Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Does God kill?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    Presumably you feel acquiring the belief has improved your quality of life?

    No, in fact some things got worse. It improved some things, and some things it did not. My spiritual understanding had grown tremendously, my every day living has not. In fact I got cancer 5 years ago on my lungs. After 4 years the VA said they could do no more and placed me into a nursing home to die. They gave me weeks to live. Well after 2 months the doctor there told me I was not dying but getting progressively better. So they tested me and found no cancer.

    So for one year I had been cancer free and they told me last week that it has came back into my lung, shoulder and lower back. So my quality of living has gotten worse.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    No, in fact some things got worse. It improved some things, and some things it did not. My spiritual understanding had grown tremendously, my every day living has not. In fact I got cancer 5 years ago on my lungs. After 4 years the VA said they could do no more and placed me into a nursing home to die. They gave me weeks to live. Well after 2 months the doctor there told me I was not dying but getting progressively better. So they tested me and found no cancer.

    So for one year I had been cancer free and they told me last week that it has came back into my lung, shoulder and lower back. So my quality of living has gotten worse.

    That's been my personal experience. My belief hardly changed my quality of living, but it did help my morals and it helped my cut out a lot of things that I shouldn't have been doing anyway. The most important thing improving was my conscious awareness of how God really is and how flakey religion was. I see that the most important message in the bible is universal salvation and how it is completely overlooked.

  3. #23
    Proudly humble LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    11,651
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    06:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    That's been my personal experience. My belief hardly changed my quality of living, but it did help my morals and it helped my cut out a lot of things that I shouldn't have been doing anyway. The most important thing improving was my conscious awareness of how God really is and how flakey religion was. I see that the most important message in the bible is universal salvation and how it is completely overlooked.
    I can assure you that it has not been overlooked by all. Only a select group Xtians who prefer to teach eternal damnation and how to escape it.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

  4. #24
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I can assure you that it has not been overlooked by all. Only a select group Xtians who prefer to teach eternal damnation and how to escape it.

    I disagree, in my understanding over 90% of Christianity teach eternal damnation.

  5. #25
    Senior Member FourPart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,360
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    01:58 PM

    Re: Does God kill?

    So, he introduces this slaughter - but only because he loves you.

    Meanwhile, millions of Christians are praying for deliverence. Isn't that a bit presumptuous to question his will?

    In the meantime, although Churches in the UK have been mandated to close, there are still Churches all over the US filling with 1,000s of people exposing each other to the infection - often taking part in the ritual act of Cannibalism, sharing the same cup, and the Priest feeding everyone with the wafer without washing his hands between customers.

    Whilst all this is going in the Atheistic Scientists continue to work away on finding a vaccine (which, no doubt, the Anti-Vaxxers will reject), and then the Christians will give their invisible 'friend' all the credit for having guided the Atheists towards finding the cure.

    Religion is the biggest hypocrisy, evil, and outright danger on the planet.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Religion is the biggest hypocrisy, evil, and outright danger on the planet.

    I don't think religion is the biggest evil, but religious people may well be the biggest danger.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    In Psalms 31:15," My times are in your hands." Here King David expresses what he has discovered in his life, that life and death is in God's hands. It's what him being Alpha and Omega means, he is the complete cycle of human life.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    In Psalms 31:15," My times are in your hands." Here King David expresses what he has discovered in his life, that life and death is in God's hands. It's what him being Alpha and Omega means, he is the complete cycle of human life.
    Obviously I am a creationist, I see no other reasonable explanation as to how we got here. No scientist can explain how the universe started. Eventually they had to admit it's something about our existence that can't be explained. No brilliant mind can explain how nothing turned into something one dark day.

    Where did the darkness come from? Where did the first tiny bit of matter come from? They think the great nothing just decided to be something one day. So they keep insulting our intelligence by continually confirming nothing as the source of something. A mathematical impossibility that will never equate to anything but absolute zero. But they are addicted to the magic trick that science accepts ad reason being born from things unreasonable.

  9. #29
    Supporting Member spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brigstow
    Posts
    37,156
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    01:58 PM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
    Obviously I am a creationist, I see no other reasonable explanation as to how we got here. No scientist can explain how the universe started. Eventually they had to admit it's something about our existence that can't be explained. No brilliant mind can explain how nothing turned into something one dark day.
    And yet you don't see there's a huge jump between that fact and arbitrarily choosing to believe the cause was (1) conscious (2) intelligent (3) immortal (4) onmipresent (5) still affecting every individual life on planet Earth on a daily basis and (6) well-disposed in some unspecified way to their individual future interests. How can you possibly say the inevitable consequence of your initial paragraph is the belief you have chosen to adopt, and that because your belief is the truth then no contradictory alternative can be anything but false?
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

    The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

    England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mickiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Warren, Michigan
    Posts
    4,439
    Local Date
    06-03-2020
    Local Time
    05:58 AM

    Re: Does God kill?

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by spot View Post
    And yet you don't see there's a huge jump between that fact and arbitrarily choosing to believe the cause was (1) conscious (2) intelligent (3) immortal (4) onmipresent (5) still affecting every individual life on planet Earth on a daily basis and (6) well-disposed in some unspecified way to their individual future interests. How can you possibly say the inevitable consequence of your initial paragraph is the belief you have chosen to adopt, and that because your belief is the truth then no contradictory alternative can be anything but false?

    You have to stand for something or you will fall to the nothing. I can't go for the nothing, I have to go with something. Something is a cause, a purpose , a reason; whereas nothing is the escape from something. O find that something, or creation, is better than nothing- or the first scientific magic trick. Science thinks the universe is the magicians hat and all life is the bunny that got pulled out of the hat. I refuse to accept such nonsense. I made a choice and stuck with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts