Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 120

Thread: Brett Kavanaugh

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,480
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    07:46 PM
    Points
    27,225
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    1. No disrespect intended but this is how I've perceived the Democratic protests of late. Hate filled and frantic. It amazes me how two people can see the same thing and perceive them completely different.

    2. I'm not a Trump apologist by any stretch of the imagination but in these hearings all I saw was the Democrats pulling an eleventh hour partisan, hail mary, subterfuge. Possibly all fabricated, definitely without any real evidence. And they didn't care if it was true or not, all they cared about was getting BK disqualified even if they had to ruin his reputation and destroy his career. Not to mention the pain his family had to bear.
    1. Funny, not ha ha funny, but I see disrespect in your post. Calm, but possibly hate filled and frantic. I guess we perceive things completely different.

    2. Subterfuge, possibly ALL fabricated. So, Ford made up her story? Or lived with it throughout her life, not to mention the pain SHE had to bear. For a man whose reputation was ruined, for a man whose career was destroyed he sure was richly rewarded.

    What about the pain his prior decisions may have cost Joe or Joan American? What about the pain his future decisions may cost? I think your pity is sorely misplaced.

    Hopefully, now that he is independent for a lifetime, he will surprise me. Hopefully, as in his sworn testimony he behaved like a jerk, which for me disqualified him no matter what happened to Ford.

  2. #82
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,752
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    17,466
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    1. Funny, not ha ha funny, but I see disrespect in your post. Calm, but possibly hate filled and frantic. I guess we perceive things completely different.

    2. Subterfuge, possibly ALL fabricated. So, Ford made up her story? Or lived with it throughout her life, not to mention the pain SHE had to bear. For a man whose reputation was ruined, for a man whose career was destroyed he sure was richly rewarded.

    What about the pain his prior decisions may have cost Joe or Joan American? What about the pain his future decisions may cost? I think your pity is sorely misplaced.

    Hopefully, now that he is independent for a lifetime, he will surprise me. Hopefully, as in his sworn testimony he behaved like a jerk, which for me disqualified him no matter what happened to Ford.
    Ya gotta take a breath, relax.

    I read YZGI and am envious of his calm reason comments.

    Why not just admit it, Democrats can't depend on the USSC to be a legislative arm of
    for the Dems.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

    No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    is just trying to keep her head
     
    I am:
    Shy
     
    AnneBoleyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    6,480
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    07:46 PM
    Points
    27,225
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by tude dog View Post
    Ya gotta take a breath, relax.

    I read YZGI and am envious of his calm reason comments.

    Why not just admit it, Democrats can't depend on the USSC to be a legislative arm of
    for the Dems.
    USSC? I suppose, given the context, you mean United States Supreme Court and not the United States Sentencing Commission? Mmmm, maybe you do. However, assuming the former, yeah, learned that one in 2000, Bush v Gore.

    Obviously, do not find YZGI's comments to be reasonable. In fact, I don't agree. I do agree with his statement that different people see things differently. "Different strokes for different folks," if you will.

    I will never relax as long as ReThuglicans rule 4 important parts of government. No reasonable person with intelligence would do or is doing.

    Chillax yourself, porky.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    is poking the sun
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    yaaarrrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,231
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    722

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    I noticed the last 9 ex-justices were all nominated by Republicans. That's a whole court.

    Kavanaugh isn't anything new... It's the same game, different name.

    The only thing new is that they had to abandon the 60 vote rule because he was such a poor choice.

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    9,572
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    07:46 PM
    Points
    30,252
    Gifts Kitten

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    All Kavanaugh and Judge ever needed to do to close this whole issue out was volunteer for a polygraph. They never did.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

  6. #86
    Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.
     
    I am:
    Cool
     
    LarsMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    usually on the road to somewhere.
    Posts
    10,190
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    05:46 PM
    Points
    39,355
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by yaaarrrgg View Post
    I noticed the last 9 ex-justices were all nominated by Republicans. That's a whole court.

    Kavanaugh isn't anything new... It's the same game, different name.

    The only thing new is that they had to abandon the 60 vote rule because he was such a poor choice.
    The super majority rule got tossed by the Dems a few year back. The Pubs are just taking advantage of the Dems' stupidity.

    I hate it when that happens.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    is poking the sun
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    yaaarrrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,231
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    722

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The super majority rule got tossed by the Dems a few year back. The Pubs are just taking advantage of the Dems' stupidity.

    I hate it when that happens.
    I wasn't sure, so I just looked it up now. :-) It looks like the democrats used the option in some cases, but excluded Supreme Court. That was Mitch's idea. From Wikipedia:

    "November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, but not for the Supreme Court[1]. In April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court and the nomination of Neil Gorsuch ending the debate[2]."

    So, it looks like the last two justices barely got through by the skin of their teeth. And these people are supposed to represent the interests of the whole country?

  8. #88
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,490
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    6,161
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    USSC? I suppose, given the context, you mean United States Supreme Court and not the United States Sentencing Commission? Mmmm, maybe you do. However, assuming the former, yeah, learned that one in 2000, Bush v Gore.

    Obviously, do not find YZGI's comments to be reasonable. In fact, I don't agree. I do agree with his statement that different people see things differently. "Different strokes for different folks," if you will.

    I will never relax as long as ReThuglicans rule 4 important parts of government. No reasonable person with intelligence would do or is doing.

    Chillax yourself, porky.
    Hmm, I see the two parties as different sides of the same coin fighting over who has the biggest half of the piece of candy. My philosophy in voting for the last 20 years or so has been to never vote for an incumbent, I don't care what party they are in. I think its stupid to keep voting them in just because they are of a certain party.Do you vote party line?

  9. #89
    Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     
    YZGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    11,490
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    6,161
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBoleyn View Post
    1. Funny, not ha ha funny, but I see disrespect in your post. Calm, but possibly hate filled and frantic. I guess we perceive things completely different.

    Really?

    2. Subterfuge, possibly ALL fabricated. So, Ford made up her story? Or lived with it throughout her life, not to mention the pain SHE had to bear. For a man whose reputation was ruined, for a man whose career was destroyed he sure was richly rewarded.

    So, you know as a fact that this happened the way she said? There is no possibility of remembering it skewed?

    What about the pain his prior decisions may have cost Joe or Joan American? What about the pain his future decisions may cost? I think your pity is sorely misplaced.

    Can you give me details of any decisions he has made that may have cost Joan pain?

    Hopefully, now that he is independent for a lifetime, he will surprise me. Hopefully, as in his sworn testimony he behaved like a jerk, which for me disqualified him no matter what happened to Ford.
    I wonder how you may react if someone accused you of being a Rethuglican (your word), or any other possible untruth.

  10. #90
    Premium Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     
    tude dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Central Kansas
    Posts
    3,752
    Local Date
    10-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:46 PM
    Points
    17,466
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: Brett Kavanaugh

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    The super majority rule got tossed by the Dems a few year back. The Pubs are just taking advantage of the Dems' stupidity.

    I hate it when that happens.
    Me too.

    Somebody has to create a "Profiles in Courage" moment, step across the aisle to counter the hate and venom.

    The thing is, everybody must give up something.

    Thinking about that, really don't know what I would give up, but it would look different once I see the sausage being made.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    -MARK TWAIN

    No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
    -ABRAHAM LINCOLN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2