Are you the culprit?

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Are you the culprit?

Post by koan »

Have you ever opened your car door and dinged the side of a car parked beside you then left without leaving your contact info?
theia

Are you the culprit?

Post by theia »

No, because I would want to be treated the same if someone pranged my car...and it usually happens that people do tell me.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Marie5656

Are you the culprit?

Post by Marie5656 »

But it was a minor one. If it were bad, or if someone had seen me, I would have stopped and left a note.
OpenMind

Are you the culprit?

Post by OpenMind »

No. My car did once roll into a Jaguar. But it didn't even make a scratch, let alone a dent. I was impressed with the jag.
minks

Are you the culprit?

Post by minks »

Not I

and again when the girls were young I was adamant they were careful, I hate when it happens to me
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Are you the culprit?

Post by Bez »

theia wrote: No, because I would want to be treated the same if someone pranged my car...and it usually happens that people do tell me.

Same as Theia except people NEVER tell me :confused:
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
theia

Are you the culprit?

Post by theia »

Bez wrote: Same as Theia except people NEVER tell me :confused:

About ten years ago a young couple knocked on my door and apologised for hitting and damaging the wing mirror of my car which was parked outside. They could so easily have driven on, I wouldn't have known who had done it. They asked me to get a quote and to send it on to them. They then sent me a cheque for the cost. I think that made me more determined to tell someone if I had damaged their car. But yes, I have had those litttle bumps and scrapes on the car which no=one has told me about.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Are you the culprit?

Post by AussiePam »

I once saw someone in a carpark hit another car. The driver got out, shrugged shamefacedly at me and my friends, took out his driver's licence and insurance papers, wrote a note and carefully placed it under the windscreen wiper of the dented car, waved at us and drove off. The note merely read "Have a nice day"! Luckily someone got the bastard's rego number.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cherandbuster

Are you the culprit?

Post by cherandbuster »

theia wrote: About ten years ago a young couple knocked on my door and apologised for hitting and damaging the wing mirror of my car which was parked outside. They could so easily have driven on, I wouldn't have known who had done it. They asked me to get a quote and to send it on to them. They then sent me a cheque for the cost. I think that made me more determined to tell someone if I had damaged their car.

Theia

That renews my faith in human nature :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”