Crazy Christ?

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Crazy Christ?

Post by koan »

If Jesus Christ returned (or messiah by any name) do you think people would believe him (or her)?
Rain

Crazy Christ?

Post by Rain »

Being that he fulfilled all prophesy then, (to Be the Christ) he would now also, so yes, I would think any right minded people would believe he is who he said he was.
RedGlitter

Crazy Christ?

Post by RedGlitter »

No. I would just assume he was another Criss Angel wannabe.
Marie5656

Crazy Christ?

Post by Marie5656 »

I think people these days are much too cynical. I say no. As a non religeous person, I would say that I would not think it was him.
Shweet tatersalad

Crazy Christ?

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Nope,he has ignored us for to long,people don't believe anymore because too much bad happens all time.And no one is there too defend us against evil.

Turn your back and we won't follow.
Lulu2

Crazy Christ?

Post by Lulu2 »

I voted no because I've seen the Jim Jones/Krishnamurta/Messiahwannabees.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Bez

Crazy Christ?

Post by Bez »

Shweet tatersalad wrote: Nope,he has ignored us for to long,people don't believe anymore because too much bad happens all time.And no one is there too defend us against evil.

Turn your back and we won't follow.

That's pretty much how I feel now Shweet. I've seen too much suffering by innocent people ........
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bryn Mawr

Crazy Christ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

You poll options do not reflect the question.

The question is "would people" whilst the options are "would you".

Whilst "I'd doubt it but give him a chance" I cannot see him being accepted by the world in general.
gmc

Crazy Christ?

Post by gmc »

Preaching love and understanding? He would be dismissed as a wishy washy liberal, a letter day hippy who doesn't see thngs the way they are and fails to understand that some people you need to go to war with because they are out to destroy you.

Turn the other cheek? Come on what god fearing, bible thumping fundamentalist christian would fall for that one? Smite then hip and thigh and devil take the hindmost.:sneaky:
koan

Crazy Christ?

Post by koan »

Bryn Mawr wrote:

The question is "would people" whilst the options are "would you".

:mad: pedant

:-6
Bryn Mawr

Crazy Christ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

koan wrote: :mad: pedant

:-6

At your service Maam. :)
spot

Crazy Christ?

Post by spot »

Let's get this right - this is the second coming of the only-begotten Son of the "God the Universal Creator" who so loved the world that he arranged a rather resonant sacrifice to redeem his chosen people from the wages of sin? I'd test the candidate's credentials very carefully and then vote to crucify him a second time. I don't like the theology at all and it's a fitting form of protest.

As for the man? Hey, he's just this guy, you know? If his English is good enough I'd hang out with him, no problem. Besides, she might be a woman this time round so just be careful what you claim to be.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Adam Zapple

Crazy Christ?

Post by Adam Zapple »

When Christ returns, it won't be as a babe in swaddling clothes. There will be many who still rebel and refuse to accept him for who he is, but there won't be any mistaking who he is. As Scrat says, test his credentials against scripture and it will be clear when it happens.
spot

Crazy Christ?

Post by spot »

Rebel, Adam? You speak as though I had an owner and slavery were still in order.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”