Do you consider all the reactions before you post?

A forum created specifically for polls.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I put some thought to what I post before I post it. :-3 I figure if I have to think to much about what I'm going to post then maybe I shouldn't post it and often times I don't.. :rolleyes:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Pinky;502859 wrote: I'd have to admit that I don't put any into mine, I just type exactly what I'd say!
Ditto.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Mainly I type what I think. But there have been one or two occasions when I did edit out something either just before, or just after posting.

There was one occasion when I almost made a comment about something someone told me in a PM...changed my mind, even though it was nothing "bad".
devist8me

Post by devist8me »

At this forum, I think before I post.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
cars

Post by cars »

"Thinking" before "posting" doesn't really cost anything! And if it means to just have to rephrase & or even change "one word" so as not to offend others & start a war, but it still gets the initial intent across, where's the harm in that?:-2
Cars :)
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

cars;503034 wrote: "Thinking" before "posting" doesn't really cost anything! And if it means to just have to rephrase & or even change "one word" so as not to offend others & start a war, but it still gets the initial intent across, where's the harm in that?:-2

Absolutely agree. I try not to post in a hurry because then I put a meaning in that I don't really intend.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeControl;503043 wrote: I agree about trying not to be offensive, but when you have to somehow predict that what you say can (and most likely will) be twisted into something else for others' amusement so they can insult YOU... I just don't see how that's possible. :confused:
It's as you said. You take responsibility for your actions, your posts, your intentions. Others have to do the same. If others think you're posting with the intention of winding them up, they still have responsibility of their own response. They have the responsibility to not be wound up .... or wounded.
koan

Post by koan »

SnoozeControl;503043 wrote: I agree about trying not to be offensive, but when you have to somehow predict that what you say can (and most likely will) be twisted into something else for others' amusement so they can insult YOU... I just don't see how that's possible. :confused:

Welcome to my world.

I just assume that everything I say will be twisted and used against me so if I didn't post what I think regardless then I'd not be able to post at all. It's the norm for me. What? It happened to you and now you suddenly think it isn't right? Laughable really. Is this really you pretending to be a victim? :wah:
koan

Post by koan »

Accountable;503052 wrote: It's as you said. You take responsibility for your actions, your posts, your intentions. Others have to do the same. If others think you're posting with the intention of winding them up, they still have responsibility of their own response. They have the responsibility to not be wound up .... or wounded.

Same goes for you Accountable. You feign innocence? :wah:
Peg

Post by Peg »

I try to think before I post. It doesn't do me much good though. The most innocent statement seems to be the one that gets twisted the most.:thinking:
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

koan;503055 wrote: Same goes for you Accountable. You feign innocence? :wah:
Nope. Not a word about innocence in my post. I've questioned your motives and have gotten angry based more on what I saw as your motives than your actual words. You have great manipulative skills and I salute you.

There, now the thread's about you. Feel better? :-4
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

I tend to think for a moment about how my posts could be percieved, but I can't possibly think about everyone elses perspective, so it's guesswork!
Kynky

Post by Kynky »

Even newbies can see that it's easy to get into hot water here. I haven't been here very long, and I have read a lot - including the animosity among some of you gardeners (I haven't been here long enough to consider myself a gardener yet). I contributed a post in a recent thread and got hammered. No one knew me enough to wonder how I would react. I didn't have a track record yet. In my anger I composed at least three different responses and one by one I deleted them. Does not seem worth the effort to make a point or ask a question, or post at all, if anger is the end result.
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;503058 wrote: Nope. Not a word about innocence in my post. I've questioned your motives and have gotten angry based more on what I saw as your motives than your actual words. You have great manipulative skills and I salute you.

There, now the thread's about you. Feel better? :-4

Is this the same poster who wrote seven hours ago "Don't presume to tell me what I think"?

Half the aggression on ForumGarden would disappear overnight if nobody made such assumptions, and took what's written as the matter to address.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

spot;503073 wrote: Is this the same poster who wrote seven hours ago "Don't presume to tell me what I think"?

Half the aggression on ForumGarden would disappear overnight if nobody made such assumptions, and took what's written as the matter to address.
Nope. It can disappear entirely if everybody who thought they were being baited refused to take the bait.

The two of us have proven that we have to make assumptions, which may be accurate or not. The responsibility comes in deciding what to do once the assumption is made.
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;503076 wrote: Nope. It can disappear entirely if everybody who thought they were being baited refused to take the bait.

The two of us have proven that we have to make assumptions, which may be accurate or not. The responsibility comes in deciding what to do once the assumption is made.

Few are as restrained as I.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

spot;503078 wrote: Few are as restrained as I.
'kay.
spot

Post by spot »

Kynky;503064 wrote: Even newbies can see that it's easy to get into hot water here. I haven't been here very long, and I have read a lot - including the animosity among some of you gardeners (I haven't been here long enough to consider myself a gardener yet). I contributed a post in a recent thread and got hammered. No one knew me enough to wonder how I would react. I didn't have a track record yet. In my anger I composed at least three different responses and one by one I deleted them. Does not seem worth the effort to make a point or ask a question, or post at all, if anger is the end result.Yeats had a line about it... I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. If you hear a glass edge it's quite likely that you've inadvertently stepped on someone's corn.
koan

Post by koan »

Accountable;503076 wrote: Nope. It can disappear entirely if everybody who thought they were being baited refused to take the bait.

So your response to the OP is to suggest that everyone has to make assumptions?

Tomfoolery. I always recommend against it - even when it's blatant.

I'd tell you that you just negated the entire point of this thread but then I'd be reading too much into your post. :rolleyes:
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Kynky;503064 wrote: Even newbies can see that it's easy to get into hot water here. I haven't been here very long, and I have read a lot - including the animosity among some of you gardeners (I haven't been here long enough to consider myself a gardener yet). I contributed a post in a recent thread and got hammered. No one knew me enough to wonder how I would react. I didn't have a track record yet. In my anger I composed at least three different responses and one by one I deleted them. Does not seem worth the effort to make a point or ask a question, or post at all, if anger is the end result.

Welcome Kynky, don't worry about being shot down in flames, it happens to everyone at some stage. We all feel passionately about something. For some it's winding each other up for others it's something simpler. Just have fun and enjoy (and yes you are a gardener - your here aren't you! You just don't have dirt under your fingernails yet):)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Kynky;503064 wrote: Even newbies can see that it's easy to get into hot water here. I haven't been here very long, and I have read a lot - including the animosity among some of you gardeners (I haven't been here long enough to consider myself a gardener yet). I contributed a post in a recent thread and got hammered. No one knew me enough to wonder how I would react. I didn't have a track record yet. In my anger I composed at least three different responses and one by one I deleted them. Does not seem worth the effort to make a point or ask a question, or post at all, if anger is the end result.

Good point,I find that if you don't think before you post,you could get teamed and face possible banishment.Or you may fall into a booby trap and get lashed at.

Since the new rules,I have not posted much,as of late it's been because of my illness and also I find the subject matter here getting a little silly or just plain bland.

Some one posts a thread title and before you know it you it you post on it and soon it is gone and there are forty new ones too post on.Seems threads are started and never finished.

There is alot touchy folks here at times.I have tried too get of my Friends from work too join in here but they seem be turned off by some of the things here.

Things have changed here,some of us who have been here for a while can tell the difference.
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

hello Shweet...happy new year:-6
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

mrsK;502980 wrote: I am the same Marie,I type what I think but I would never post anything from a PM either:-6

Right. In my case, I made a comment to someone in a public thread, then just as I was about to post, I remembered that the info was shared in a PM, and not publicly. As I said, it was nothing bad, but I just thought better of it.
Shweet tatersalad

lady cop;503147 wrote: hello Shweet...happy new year:-6

Hello.

I closed my eyes in 2006 and woke up in 2007.

Nothing changed,I still have too duck alot.But i an still hopeing this year gets better.
Shweet tatersalad

SnoozeControl;503154 wrote: I'm glad someone's getting the point I was struggling to make... it seems some of us can't say ANYTHING without someone else shoving it back down our throats.

So when it isn't a constant struggle to defend a simple post, the rest of the forum really is bland... because people have gotten to the point where they're afraid to give an opinion without being drawn and quartered for it.

I don't think it's possible to predict what another can and will attack in here. I've had animal charity threads attacked, for god's sake.

Some times this place is more like a mine field than a garden.So it's a gamble.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I guess we all just need to practice restraint, and know when to bite our tongues.

But on the other hand, I would miss the friendly banter and disagreements that come up....as long as the disagreements do not turn into name calling and mud slinging.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I'm the same way on here as I am in real life. :-6
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

So, a horse goes into a bar, and the bartender says "why the long face?"

Hmmm, wonder how that will go over??

In response to the thread, I understand where Snooze is coming from, and it's sad that you can't just post and go with the flow, that there has to be "corrections" made to everything that is said...and btw..I'm a twit!! :wah:
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

SnoozeControl;503154 wrote: I'm glad someone's getting the point I was struggling to make... it seems some of us can't say ANYTHING without someone else shoving it back down our throats.

So when it isn't a constant struggle to defend a simple post, the rest of the forum really is bland... because people have gotten to the point where they're afraid to give an opinion without being drawn and quartered for it.

I don't think it's possible to predict what another can and will attack in here. I've had animal charity threads attacked, for god's sake.

:-1 She deleted her account.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

:-1 :-1 that SUCKS!!!
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

everyone said this the last time she left & the time before that, maybe the girl just needs a break.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”