----

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    11:32 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Man, 4% black

This is great, really.

A DNA test said a man was 4% black. Now he wants to qualify as a minority business owner.

When Ralph Taylor was born in Sacramento in 1963, his birth certificate indicated that he and his parents were Caucasian. But, like many white Americans, he grew up hearing vague family lore about long-distant Native American ancestry.

“I’ve always known that I’m multiracial,” Taylor, 55, told The Washington Post.

In 2010, Taylor took an AncestryByDNA test, he said, “just to confirm what we’d already known.” The results said that he was 90 percent European and 6 percent indigenous American, as well as 4 percent sub-Saharan African.

“I’m a certified black man,” he told The Post. “I’m certified black in all 50 states. But the federal government doesn’t recognize me.”

After he was rejected from a program for minority business owners that would have given him an advantage when competing for lucrative government contracts, Taylor sued. His case, which raises complicated questions about how race is defined, is pending before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

Of course, his appeal won't work as race benefits is a political shell game.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

is jellyfish

I am:
    Awesome

Local Date
    11-20-2018
    Local Time
    04:32 AM

Re: Man, 4% black

“I’m a certified black man,” he told The Post. “I’m certified black in all 50 states. that's what happens when you make "black" ..'a thing!' ....good luck to him .

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    05:32 PM
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

As a north european I am possibly 1-4% neanderthal - does that mean I am extinct?

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    12:32 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    As a north european I am possibly 1-4% neanderthal - does that mean I am extinct?
    Haha! Good one!

Well, you are special, but I'd never want you to become extinct. Onward Neanderthal DNA!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    11:32 AM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    More importantly, does it give you preference to government job contracts? And if it does, why?

Seems it would be up to the government to decide the status of your possible existence.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    12:32 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    From the SBA regarding minority owned business:
    "Minority Owned Business Eligibility

Some minority groups are presumed to be socially and economically disadvantaged and can qualify for the 8(a) program. These groups include: African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, Alaska Native Corporations, Indian Tribes, Native Hawaiian Organizations and Community Development Corporations, Asian Pacific Americans and Subcontinent Asian Americans. Individuals who are not members of one or more of these groups can be considered for the 8(a) program, but they must provide substantial evidence and documentation that demonstrates that they have been subjected to bias or discrimination and are economically disadvantaged."

Being "Black" is not a qualification.

He probably would have a better shot at being "Native American" but not likely. Most tribes require proof of 25% native blood line.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread