Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    10:20 AM

Re: Death Row

Quote Originally Posted by awood38
    Associated Press
    Oct. 6, 2005

HUNTSVILLE — Convicted killer Ronald Ray Howard was executed today for fatally shooting a Texas state trooper, a slaying his trial attorneys argued was prompted by Howard listening to anti-police rap music.
    How do you feel, awood38?

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Peg
    I've got to say it. I'll probably get bashed but I HAVE to say it. This just drives me insane. I can understand why this would hit close to home for you LC, BUT no matter what his occupation, the person murdered is still dead. A garbage man's, doctor's, fast food worker's, bartender's, etc. life is no less valuable than a cop's. They are still dead and their families lives changed forever.
    i know we've touched on this before. i have no sympathy for any murderer. and i know a bunch of them. who the victim is/was is of no consequence if they are murdered. they were a person, a human. but yes, i do have a particular heartache for police and fire who are gunned down on the front lines, they are trying to save/protect the lives of the public.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    09:20 AM

I watched a programme on tv recently other brits may have caught it. It was about women who marry, are in love with, write too and start relationships with men on death row!!!!
    I mean HELLO what you think he's the kind of man to take home to meet your mother, he can't leave the jail you dimwit...

They spend thousands on flying back and forth one poor woman bought him... and b herself engagement rings about 20 yrs age difference (she was older) and no offence she was no Mona Lisa...

When she went to visit again with the rings in tow he wouldnt see her... She was saying to the people filming it, l dont think he is writing to other women and seeing them also... Duh as if love wake up and smell the coffee..

they want money and someone to whilke away the time with until justice is served and they go on the last long walk!

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    05:20 AM

I know I am going to get blasted for saying this but I think I can kind of understand some difference between this Ford fellow and the Ray Howard guy, just a different perspective for you to chew on. Ford, it seems, was a repeat killer and rapist, and I havent heard anything about him in jail which only leads me to believe that he is just hanging out, lifting weights, eating fried chicken, whatever, while this Ray Howard guy, killed once (Im not minimizing it, its still murder, just making a small point so just hear me out) and then went on to do something to give back like reaching out to these kids in the projects or where ever. Im not a good writer so I hope this point is taken how I mean it.

Also, Im not so sure that I believe in the death penalty. Someyimes I do, and for others I dont think its th right consequence. I mean, when those Snipers were out up here, I was terrified. Everyone was. I walkd my dog with an old Army helmet on, and I think the older guy should be sentenced to death. And let me add, fortunatley, I have not had to face such a tragedy in my family, so who knows, maybe one day I will change my mind about the death penalty entirely. Just my thoughts....

My heart goes out to you AWOOD. Im really sorry. You are in my prayers. But LC is right, these guys dont need letters from us. They need to sit there alone and reflect on the horrible thing(s) they have done.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    04:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DesignerGal
    [...]Ford, it seems, was a repeat killer and rapist, and I havent heard anything about him in jail which only leads me to believe that he is just hanging out, lifting weights, eating fried chicken, whatever, while this Ray Howard guy, killed once (Im not minimizing it, its still murder, just making a small point so just hear me out) and then went on to do something to give back like reaching out to these kids in the projects or where ever. Im not a good writer so I hope this point is taken how I mean it.[...]
    It's good that he does what he can while he's on death row. Don't you agree that one of the best things he can do for those kids he's trying to help is to take his just punishment like a man?

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    05:20 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Accountable
    It's good that he does what he can while he's on death row. Don't you agree that one of the best things he can do for those kids he's trying to help is to take his just punishment like a man?
    I guess. I just wanted to make the point that I believe there is no black and white. There are shades of gray. Mr Howard is still a murderer and if Texas thinks that he deserves to die for what he's done, then yes, he should take it like a man. But I did want to point out the difference is that he attempted to do something constructive (according to some) while Mr Ford killed repeatedly and is now just living off of our tax dollars until it's "lights out" for him too.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    01:20 AM

My heart goes out to you AWOOD. Im really sorry. You are in my prayers. But LC is right, these guys dont need letters from us. They need to sit there alone and reflect on the horrible thing(s) they have done.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, that was my thoughts also.

Local Date
    06-05-2020
    Local Time
    10:20 AM

Register to remove this ad.
    Personally I am against the Death Penalty, to me it seems to be a long drawn out affair in the USA where the condemned can stretch the appeals system for many years and does seem a little cruel after the that leangth of time.
    When we had the death penalty in the UK it was done after 3 clear Sundays after the sentence was passed or after the appeal,there were too many innocents sent to the gallows that is why I am against it but I do wish we had the same life sentence in the UK as you do in the states where life means life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7