Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    04:24 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    And.....that is why we need tough federal laws to supersede, ensuring the civil rights of every inhabitant no matter where within our borders they reside.
    Strange that there are people who would claim the government is being oppressive when it tries to ensure equal rights for everybody.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    03:24 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

You are not complaining about the 1st Amendment, are you? You sure don't complain about the 2nd.
    No complaints here.

Crowding the door to me just looked childish. Brought back images of the 60's taking over the deans office at Berkely. Other than that it looked like people peaceably assembled.

Doesn't mean I have to be impressed with their message.
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Elim Garak: The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    I do not see how Trump, or ANY of his cronies can be considered "True Conservatives"
    First of all, I never ever called Trump a conservative.

I don't see how just because Trump appointed conservative Cavanah to the USSP makes him a "crony."
    "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money." - Senator Everett Dirksen

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    First of all, I never ever called Trump a conservative.

I don't see how just because Trump appointed conservative Cavanah to the USSP makes him a "crony."
    You don't think Trump picked Kavanaugh as a result of his own deep inspection of the the guy's credentials, do you?
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so." - Will Rogers

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    No complaints here.

Crowding the door to me just looked childish. Brought back images of the 60's taking over the deans office at Berkely. Other than that it looked like people peaceably assembled.

Doesn't mean I have to be impressed with their message.
    Brooks Brothers riots anyone?

Mob Scene In Miami - TIME

I tend to believe this is like wasting Remi Martin on an alcoholic.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

I don't find this interesting at all. I find this time to be disgusting, repellent, nasty, and reminiscent of passages straight from the novel 1984:

"The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in. Within thirty seconds any pretence was always unnecessary. A hideous ecstasy of fear and vindictiveness, a desire to kill, to torture, to smash faces in with a sledge-hammer, seemed to flow through the whole group of people like an electric current, turning one even against one's will into a grimacing, screaming lunatic."

Accurate description of a Trump rally. Lock them up.
    No disrespect intended but this is how I've perceived the Democratic protests of late. Hate filled and frantic. It amazes me how two people can see the same thing and perceive them completely different.

I'm not a Trump apologist by any stretch of the imagination but in these hearings all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.
    Why did they wait for Kavanaugh and not do this to Gorsuch? It would have made more sense sabotaging the Gorsuch nomination since it had been closer to the time when Republicans deprived Obama from making the pick.

The timing of the nomination could have been more flexible. Why not do that so to wipe any idea of impropriety off the record? It serves the republican party more to do that. They had all the time in the world to go through this process. They'll not admit that, but it's true. Their reasoning for setting the time in stone was, ironically enough, to give themselves more time to come up with a new nominee if Kavanaugh had not been able to be confirmed if they needed to.

Another issue is that Ford knew who Kavanaugh's circle of friends were, even giving Kavanaugh his out by putting Judge in the room. Had this been a setup I don't think Ford would have been able to know these people unless it was fed to her. And that I find completely nonsensical given everything we do know as fact.
    Voltaire

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    You don't think Trump picked Kavanaugh as a result of his own deep inspection of the the guy's credentials, do you?
    I wonder how much any president does his own deep inspection, whatever that means?

Much has been made of his list of 25. I compliment the president for being open and realizing it would help him on his campaign.

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Why did they wait for Kavanaugh and not do this to Gorsuch? It would have made more sense sabotaging the Gorsuch nomination since it had been closer to the time when Republicans deprived Obama from making the pick.

The timing of the nomination could have been more flexible. Why not do that so to wipe any idea of impropriety off the record? It serves the republican party more to do that. They had all the time in the world to go through this process. They'll not admit that, but it's true. Their reasoning for setting the time in stone was, ironically enough, to give themselves more time to come up with a new nominee if Kavanaugh had not been able to be confirmed if they needed to.

Another issue is that Ford knew who Kavanaugh's circle of friends were, even giving Kavanaugh his out by putting Judge in the room. Had this been a setup I don't think Ford would have been able to know these people unless it was fed to her. And that I find completely nonsensical given everything we do know as fact.
    I'm sick of all the partisan politics, that's one reason Trump got elected he wasn't really tied to either one even though he ran as republican. They even battled him at the start. People are sick of the career politicians that go into to office, get rich, then just do what they have to do to get re elected and continue to get richer without caring about Joe American.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    12-14-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    I'm sick of all the partisan politics
    Me too. I think they count on us to feel that way.
    Voltaire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast