Nomad wants me to get a new TV

A forum created specifically for polls.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

:cool: i vote yes IF nomad is paying for it!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Shall we go "borrow" one of his stands for you, snooze?:D
spot

Post by spot »

Good God, what do you want any television for in the first place??
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

More TV, less FG. I vote no. :cool:
spot

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl;467532 wrote: Is there a way to ban someone from posting in my threads?!? :mad:

Joking! I love you Spot.

:yh_liarIf I thought for one moment that you didn't, I'd never post in another of your threads again, you know that.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
weber

Post by weber »

SnoozeControl;467514 wrote: Poll to follow
Voted yes and I pulled your finger so now you gotta fart......a good one please.
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
FlatBlob

Post by FlatBlob »

Is Nomad a new TV? THAT is the question, hm.
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

if it aint broke, don' fix it. If it still works why get a new one.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Yes Snooze get on of the new Plazma TV they are amazing and you can hang it on the wall. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

theia

Post by theia »

Don't get stand 1 :(
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Just lie - he won't know unless he comes over to harass you ...and your not going to open the door are you;) :D
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Snoozie :)

I'm with Nomad

Get a nice flat screen HD television -- everything looks so much better on it :-6

Besides

You deserve it :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Well, if you need one get it now. best time for sales.

Oh great, I am posting right after Cher in every thread..hope she does not think I am stalking her. :thinking:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Her tv is 19 yrs old and its 20". She's a movie buff for crying out loud. The sales are on and anyway the FCC mandated in 1997 every broadcast is going to change its format so your 20" screen is turning into a 15" screen. Dont get a regular tv it will have bars on it. And you do deserve it. You'll enjoy your films so much more.

We can talk about a sound system later.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

theia;467671 wrote: Don't get stand 1 :(
:wah:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

I can recommend plasma screens - a couple of years ago we went out to buy a new tv - can back with a 42" plasma with home cinema system!! Once I saw it in the shop playing Lord of the Rings I told hubby that we had to have that - he just groaned and sid 'It doesn't come with that film playing':wah:

Seriously, if you're a movie buff then I don't think you can go wrong with a really good tv - the picture quality improvement really enhances your viewing.

Besides, if you can afford it then why not - there are no pockets in shrouds!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Imladris;467806 wrote: I can recommend plasma screens - a couple of years ago we went out to buy a new tv - can back with a 42" plasma with home cinema system!! Once I saw it in the shop playing Lord of the Rings I told hubby that we had to have that - he just groaned and sid 'It doesn't come with that film playing':wah:

Seriously, if you're a movie buff then I don't think you can go wrong with a really good tv - the picture quality improvement really enhances your viewing.

Besides, if you can afford it then why not - there are no pockets in shrouds!

Thank you !:-4

Theres no going back once you've made the leap.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Now I am going to need a new TV upstairs, for the kids. They are the ones going to use it, I'll never watch anything on it. And there will be video games systems hooked up to it.

What's a good TV for them, I'm not going plasma for kids............................
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

chonsigirl;467830 wrote: Now I am going to need a new TV upstairs, for the kids. They are the ones going to use it, I'll never watch anything on it. And there will be video games systems hooked up to it.

What's a good TV for them, I'm not going plasma for kids............................

Well whatever you do get a widescreen. The format is changing next yr. If you dont whatever you watch will have black bars on the top and bottom of the screen.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You mean like letterbox TV?
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

chonsigirl;467835 wrote: You mean like letterbox TV?

Right. I was wrong about the date its 2009. But if your going to plunk down hard earned cash do your research. Its not the same market anymore.

Date for final transition to digital is February 17, 2009. After that date, stations will only broadcast digital signals.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Thank you, Nomad for that info. That will help me plan ahead.

Yeah, I remember when we got our first black and white set, things sure have changed. And oh boy, when color first came out..........................:)
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I remember when John Apold's family bought a tv w/ a remote control. :eek:

Really space age.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Remotes! The object everyone wants! I only put on the weather in the morning while doing chores, otherwise my husband never lets that remote out of his sight!:wah:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

chonsigirl;467873 wrote: Remotes! The object everyone wants! I only put on the weather in the morning while doing chores, otherwise my husband never lets that remote out of his sight!:wah:

I tell everyone that my husband is a control freak - a remote control freak!

There's the screen one, the one that does the sound and dvd's, the video one and the satellite one.

then we bought a new gas fire and they asked if we wanted a remote control one:-5

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I went around, and around with my mother on this very issue last year. She had a working very old SONY (I have four and agree they are excellent). The problem was that any of the new tech stuff ie: DVd Player etc could not be hooked up without a great deal off effort on my part. :rolleyes: Which I did because she is my mother.;) Her SONY only had a tuner for 32 cable channels, I was constantly going over there to show her how to get the other channels through the DVD/VCR player, not the TV.

Well on day I said get in the car we are going to get you a new TV today. I purchased her a SONY ,I like them and they are very reliable. I couldn't get a huge one because she still wanted to put it in her cabinet. Well guess what she loves it, the picture is excellent quality. I put the old Sony in her garage. :D

Get a new TV snooze the time is now they are on sale every where and the prices couldn't be lower. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

chonsigirl;467858 wrote: Thank you, Nomad for that info. That will help me plan ahead.

Yeah, I remember when we got our first black and white set, things sure have changed. And oh boy, when color first came out..........................:)
I can remember as a kid when we only had 3 TV channels over here, and of those, BBC2 was part-time. The other 2 had no breakfast TV and finished before midnight. BBC2 was the first channel to go colour. My Uncle had a very expensive colour telly in anticipation of this. I recall that the Black and White channels appeared as a sepia tone on it. On the day that ITV and BBC1 both switched to colour as well, which was a Sunday, we all piled round to my Uncles and the first thing we watched was "The Golden Shot". For me, as a gathering round the TV event, it is as memorable as the Moon landing and 9/11

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Uncle Kram;468515 wrote: I can remember as a kid when we only had 3 TV channels over here, and of those, BBC2 was part-time. The other 2 had no breakfast TV and finished before midnight. BBC2 was the first channel to go colour. My Uncle had a very expensive colour telly in anticipation of this. I recall that the Black and White channels appeared as a sepia tone on it. On the day that ITV and BBC1 both switched to colour as well, which was a Sunday, we all piled round to my Uncles and the first thing we watched was "The Golden Shot". For me, as a gathering round the TV event, it is as memorable as the Moon landing and 9/11

But if you tell kids today that they look at you as if you are simple! You can see them thinking 'what did you do all day' - duh! we amused ourselves!!:-5

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”