+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Member Hello

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time
    11:24 PM

New Member Hello

I wondered if I should "create" a persona that would be more appealing than its original. I have decided to play it "straight" and tell the truth. I am a sixty-two year old man. I am divorced and have three grown children and seven grandchildren. I continue to work as a hairdresser. I have traveled to many places all over the world and hope to do a lot more. My passions are for the arts. I attend a great deal of theater, classical concerts, poetry readings, book discussions, and dance. I love ethnic food. The last few years I have developed a huge taste for Vietnamese, Thai, and Cambodian cuisine. I am bisexual and I am still confused over which gender I am most comfortable with. The last few years I have lived as an "out" gay man, but still find myself at very confusing times sexually attracted to women. My life is rich and filled with contentment. The "missing " piece is a committed relationship with someone that I love.

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:24 AM

Re: New Member Hello

Welcome to FG Jim. Wow...what an introduction. So many interests and so well travelled. You'll have a great time here having fun and joining in with the discussions.

A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:24 AM

Hello Jim........
    Welcome to the garden
    "If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."

ArnoldLayne

Quote Originally Posted by jimsaysletitgo
    I wondered if I should "create" a persona that would be more appealing than its original. I have decided to play it "straight" and tell the truth. I am a sixty-two year old man. I am divorced and have three grown children and seven grandchildren. I continue to work as a hairdresser. I have traveled to many places all over the world and hope to do a lot more. My passions are for the arts. I attend a great deal of theater, classical concerts, poetry readings, book discussions, and dance. I love ethnic food. The last few years I have developed a huge taste for Vietnamese, Thai, and Cambodian cuisine. I am bisexual and I am still confused over which gender I am most comfortable with. The last few years I have lived as an "out" gay man, but still find myself at very confusing times sexually attracted to women. My life is rich and filled with contentment. The "missing " piece is a committed relationship with someone that I love.
    Welcome Jim.

You have many interesting aspects in your life to discuss and many interests to share. This may be just the place. Given your sexuallity, may I be so presumptuos to say, THAT subject wont get you an easy ride . Then , I doubt you would have expected that.

Its always best to be straight and forget about forming some persona , especially if you are here for any length of time. It wouldnt be long before the real Jim showed and that just causes distrust. Visit often and post often, this place has many members of great intellect and interest and of varying backgrounds and beliefs. Thats what makes me stay.

Couldnt stand it if we all agreed all of the time. Dull !

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    08:24 AM

Hello and Welcome to the Garden

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    08:24 AM

Hiya Jim, good intro.
    Welcome to the Garden x

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    07:24 AM

Hello Jim. Welcome to FG and enjoy posting
    Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Local Date
    08-21-2019
    Local Time
    02:24 AM

Jim! Always glad to meet unique people. I really could've used you back in one of my Psych classes in college when I claimed that homo/herterosexuality was not a switch that's flipped at birth, but rather a continuum of preference just as we all differ in preference for age, height, different personality traits, etc. I had to go to lost & found to recover my scalp after that one.

What country/area are you from?

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

I don't think that I could have been much help to you in your theory on sexuality in your Psychology class. I believe the culture suppressed my natural born desires for men. It wasn't until I was in my forties that I confronted desires that were always there. Once I had accepted what I thought was my "homosexuality" I was astonished to find that occasionally I would be attracted to a woman. The idea of bisexuality was foreign to me. I am not talking about the obvious "turn ons" that our culture suggests. I am talking about a "chemistry" that transcends the traditional "breast size, eye color, weight, hair, etc. When I talk to my" gay" friends they do not experience this attraction for the opposite sex. The same way that my "straight" friends don't experience "same sex" attraction. Truthfully, I wish I were 100% one way or the other. But I am not. Is this a choice? No! It just is!

Local Date
    08-20-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    I forgot to mention that I am from the United States and live in Ohio.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast