Poll about polls

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Poll about polls

Post by koan »

You could also ask if we really need to separate the religion forum into different types or the political forums into different areas...etc.

The reason I want a separate polls forum is to look at issues one step at a time and try to reach agreements on each individual aspect of the issues. Polls in regular discussions rarely reach any conclusions.
Marie5656

Poll about polls

Post by Marie5656 »

This is my opinion. When I am checking for new messages, I click on Todays Post or new posts. Everything shows up in a master list, not separated. So, if something is in a poll forum, or general, or religion..whatever, they all show up in Todays Posts separatly, not divided by category. The posts are in order of when they were posted, nothing else.

If we needed to go to each individual forum to find new posts, that would be different, I guess. If one were only interested in a particular interest area, I guess then they would go to just that area to look for new posts. I am thinking of someone like Coberst..who only posts in philosophy or religion.

My feeling on the folks who come here (and I am be wrong) is that most are interested in more than a specific subject matter, that is why they are here.

theia

Poll about polls

Post by theia »

Nothing of value to add...I'm just laughing at the title of this thread, which I find so funny :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
chonsigirl

Poll about polls

Post by chonsigirl »

We don't need a special area for polls, they are appropriate wherever the thread starter thinks they should be. I know if I want to post a poll, I won't put it in a special forum, but where it fits.
Lulu2

Poll about polls

Post by Lulu2 »

Clancy...they're special because the invented a dance....the "KA"
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
koan

Poll about polls

Post by koan »

Here are three more reasons why a polls forum strikes me as a good idea.

Members who don't participate as much get a chance to say something on many topics without having to write anything

It's a place for yes or no questions

It's a place to quickly gather the overall opinions of the members who come here.

I guess Snooze is still "grumpy" about it. :rolleyes:
Marie5656

Poll about polls

Post by Marie5656 »

Koan..are you saying then a place for just plain polls..without the message feature??
koan

Poll about polls

Post by koan »

Marie5656 wrote: Koan..are you saying then a place for just plain polls..without the message feature??

You're in the polls forum now. Obviously you can make comments if you choose. :D
Marie5656

Poll about polls

Post by Marie5656 »

koan wrote: You're in the polls forum now. Obviously you can make comments if you choose. :D

In that case, I have no comment. :lips:
Accountable

Poll about polls

Post by Accountable »

They already have a whole country. They need a forum, too?!?
Shweet tatersalad

Poll about polls

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Why polls anyway?

Just to isolate a persons opinion in any one subject?

I'm not big on polls,but I participate because I get bored with some of the subject matters at times and just chime in for the hell of it.

when I see a lot of polls at once I get the feeling that some one is trying too refresh the board or something because it's Little slow. or something.
cherandbuster

Poll about polls

Post by cherandbuster »

I like the polls.

Keep 'em coming! :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Shweet tatersalad

Poll about polls

Yikes,overuled by a bostonian.
cherandbuster

Poll about polls

Post by cherandbuster »

Shweet tatersalad wrote: Yikes,overuled by a bostonian.

Oh Shweet :-6

Cut me some slack if you please

As the New York Yankees have been making mincemeat outta my Red Sox all weekend :-1
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Shweet tatersalad

Poll about polls

Ok mang,ju got it mang.

I love Boston,Best baseball,hockey fans ever.I have two bricks from the old garden.One on my desk at home and one on my desk at work.
valerie

Poll about polls

Post by valerie »

Shweet tatersalad wrote: Ok mang,ju got it mang.

I love Boston,Best baseball,hockey fans ever.I have two bricks from the old garden.One on my desk at home and one on my desk at work.

You just watched Scarface, didn't you?

;) :-2 :D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

eyesopen

Poll about polls

Post by eyesopen »

we must do or you wouldnt be here:)

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”