Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Men Only

Far Rider

Re: Men Only

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotawoman
    FAR RIDER:
    you hit the nail on the head....I do not see any difference between the two. Simply because as a marraige or any relationship progresses through time people change and their feeling do as well. The hot, steamy newness wear off and the 'in love' turns to a deeper affection, goes to a higher level, if you will. Everyone knows that the initial jolt is breathtaking, and there is nothing that the other person could possibly do that would upset you (bad breath, chewing with the mouth open, snoring, nail biting, etc) as a matter of fact they are looked at as sooooo adorable. Then after awhile those little things become annoying and not as adorable. To me love is when you and your partner are comfortable with each other, and the little things (although not so cute anymore) are looked at as part of who they are, and accepted. The love deepens and grows with time. The 'in love' feeling (butterflies, nervousness, jittery, loss for words) is no longer present. What say ye?
    What I see in what you posted is "Love in development" it's a life long process, and adventure in frustraton at times and then it has all those small exciting times too, that include the warm fuzzies and stuff like that. I remember the deep level of love I already had for my wife kick up a notch when our first son was born! I almost lost her that day, she almost died! I'd have gone nuts for sure. In the wake of that day was an intense new desire to be her husband!

It was like "wow! look what you made" the warn fuzzies came out... and I loved her more and deeply.

OK... now I have to tell you im a very unemotional guy. I dont show these things on the outside.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    05:19 AM

It's the difference between loving your girlfriend/ boyfriend and loving your Mum.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    02:19 PM

love is constant, being in love is not, but I do not believe that being in love is only in the first part of a relationship.. it comes and goes, you can still fall in love with your wife over and over again, even after 20 yrs of marriage or so. but love is the everlasting basis that you build your relationship up on.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    06:19 AM

Thank you Light, here is some food for thought.

No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE.
    No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK.
    And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE.

My husband made his CHOICE to fall out of love after 20 years, my heart is still broken and will remain as so.

Local Date
    11-14-2019
    Local Time
    02:19 PM

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotawoman
    Thank you Light, here is some food for thought.

No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE.
    No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK.
    And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE.

My husband made his CHOICE to fall out of love after 20 years, my heart is still broken and will remain as so.
    sounds like a very unlucky choice of yrs from my side, of course it is very sad, I was just making an example, and yes it can happen that you fall in love again, but indeed it can also happen that your love choses different.

I don't believe your heart will be broken for ever, well it can be, but that would also be by choice... sorry if it may sound harsh but I know by own experience that it is true, well for me it has proven to be tue. allow yourself some time... I am sorry that it was a painful confrontation for you to read this, though I could not know that...

I wish your heart a quick recovery... Best of luck with that...

about your food for thoughts...

No one falls in love by choice, it is by CHANCE. ( I think it is partly by choice, you choose who you let yourself get involved with and who not)

No one stays in love by chance, it is by WORK. (I agree)

And no one falls out of love by chance, it is by CHOICE. (I disagree, sometimes things may happen which makes it impossible to keep loving your partner)

Good luck...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2