Ignorance is bliss?

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by koan »

If your spouse/partner had a one time, one night affair would you want to know?
RedGlitter

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by RedGlitter »

Yes and I won't need to reload either. :mad:
Rain

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by Rain »

(:wah: LMHO @ RG)

Yes that way I'd know where I stood in his life. In front of the Judge!
minks

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by minks »

Been there done that, kicked his sorry ass out.

If you want to remain blissfully ignorant over this then so be it but what about STD's if nothing else???????
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Marie5656

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by Marie5656 »

OK, if I don't tell about mine, I won't ask about his. Seriously...When Rick and I were early in our relationship....but that is water under the bridge.
woppy71

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by woppy71 »

Well, yes, I think. How would I feel about it? Don't know, probably all the usuall emotions, but, I could never bring myself to leave Carrie or throw her out, I love her to much.
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
minks

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by minks »

Cheating is not tolerated in the work place, school, sports, etc, so why is it tolerated in a relationship.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by RedGlitter »

I can't relate to that at all. When he's with me, what he has is for me only and vice versa. Even without love there is an intimacy in taking someone into your own body or entering that of another. As there should be. Thefact that he would get pleasure from or give it to anyone other than me is unforgivable. He would never use it again, I tell you.
sunny104

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by sunny104 »

Pinky wrote: TBH, if it was only physical, and he was careful, I wouldn't be that bothered.

I know that sounds strange to most people, but I have a strange way of looking at things. I don't see sex as purely linked to love, so as long as that wasn't an issue, he could tell me anything. I don't have a jealousy problem on any score.
that's how I feel too, I'm just not a jealous person.....and I think there would be a difference between a drunken one nite stand as opposed to an affair that's been going on for months or years.....

but still....I can't know for sure what I would do in that situation unless I was in it...:o

I voted for knowing about it though.....
koan

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by koan »

I think that even in a relationship where a couple allows each other to "wander", there should be openness and honesty.
Bryn Mawr

Ignorance is bliss?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

koan wrote: I think that even in a relationship where a couple allows each other to "wander", there should be openness and honesty.

Sunny raised a good point, if, in a loving relationship where your partner would not be tolerant, you got drunk one night (extenuating circumstances) and ended up being persuaded into a one night stand.

The next day you regret it deeply and are totally ashamed and vow it will never be repeated.

Do you tell your partner in the name of honesty, knowing that it would destroy your relationship or would you keep quiet?

As the partner, would you want to know.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”