Shy

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    07:46 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Re: Brett Kavanaugh

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    1. No disrespect intended but this is how I've perceived the Democratic protests of late. Hate filled and frantic. It amazes me how two people can see the same thing and perceive them completely different.

2. I'm not a Trump apologist by any stretch of the imagination but in these hearings all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.
    1. Funny, not ha ha funny, but I see disrespect in your post. Calm, but possibly hate filled and frantic. I guess we perceive things completely different.

2. Subterfuge, possibly ALL fabricated. So, Ford made up her story? Or lived with it throughout her life, not to mention the pain SHE had to bear. For a man whose reputation was ruined, for a man whose career was destroyed he sure was richly rewarded.

What about the pain his prior decisions may have cost Joe or Joan American? What about the pain his future decisions may cost? I think your pity is sorely misplaced.

Hopefully, now that he is independent for a lifetime, he will surprise me. Hopefully, as in his sworn testimony he behaved like a jerk, which for me disqualified him no matter what happened to Ford.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    1. Funny, not ha ha funny, but I see disrespect in your post. Calm, but possibly hate filled and frantic. I guess we perceive things completely different.

2. Subterfuge, possibly ALL fabricated. So, Ford made up her story? Or lived with it throughout her life, not to mention the pain SHE had to bear. For a man whose reputation was ruined, for a man whose career was destroyed he sure was richly rewarded.

What about the pain his prior decisions may have cost Joe or Joan American? What about the pain his future decisions may cost? I think your pity is sorely misplaced.

Hopefully, now that he is independent for a lifetime, he will surprise me. Hopefully, as in his sworn testimony he behaved like a jerk, which for me disqualified him no matter what happened to Ford.
    Ya gotta take a breath, relax.

I read YZGI and am envious of his calm reason comments.

Why not just admit it, Democrats can't depend on the USSC to be a legislative arm of
    for the Dems.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Ya gotta take a breath, relax.

I read YZGI and am envious of his calm reason comments.

Why not just admit it, Democrats can't depend on the USSC to be a legislative arm of
    for the Dems.
    USSC? I suppose, given the context, you mean United States Supreme Court and not the United States Sentencing Commission? Mmmm, maybe you do. However, assuming the former, yeah, learned that one in 2000, Bush v Gore.

Obviously, do not find YZGI's comments to be reasonable. In fact, I don't agree. I do agree with his statement that different people see things differently. "Different strokes for different folks," if you will.

I will never relax as long as ReThuglicans rule 4 important parts of government. No reasonable person with intelligence would do or is doing.

Chillax yourself, porky.

is poking the sun

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time

I noticed the last 9 ex-justices were all nominated by Republicans. That's a whole court.

Kavanaugh isn't anything new... It's the same game, different name.

The only thing new is that they had to abandon the 60 vote rule because he was such a poor choice.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

All Kavanaugh and Judge ever needed to do to close this whole issue out was volunteer for a polygraph. They never did.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    05:46 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    I noticed the last 9 ex-justices were all nominated by Republicans. That's a whole court.

Kavanaugh isn't anything new... It's the same game, different name.

The only thing new is that they had to abandon the 60 vote rule because he was such a poor choice.
    The super majority rule got tossed by the Dems a few year back. The Pubs are just taking advantage of the Dems' stupidity.

I hate it when that happens.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

is poking the sun

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The super majority rule got tossed by the Dems a few year back. The Pubs are just taking advantage of the Dems' stupidity.

I wasn't sure, so I just looked it up now. :-) It looks like the democrats used the option in some cases, but excluded Supreme Court. That was Mitch's idea. From Wikipedia:

"November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, but not for the Supreme Court[1]. In April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court and the nomination of Neil Gorsuch ending the debate[2]."

So, it looks like the last two justices barely got through by the skin of their teeth. And these people are supposed to represent the interests of the whole country?

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

USSC? I suppose, given the context, you mean United States Supreme Court and not the United States Sentencing Commission? Mmmm, maybe you do. However, assuming the former, yeah, learned that one in 2000, Bush v Gore.

Obviously, do not find YZGI's comments to be reasonable. In fact, I don't agree. I do agree with his statement that different people see things differently. "Different strokes for different folks," if you will.

I will never relax as long as ReThuglicans rule 4 important parts of government. No reasonable person with intelligence would do or is doing.

Chillax yourself, porky.
    Hmm, I see the two parties as different sides of the same coin fighting over who has the biggest half of the piece of candy. My philosophy in voting for the last 20 years or so has been to never vote for an incumbent, I don't care what party they are in. I think its stupid to keep voting them in just because they are of a certain party.Do you vote party line?

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

Really?

So, you know as a fact that this happened the way she said? There is no possibility of remembering it skewed?

Can you give me details of any decisions he has made that may have cost Joan pain?

I wonder how you may react if someone accused you of being a Rethuglican (your word), or any other possible untruth.

Premium Member
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post

Me too.

Somebody has to create a "Profiles in Courage" moment, step across the aisle to counter the hate and venom.

The thing is, everybody must give up something.

Thinking about that, really don't know what I would give up, but it would look different once I see the sausage being made.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast