Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foolishness

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    01:59 AM

Foolishness

The things some people are doing at he moment are sheer folly.

1. There's the worst hotel chain in Britain, Britannia, which fired staff and put them out of their accommodation. In winter, in Aviemore, in the snow, with no notice.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...covid-19#img-2

And the back-peddlers at the chain's head office "blamed an administrative error". How can an administrative error write a letter? Some bugger wrote it. How could anyone possibly write that letter? It's a disgusting letter.

2. Some pet shop chain has issued staff with "key worker" letters to hand in at school, and told head teachers to contact their lawyers if they have an issue with it. Seriously. How can the company board not be jailed for that. Why is there no accountability.

A UK pet shop chain, Pets At Home, has been criticised for claiming key worker status for its staff. Schools in the UK have closed but children of those classified as key workers are still allowed to attend. A letter from Pets At Home tells schools to contact their legal department in case of questions.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...-south-america
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

England's troubles will increase until the bishops open Joanna Southcott's box.
    It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Re: Foolishness

One category they seem to have forgotten about is farm workers and those who work in the food processing industry. Food shop workers are essential and personally as a pet owner I can see why a pet shop mighty see itself as essential. On the other hsnd you can buy dog dood in the supermarkets.

The things some people are doing at he moment are sheer folly.

Staff will remember and come the new season when with no european workers to fill vanancies they will struggle (I suspect) to get staff.

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

How about the worst pub chain?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9420906.html

People will remember I suspect wetherspoons will struggle to get both staff and customers after all this is over.

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    10:59 AM

I mentioned (somewhere else) that this pandemic will show up all greedy business owners . Our government just put out a package to subsidise businesses to keep their staff on . It's a hell of a lot of money . But I suspect it will end as it always does with businesses not doing as they should.

for all the back slapping our governments and high enders of the world do to each other ....it doesn't take much for all of it to crumble does it? this is just the beginning.

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by magentaflame View Post
    I But I suspect it will end as it always does with businesses not doing as they should.
    Here's a perfect example from England.

A senior executive at one of Britain’s biggest outsourcing companies has told workers he believes coronavirus is “less severe” than normal influenza in a message explaining why they will not receive any special sickness benefits.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...evere-than-flu

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    06:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    One category they seem to have forgotten about is farm workers and those who work in the food processing industry. Food shop workers are essential and personally as a pet owner I can see why a pet shop mighty see itself as essential. On the other hsnd you can buy dog dood in the supermarkets.
    We always cook real food for our pets. Don't need pet shops.
    "Learn from the mistakes of others---you can never live long enough to make them all yourself."
    - Anon

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Here's another.

A music festival company contracted to operate emergency mortuaries in London has been accused of inadequately training workers in handling bodies, and demanding staff sign non-disclosure agreements.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...al-firm-london
    That is just cheapskate cost-cutting. Body snatchers could get away with dozens of corpses and nobody would even notice. That's a festival tent, not a mortuary. You can get inside with just a penknife.

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Authorities in a Spanish coastal resort have apologised after spraying a beach with bleach in an attempt to protect children from coronavirus.

Zahara de los Atunes, near Cadiz, used tractors to spray more than 2km (1.2 miles) of beach with a bleach solution a day before Spain allowed children out of lockdown for the first time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52471208

What unutterably thick as a plank civil servant authorized that. Who on earth is so singularly stupid as to think a mile of beach, of all places, could host coronavirus. What aspect of ecology is this twerp so ignorant of that it crossed his mind as an acceptable thing to do.

+ Reply to Thread