Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: S.A. prejudism

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    12:34 AM

Re: S.A. prejudism

Quote Originally Posted by Jives
    A rather broad statement, don't you think? Especially considering I live in the poorest state in the nation? Anyway, my point was that anglos have really taken a bashing lately. It isn't cool to be white. A little girl tried to start a "white pride" club at a school in California to go along with the black pride and the brown pride clubs and she was reviled as a racist. Some Black Americans even called for reparations for salvery from white people, which I find funny since my second cousin is Abraham Linclon. In my own city, the only way to get a job at the four Corners Power Plant is to be Navajo.

You get the idea.

I really just meant that perhaps I could say that I was proud to be "White" again, without fear of being reviled as a racist.

By no means do I consider you a racist, nor do I consider anyone who has pride in their race a racist. I think it's sad that there are such things white pride groups and black pride groups. I'm one of the very fortunate individuals that grew up with everyone, Asians, Muslims, White and Black folk, and Hispanics. I truly don't see color, I see people and a few jackasses thrown in here and there. I understand what you are saying now. As far as reparations go, I am fully against that. That's just a dumb idea. How about instead of trying to get rich off the past, we learn from it and move on. The sad fact is that a nice chunk of those who were to get reparations would mismanage the money and be broke again, but that's a topic for a later date.

Sonoma County, California, United States of America
    Local Date
    05-29-2020
    Local Time
    10:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Jives
    Mabe I can even say I'm proud of my race now without being called a "Nazi"
    being proud that you share the same color skin with others seems...silly.

the concept of 'race' is so badly broken as to be essentially meaningless. race is an artificial construct, with no real biological basis.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lennox
    I truly don't see color
    You have the same view on things as I do!

Welcome to FG by the way!

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennox
    I don't really think things are screwed up due to the conservative bible beaters, but those individuals who are xenophobes. I'm a 26 year old African American male who just happens to be 6'2" and 265lbs. Needless to say I'm a bit intimidating to look. Since I was in middle school I've had to deal with being followed around stores, bags clutched when I get too close, and doors locked when I pass the cars. Being in Texas following Katrina, I've had to deal with more speculation and prejudiced people, all of which assuming that because I am from the New Orleans Metro area I have committed some type of crime or am uneducated. My parents grew up in rural Mississippi during the 50's and 60's (they weren't too far from where Emmett Till was killed). Though the racism that my parents endured and the hardships I've dealt with have been frustrating, I'd never put the same hatred onto another group just because it was placed on me. The problem with this country is not the conservative right, but the Xenophobes that are afraid of change. In no instance is being prejudiced acceptable. I just deal with what happens in my life, don't get too upset about what happens, and try to make sure that what happens to me doesn't happen to my kids.
    Were you an evacuee? Where were you? Feel free to send me a private message if you wish. Of course, feel free to stay on the subect as well, without me pulling you off the topic.

And welcome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2