Crazy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    06:29 AM
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

Re: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    You don't think there was any kind of set up? Ford wanted it to be confidential, they sat on it for almost two months then leaked it at the eleventh hour to stall the vote. The four witnesses Ford named all came out and said it didn't happen as far as they knew, It happened over 36 years ago, he has been through 6 F.B.I. investigations already just to get to where he is. Have you heard of any actual evidence? Do we live in a country that you are innocent until proven guilty?

I totally understand his "tantrum" if he is innocent. What is he supposed to do if this is just a setup, just continue to let it ruin his reputation? I don't care if he drank a lot of beer in highschool and college, what has he done the last 25 years? Is it really important that he played drinking games and had a nickname for farts in highschool?
    As you can see, I said "IF" this is a setup. Only the two of them know for sure.

But for one, how come this wasn't brought up til last week not July 6th when DiFi was made aware of the allegation? If brought to light at that time there would have been ample time for a F.B.I. investigation.

Why wasn't this discovered on the first 6 F.B.I. investigations of BK?

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    05:29 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

You don't think there was any kind of set up? Ford wanted it to be confidential, they sat on it for almost two months then leaked it at the eleventh hour to stall the vote. The four witnesses Ford named all came out and said it didn't happen as far as they knew, It happened over 36 years ago, he has been through 6 F.B.I. investigations already just to get to where he is. Have you heard of any actual evidence? Do we live in a country that you are innocent until proven guilty?

I totally understand his "tantrum" if he is innocent. What is he supposed to do if this is just a setup, just continue to let it ruin his reputation? I don't care if he drank a lot of beer in highschool and college, what has he done the last 25 years? Is it really important that he played drinking games and had a nickname for farts in highschool?
    No, I do not buy the setup. He and a bunch of his buddies probably did exactly what they are accused of, and got away with it because the girls didn't want to get caught up in all the trouble that reporting it would have caused them. (They were probably not supposed to be at those parties, either, ya know.)
    And guys get away with that stuff all the time. I saw some stuff like that back in college days, and remember how the Frat boys behaved. I did my share of stupid stuff in high school and college, too. Nothing quite that far, but there are some things I'd probably not want to get out if I was running for office or standing for a Judgeship.

And that tantrum was over the top for a man who would be part of the highest court in the land.

BTW, Here is an interesting read:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...don-ncna907391
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    07:29 AM
    Gifts Kitten

As you can see, I said "IF" this is a setup. Only the two of them know for sure.

But for one, how come this wasn't brought up til last week not July 6th when DiFi was made aware of the allegation? If brought to light at that time there would have been ample time for a F.B.I. investigation.

Why wasn't this discovered on the first 6 F.B.I. investigations of BK?
    Even using "if", surely you can explain what the setup is, even if you yourself are skeptical of it.

Let's start here:

Are Ford and her accusations part of the setup? Meaning she either made this up on her own or is a patsy, but either way, it didn't happen?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    No, I do not buy the setup. He and a bunch of his buddies probably did exactly what they are accused of, and got away with it because the girls didn't want to get caught up in all the trouble that reporting it would have caused them. (They were probably not supposed to be at those parties, either, ya know.)
    And guys get away with that stuff all the time. I saw some stuff like that back in college days, and remember how the Frat boys behaved. I did my share of stupid stuff in high school and college, too. Nothing quite that far, but there are some things I'd probably not want to get out if I was running for office or standing for a Judgeship.

And that tantrum was over the top for a man who would be part of the highest court in the land.

BTW, Here is an interesting read:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...don-ncna907391
    So, accusations is all that is needed? No evidence or corroboration needed?

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Even using "if", surely you can explain what the setup is, even if you yourself are skeptical of it.

Let's start here:

Are Ford and her accusations part of the setup? Meaning she either made this up on her own or is a patsy, but either way, it didn't happen?
    I have no idea if Ford is part of anything. The timing would be the set up.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    04:29 AM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

I don't feel this is a "set up". I do question the timing with Ford coming forward.

Patsy

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

I have no idea if Ford is part of anything. The timing would be the set up.
    Why then would the timing matter?

Both sides are undoubtedly playing politics to some degree. The Republicans want to rush the nomination and Dems want to delay it. The question is; why does any of that matter to anyone who is impartial? Buying into either sides tactics is the trap. Both are in effect "setups". That's why whether or not Ford is part of Dems conspiracy is important. The Dems entire game falls apart without Ford.
    Voltaire

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Why then would the timing matter?

Both sides are undoubtedly playing politics to some degree. The Republicans want to rush the nomination and Dems want to delay it. The question is; why does any of that matter to anyone who is impartial? Buying into either sides tactics is the trap. Both are in effect "setups". That's why whether or not Ford is part of Dems conspiracy is important. The Dems entire game falls apart without Ford.
    I agree it's a sh!t show. I suppose we will have to wait for the FBI report. The problem is., both of their lives have probably been damaged from this and the politicos could care less

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time

I agree it's a sh!t show. I suppose we will have to wait for the FBI report. The problem is., both of their lives have probably been damaged from this and the politicos could care less
    OH, and the timing matters because there are cases coming up that they (Dems) don't want to have a lopsided court.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    OH, and the timing matters because there are cases coming up that they (Dems) don't want to have a lopsided court.
    Neither side wants a lopsided court. I don't want a lopsided court either. I'd prefer a SCOTUS with jurists that are legal scholars who are objective and impartial, all. Listening to BK, I'm not seeing that.
    Voltaire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast