I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    12:32 PM
    Gifts Kitten

Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

Donald Trump said he would donate one million dollars to a charity of her choice if Elizabeth Warren would take a DNA test proving she had Native American lineage.

She did, she does, and now he doesn't want to pay up claiming he never said it.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    09:32 AM
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Re: Trump Reneging On Charity Promise

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Donald Trump said he would donate one million dollars to a charity of her choice if Elizabeth Warren would take a DNA test proving she had Native American lineage.

She did, she does, and now he doesn't want to pay up claiming he never said it.
    Of course, he denies saying it even though it is on tape.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    06:32 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

...quelle surprise...
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    11:32 AM
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

She is 1/1,024 of possible Native American, could also be South American. 6-10 generations ago.

Now who here still considers her to be Native American.

I am 1/8 Cherokee, My great grandmother was 100 % Cherokee and lived on the Reservation in Oklahoma. I still don't consider myself Native American.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by YZGI View Post
    She is 1/1,024 of possible Native American, could also be South American. 6-10 generations ago.

Now who here still considers her to be Native American.

I am 1/16 Cherokee, My great grandmother was 100 % Cherokee and lived on the Reservation in Oklahoma. I still don't consider myself Native American.
    I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what percentage is what. What matters is how a person chooses to identify themselves. Outside the playground this is never an issue once we mature. Who cares how you or I identify ourselves, and why should anyone make any sort of issue of it?

That Trump decided to make this an issue without specifying a minimum percentage required and put his money where his mouth is, he should pay up. He was incorrect. He lost the bet. Sometimes 9 as a high card wins.
    Voltaire

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what percentage is what. What matters is how a person chooses to identify themselves. Outside the playground this is never an issue once we mature. Who cares how you or I identify ourselves, and why should anyone make any sort of issue of it?

That Trump decided to make this an issue without specifying a minimum percentage required and put his money where his mouth is, he should pay up. He was incorrect. He lost the bet. Sometimes 9 as a high card wins.
    If I were him I would pay her $976.63 (1/1024 of a million), I believe if my math is correct (it's probably not).

From what I understand, in the past she used the minority card (Native American) to further herself in some way, ( I would have to research to be sure but this is what I read) . I read somewhere, that she listed it when she got jobs at Harvard and another University.

I would guess that a very high percentage Of North Americans would have some trace of Native American, at least equal to hers.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

If I were him I would pay her $976.63 (1/1024 of a million), I believe if my math is correct (it's probably not).

From what I understand, in the past she used the minority card (Native American) to further herself in some way, ( I would have to research to be sure but this is what I read) . I read somewhere, that she listed it when she got jobs at Harvard and another University.

I would guess that a very high percentage Of North Americans would have some trace of Native American, at least equal to hers.
    From CNN on Warren's claims:

"Did it play a role in her career?
    Harvard Law School in the 1990s touted Warren, then a professor in Cambridge, as being "Native American." They singled her out, Warren later acknowledged, because she had listed herself as a minority in an Association of American Law Schools directory. Critics note that she had not done that in her student applications and during her time as a teacher at the University of Texas.
    Warren maintains she never furthered her career by using her heritage to gain advantage, and an in-depth investigation by the Boston Globe, published on September 1, found the same.
    "At every step of her remarkable rise in the legal profession," the report read, "the people responsible for hiring her saw her as a white woman."
    How did this become a political issue?
    It began during Warren's 2012 Senate run, when her opponent, Brown, accused her of lying to get a leg up in her academic career.
    "Professor Warren claimed that she was a Native American, a person of color," he said during a debate. "And as you can see, she's not."
    Warren shot back that she had not gained any "advantage" -- a claim that has proven impossible to fact check -- and in a subsequent ad again cited family lore."
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/polit...tas/index.html

Personally, I have some stake in this game. My son is one-eighth Native American, (or First Peoples, as his tribe of origin is Canadian.) We did some research before he entered college and found the Native American label was not generally recognized after 1/16 or in rarer cases, 1/32. I think Senator Warren's claim should be one of family pride only.

BTW, my mother considered her grandson to be Jewish, cause I am!

Besides:
    "Six million Americans who describe themselves as white have some African ancestry, according to a new study. In percentage terms, that means that roughly 3.5 percent of self-described white Americans have 1 percent or more African ancestry............. Southern whites are considerably more likely to have African ancestry than whites from other regions: "European Americans with African ancestry comprise as much as 12% of European Americans from Louisiana and South Carolina and about 1 in 10 individuals in other parts of the South."
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d9294bb34ce0

Doubt if most of these folks want to label themselves black.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

I didn't notice that Trump promised $100.00 per one percent of NA heritage in her DNA. Did I miss something?

I didn't see Trump admitting that he is 46.1% president and therefore will serve at that capacity and admitting that Clinton should serve as 48.2%.

At what percentage, if any, should Trump be libel for the entire $1 million bet?
    Voltaire

Zero mod strikes. HAH!!!
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time

I didn't notice that Trump promised $100.00 per one percent of NA heritage in her DNA. Did I miss something?

I didn't see Trump admitting that he is 46.1% president and therefore will serve at that capacity and admitting that Clinton should serve as 48.2%.

At what percentage, if any, should Trump be libel for the entire $1 million bet?
    The question is,

Do you consider her Native American being 1/1,024th? Maybe.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-19-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    The question is,

Do you consider her Native American being 1/1,024th? Maybe.
    I don't have an opinion about it. I couldn't care less what she is or what you are or what I am for that matter. Why should I?
    Voltaire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast