Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The end is near

February_Stormz

The end is near

My Yorkie Tia is 11 years old. She has never really been good about pottying outside leaving accidents in the house periodically.

After my last divorce, she had to adapt to another dog that was my husbands. I noticed she started to piddle more in the house. I had thought it was her way of dealing with jealousy.

Then we moved to another house where she was introduced to four cats that were indoor/outdoor cats. She started to have accidents in the house more often. She had slept on the bed with us for years until she suddenly started to pee on the bed at night.

We put her outside the closed bed room door after that where she started to pee on a routine basis. She has gotten worse with pottying in the house to the point where I can't deal with it anymore.

Its not only urinating in the house, but now she is pooping in the house. Sometimes after I let her out, she will come in and poop in the house, sometimes on the leather couch! I am at my ends with her. I am starting to feel like I clean up after her more then I enjoy her company. Any advice or input?

I am buying some pee pads to place near the door that was recommended by friends. I truly don't want to put her down, but I am getting to that point. She is otherwise spunky and healthy.

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    12:28 AM

Re: The end is near

Lack of bladder control can be a sign of a health issue. How long since her last vet check and did you mention this to the Dr. when you took her?
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    11-11-2019
    Local Time
    11:28 PM

I agree with baby rider sounds like she is having bladder problems and she is getting old and just can't move fast enough when she has sudden urges and is now just used to going in the house. If you can take her out every couple of hours and make sure she uses the bathroom before you let her back in.

Hope I have helped.

Chickinpink09

Local Date
    11-12-2019
    Local Time
    03:28 PM

I'm very committed to my animals but I had a cat once that was just so much trouble that I had to have here put to sleep, she was the only animal I ever had that I couldn't deal with and I was sorry to have to do it but it relieved a lot of stress on me and just had to be done. It was her or me and since it was my house it wasn't going to be me.

It was good advice to have the dog checked first though as it could be a physical problem.

February_Stormz

Register to remove this ad.
    I have had her checked by a vet. Her bladder has weakened with age so I decided to buy some Pee Pads to place by the door. I have also looked into doggie diapers. Hopefully, if she has to go, she will use the pads.

The problem is, I let her out to go and she comes back in the house and pees on the floor!

Going potty in the house has always been a problem since I got her. She was never 100 percent trained even though I did everything I could to properly train her. She has had her share of accidents from the beginning.

I think some of the problem is jealousy and competition for attention from my two cats. Yorkie's are a very jealous breed. I have heard that if you don't raise a Yorkie with another animal, they just won't accept it. They are a one owner animal unless they are raised with another pet.

For the last six months she has started to poop in the house which I just can't deal with. Especially when I let her out and she comes in and relieves herself on my floor or sometimes my couch!

I don't know if I can continue to clean up after her. Its starting to wear on me.

I love my dog very much and just can't bring myself to put her down. She has been a part of my for a very long time.

+ Reply to Thread