Abortion Poll - Part 2

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by koan »

While hoping that more people consider part 1, part 2 in the poll is whether or not a fetus is a separate body, independent of the mothers right over her own body. There are many factors to consider such as the baby not being able to survive outside of the womb but that the baby has basic organs or a heartbeat of its own. There are other threads that debate the whole issue. If you've made your mind up, vote.
Marie5656

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by Marie5656 »

I will strike controversy by admitting I voted no. It depends on how "person" is defined. During the first trimester...when an abortion is legally allowed, I do not feel it is more than a fetus. It is unable to sustain life outside the mother's body at this time. Therefore, if there is no life, is there a person?
Adam Zapple

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by Adam Zapple »

Unique DNA, unique person.
RedGlitter

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by RedGlitter »

It's a separate entity that requires its host.

At the risk of sounding smarmy or whatever, I have to say that expression "I brought you into this world and I will take you out" comes to mind here.
koan

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by koan »

I'm pro-choice but I voted yes on this aspect. To arrive at an honest opinion one needs to consider each aspect individually. I have other reasons that cause me to be pro-choice but I don't deny that the baby is actually a separate entity. Anyone who has been pregnant can tell you it feels like having an alien inside you.
nvalleyvee

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by nvalleyvee »

Geez Koan - you did not give any time limit on the fetus.................HMMMM.

Personal feeling is that any life in-utero is up for debate. The Mom, the Dad...there aren't any other people to make that decision. OHHHH yeah it is only the Mom.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
koan

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by koan »

nvalleyvee wrote: Geez Koan - you did not give any time limit on the fetus.................HMMMM.

Personal feeling is that any life in-utero is up for debate. The Mom, the Dad...there aren't any other people to make that decision. OHHHH yeah it is only the Mom.

The legal range of when abortions are permitted are the only ones to dispute after the time passes that abortions are allowed I think all people agree it is able to survive and a legal person.

The courts try to decide. But here, it is just a question of what the majority thinks.
Lizard Lips

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by Lizard Lips »

This pro-choice person voted yes.
Bryn Mawr

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Without qualification I cannot vote.

Until the point at which the foetus would be capable of independent life I do not believe it to be independent. To put it another way, whilst it is totally dependent on the mother it is part of the mother.

Beyond that point, even though it is within the mother and depending on her it is a separate entity.

How does that fit with the voting options?
koan

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by koan »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Without qualification I cannot vote.

Until the point at which the foetus would be capable of independent life I do not believe it to be independent. To put it another way, whilst it is totally dependent on the mother it is part of the mother.

Beyond that point, even though it is within the mother and depending on her it is a separate entity.

How does that fit with the voting options?

Work through your inner conflict and pick an answer. You have to decide if the fetus' inability to survive independently overwhelms its existence as a separate entity.
koan

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by koan »

This is still a close poll. We need some more voters.
eyesopen

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by eyesopen »

I do not want to get into the debate of weather abortion is right or wrong we all have the rights to our own choices. However after recently having a baby myself i do believe the baby is part of the mother. i felt myself as a vessel to supply nutrition and saftey to a child that cannot servive without me it become seperate when it is able to live outside the womb. It is human right from the start as it has basic needs:thinking: :thinking:
weber

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by weber »

A newborn baby would die without some taking care of it. Is that baby not a person.

A 2 year old likely also would die without someone feeding it, caring for it. It the 2 year old not a person?

The egg comes from the mother...it requires a man to get in on it for the egg to be fertilized and procreation has taken place...another human life is begun. I can't see any other outlook.

But I am not making any statement on abortion when I say that. I am simply pro life and I am also pro choice when that is required and legal.
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
crazygal

Abortion Poll - Part 2

Post by crazygal »

I voted yes and am very anti-abortion.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”