shops, beauty parlors, tattoo parlors, massage parlor etc... as well as movie theaters, bowling alleys, race tracks and that sort have to close. Any place that sells food has to have delivery or take-out.

I have my 88 year old mother that I check in on daily plus my 87 year old mother-in-law is living with us now so I have to be very careful. I go to the grocery store as little as possible and I try to get there as soon as it opens up in the morning before a lot of people get there and I wear rubber gloves.

Grocery shopping is kinda weird, sometimes there will be no bread, sometimes there will be no milk, but there is never any toliet paper!

Local Date
    04-06-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Hope6 View Post
    Our Governor here in Virginia has closed schools for at least the rest of this school year. As of midnight yesterday all businesses such as barber shops, beauty parlors, tattoo parlors, massage parlor etc... as well as movie theaters, bowling alleys, race tracks and that sort have to close. Any place that sells food has to have delivery or take-out.

I have my 88 year old mother that I check in on daily plus my 87 year old mother-in-law is living with us now so I have to be very careful. I go to the grocery store as little as possible and I try to get there as soon as it opens up in the morning before a lot of people get there and I wear rubber gloves.

Grocery shopping is kinda weird, sometimes there will be no bread, sometimes there will be no milk, but there is never any toliet paper!
    Our granddaughter near Charlottesville says her hubby is working from home, and now here son is home from school, and she can't get ANYTHING done.
    - Anon

Local Date
    04-07-2020
    Local Time
    01:56 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    Our granddaughter near Charlottesville says her hubby is working from home, and now here son is home from school, and she can't get ANYTHING done.
    My Jacob is tickled pink to be out of school. He doesn't seem to be bothered to bad by this virus but I wonder. Last night he can running into where I was asleep and I woke up to him hugging me, he said he had a dream that I had gotten sick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast