Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 124

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

  1. #71
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,236
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Points
    39,539
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    And.....that is why we need tough federal laws to supersede, ensuring the civil rights of every inhabitant no matter where within our borders they reside.
    Strange that there are people who would claim the government is being oppressive when it tries to ensure equal rights for everybody.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

  2. #72
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,833
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Points
    17,894
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    You are not complaining about the 1st Amendment, are you? You sure don't complain about the 2nd.
    No complaints here.

    Crowding the door to me just looked childish. Brought back images of the 60's taking over the deans office at Berkely. Other than that it looked like people peaceably assembled.

    Doesn't mean I have to be impressed with their message.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

  3. #73
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,833
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Points
    17,894
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I do not see how Trump, or ANY of his cronies can be considered "True Conservatives"
    First of all, I never ever called Trump a conservative.

    I don't see how just because Trump appointed conservative Cavanah to the USSP makes him a "crony."
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

  4. #74
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,236
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Points
    39,539
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    First of all, I never ever called Trump a conservative.

    I don't see how just because Trump appointed conservative Cavanah to the USSP makes him a "crony."
    You don't think Trump picked Kavanaugh as a result of his own deep inspection of the the guy's credentials, do you?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

  5. #75
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,616
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Points
    30,532
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    No complaints here.

    Crowding the door to me just looked childish. Brought back images of the 60's taking over the deans office at Berkely. Other than that it looked like people peaceably assembled.

    Doesn't mean I have to be impressed with their message.
    Brooks Brothers riots anyone?


    Mob Scene In Miami - TIME

    I tend to believe this is like wasting Remi Martin on an alcoholic.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

  6. #76
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,495
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Points
    6,181
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    I don't find this interesting at all. I find this time to be disgusting, repellent, nasty, and reminiscent of passages straight from the novel 1984:

    "The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge-hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic."

    Accurate description of a Trump rally. Lock them up.
    No disrespect intended but this is how I've perceived the Democratic protests of late. Hate filled and frantic. It amazes me how two people can see the same thing and perceive them completely different.

    I'm not a Trump apologist by any stretch of the imagination but in these hearings all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,616
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Points
    30,532
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.
    Why did they wait for Kavanaugh and not do this to Gorsuch? It would have made more sense sabotaging the Gorsuch nomination since it had been closer to the time when Republicans deprived Obama from making the pick.

    The timing of the nomination could have been more flexible. Why not do that so to wipe any idea of impropriety off the record? It serves the republican party more to do that. They had all the time in the world to go through this process. They'll not admit that, but it's true. Their reasoning for setting the time in stone was, ironically enough, to give themselves more time to come up with a new nominee if Kavanaugh had not been able to be confirmed if they needed to.

    Another issue is that Ford knew who Kavanaugh's circle of friends were, even giving Kavanaugh his out by putting Judge in the room. Had this been a setup I don't think Ford would have been able to know these people unless it was fed to her. And that I find completely nonsensical given everything we do know as fact.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

  8. #78
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,833
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Points
    17,894
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    You don't think Trump picked Kavanaugh as a result of his own deep inspection of the the guy's credentials, do you?
    I wonder how much any president does his own deep inspection, whatever that means?

    Much has been made of his list of 25. I compliment the president for being open and realizing it would help him on his campaign.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

    Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

  9. #79
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,495
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Points
    6,181
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Why did they wait for Kavanaugh and not do this to Gorsuch? It would have made more sense sabotaging the Gorsuch nomination since it had been closer to the time when Republicans deprived Obama from making the pick.

    The timing of the nomination could have been more flexible. Why not do that so to wipe any idea of impropriety off the record? It serves the republican party more to do that. They had all the time in the world to go through this process. They'll not admit that, but it's true. Their reasoning for setting the time in stone was, ironically enough, to give themselves more time to come up with a new nominee if Kavanaugh had not been able to be confirmed if they needed to.

    Another issue is that Ford knew who Kavanaugh's circle of friends were, even giving Kavanaugh his out by putting Judge in the room. Had this been a setup I don't think Ford would have been able to know these people unless it was fed to her. And that I find completely nonsensical given everything we do know as fact.
    I'm sick of all the partisan politics, that's one reason Trump got elected he wasn't really tied to either one even though he ran as republican. They even battled him at the start. People are sick of the career politicians that go into to office, get rich, then just do what they have to do to get re elected and continue to get richer without caring about Joe American.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,616
    Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Points
    30,532
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I'm sick of all the partisan politics
    Me too. I think they count on us to feel that way.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2