Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog tales

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    03:08 PM

Dog tales

I’m thinking we need to be telling dog stories. Just about everyone I know has at least one to tell. I’ll go first.

We came home from town to find that the Sheriff’s department had arrested two escaped convicts in our pasture. The whole story insured our Springer Spaniel, Patsy, a long life (15 years) with the best food we could buy her.

When we left that day, we left her and our 16 year old daughter at home. Our daughter was reading in the living room where the sun shown in to give her good light. While she was doing that two escaped felons wrecked their escape vehicle on the highway as short distance away. They ran and hid next to the house just below the window where our daughter was reading. What may have happened if Patsy hadn’t been upset with their presence is something I don’t like to think about. Patsy flushed them out like a couple of pheasants and drove them out into the open. By then the deputies had arrived and arrested them both.
    Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Local Date
    05-31-2020
    Local Time
    08:08 AM

Re: Dog tales

Thats great, what a good dog

I have three dogs but no great stories to tell I am sure that they would protect me if need be, two are black labs that get each other going, the other is a Beagle that can be protective.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    05:08 PM

Well my doggy gir wont live up to the patsy story cuz he was dropped on his head like 500,000 times as a puppy, and ill tell you how i know that:

well we(my brother and sister and i) went to a pet store to get the doggy a new collar i decided to get him a choke collar(like i said before he is stupid and needs help with training).when we got home we found out it was to big for him so we broke it down so it would fit better we thought we had it right but later that night he got the "ring" part of the collar by some horrible nightmare stuck around his lower jaw while the collar was still on!!!!__????__ I dont know how in hades he got this ring stuck. It was IMPOSSIBLE to just slide off. so how it got on there is beyond me! needless to say i was surprised!! we could not get it off cuz it was stuck BEHIND his canines wecoulnt get it off no matter how hard we tried(not verry hard becayse every time i tugged on it he screamed a scream of bloody murder, hard to get a dog to do, but he did). so we went down to the wally mart and got us a pair of wire cutters AND WE CUT HIS JAW OFF!!!!!(jk, but the thought did cross my mind ) so we cut the collar from around his neck so he would stop squirming,then we had the task of cutting the ring off his jaw. by this point he was pretty scared to say the least so he wouldnt stop pulling away from the cutters. we finally calmed him down SOME thats when my lil bro got the cutters in place and cut that fkn ring off!! YAY!!!!!

Morale of the story: PRAY you never have an emergenty involving a dog, a dire need for wirecutters and a trip to wal mart at 2 am!
    ~~~~~
    Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by TenneseeGirl
    Well my doggy gir wont live up to the patsy story cuz he was dropped on his head like 500,000 times as a puppy, and ill tell you how i know that:

well we(my brother and sister and i) went to a pet store to get the doggy a new collar i decided to get him a choke collar(like i said before he is stupid and needs help with training).when we got home we found out it was to big for him so we broke it down so it would fit better we thought we had it right but later that night he got the "ring" part of the collar by some horrible nightmare stuck around his lower jaw while the collar was still on!!!!__????__ I dont know how in hades he got this ring stuck. It was IMPOSSIBLE to just slide off. so how it got on there is beyond me! needless to say i was surprised!! we could not get it off cuz it was stuck BEHIND his canines wecoulnt get it off no matter how hard we tried(not verry hard becayse every time i tugged on it he screamed a scream of bloody murder, hard to get a dog to do, but he did). so we went down to the wally mart and got us a pair of wire cutters AND WE CUT HIS JAW OFF!!!!!(jk, but the thought did cross my mind ) so we cut the collar from around his neck so he would stop squirming,then we had the task of cutting the ring off his jaw. by this point he was pretty scared to say the least so he wouldnt stop pulling away from the cutters. we finally calmed him down SOME thats when my lil bro got the cutters in place and cut that fkn ring off!! YAY!!!!!

Morale of the story: PRAY you never have an emergenty involving a dog, a dire need for wirecutters and a trip to wal mart at 2 am!
    That's not funny and it isn't the first time its happened. Isn't it frustrating when they don't understand you are trying to help?
    Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    That's not funny and it isn't the first time its happened. Isn't it frustrating when they don't understand you are trying to help?

happen to you too??? LOL i know it isnt funny, but in hindsight all i can do is giggle at the antics of my brain dead doggy
    ~~~~~
    Just some food for thought. Swallow it or not that's up to you.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

Clint, I love this idea, and I have SO many stories I could tell from my days in the clinic! But, I'll start with one from one of my own dogs:

I had a golden retreiver named Jesse when my son was born. My routine, when coming home from work in the afternoons was to bring in my son, (usually asleep) bring in my things, then let the dogs in.
    One day I pulled up in my driveway and instead of going to the house first, I went to the pen and let my dogs in first. To this day I have no idea why I did it in that order, when I never had before.
    I went back to the car to bring in my son and when I came 'round the back of the car to go up the front walk, there in my bushes, between me and my door, was a neighborhood chow that was allowed to run loose and not very nice. I thought I could quietly walk past him as he was busy snuffling around in the bushes. As soon as I took a step, though, he wheeled around on me, head went down, hackles went up, lip curled and snarled. I wasn't really concerned because I had been handling nasty dogs for a while, but I had my son in my arms and obviously couldn't put him down to get control of the dog.
    I was standing there thinking how I would wait till the dog came close to me then I'd kick it in the head as hard as I could with my boot, when the screen door flew OFF it's hinges and a gold blur flew off the porch. My golden had come through the screen door, jumped off the porch and tackled the chow. I'd never seen Jesse be aggressive at all, but when he sensed a threat to his family, that was all it took. He sent the chow on his way, limping, yelping and bleeding.
    It was like something out of a movie. It took all of 6 or 7 seconds and I just stood there, jaw dropped and watched, frozen. It was pretty darn cool. That chow avoided our yard after that day!
    I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
    ~Darrel Worley~

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time

I used to like to fish the Kimmer Reservoir in Wyoming. We had a cross between a Maltese and a Poodle we called Tomidachi (sp) that I took fishing with me. I thought the thing was fun but not worth much else. I had caught several trout about 10” long. I was catching them pretty fast so I laid them on the bank behind me planning to clean them when they quit biting so fast.

I heard Tomidachi growling and snarling behind me. I turned around to see what was going on. Someone was walking toward me and she was standing over the fish clearly protecting my catch. I was proud of her but it was hilarious.

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    02:08 PM

I'll tell Tamsen's first, it's one of many really she is such a good protective
    girl, but anyway... I was walking with Tamsen down a hard-packed dirt
    road, with a drop off on one side. (She was maybe a year and a half old)
    There was a man coming towards us. The hard packed dirt had that loose
    kinda fine gravel on top and I sorta slid sideways and fell on my side. Hurt
    my pride really more than anything else but this guy keeps right on walking
    and I'm thinkin' "Wow, nice guy, don't even ask if I'm okay"... and then
    when he got maybe 50 yards or so past me, he FINALLY turns around to
    ask if I'm okay. I wondered why until I realize, here is this 70 pound
    german shepherd with a paw on each side of me, looking down at the
    momma, up at the man, down at the momma, like, hey, buddy, don't
    come near her my momma is in a compromised position! My baby was
    guarding me!! I tell ya, I was fit to burst I was so proud of my girl!!

The other one I'll tell is about my dad's yellow lab Rowdy, may he rest in
    peace. My sis and her police officer husband had left their 130-150 or
    so pound rottie with my parents while they went on vacation, because
    my dad "knows" dogs. The rottie was a working Stockton police K-9
    officer, no less.

My brother and I happened up for a visit at that time and when we got
    there, my mom comes running out of the house and says "Rowdy saved
    your father's life". Me, I'm kind pooh-poohing it thinking mom is doing
    one of her classic exaggerations. Until later, when I saw my dad's totally
    black and blue, swollen arm. Apparently, he had been feeding the rottie
    in the tack room when he went nuts for some reason and attacked my dad.
    My dad threw up his arm to protect his throat, Rowdy heard
    the commotion, ran in and with no fear used his approx. 65 pound body
    to pull the rottie off my father! For a lab to do that... well, that was
    love in the purest form ever. What a good boy!

Tamsen's Dogster Page
    http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Local Date
    05-30-2020
    Local Time
    07:08 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Our toy poodle, Jacques, could read our minds, I will always believe it...our youngest son, wife and their son and daughter came for a visit on the week end... my husband and I owned a restaurant so on Sunday a.m. I asked our son to check the house for things the children may have forgotten and then come to the restaurant and drop off the house key and have breakfast.and then we left for work..when our son showed up at the restaurant he was shaking his head...he said he was in the car ready to leave when he thought he ought to go back in the house and check once more for forgotten things the kids had left...looked around and couldn't find anything and opened the front door to leave and Jacques came up to him and laid our granddaughters purse on his foot....no way that dog could have known what to bring...always amazed me at some of his antics....my son said it was "weird". ha.
    Preach the gospel at all times and if necessary use words.. .a thought home.

+ Reply to Thread