Is washing your car theraputic?

A forum created specifically for polls.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Okay, I was going to wash my car today, and it struck me that I fond washing the car quite theraputic, is this a male phemonenon, a human-wide one, or am I just a bit of a mentalist? Opinions and car washing experiences please.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Dr G your mad :wah:

The only thing therapeutic about it, is sitting eating a bar of chocci reading a magazine, while going through the car wash :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

It was a hard pick, to say I was like you or ask you what you are about??

I love washing my car in summertime...it is fun...not big on the whole waxing thing though..

I am all about the car wash in the winter, my son went with me the other day through the automatic car wash and thought it was alot of fun...I let him out of his cage that day:D (I'm kidding...please know that I'm kidding!!)
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Actually..we let the car wash do it. Actually..I rather enjoy the visit to the car wash...they have this cool tri color foam that goes on near the end. Fun to watch. Am I odd to say I like the visit to the car wash??
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Interesting, very interesting, I am waiting for some male responses, I may be able to develop some interesting pop phsychology nonsense out of this you know! :wah: :thinking:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
koan

Post by koan »

I can see why you'd find it therapeutic.

I never found that with washing my car but do with other things. I like steam cleaning, for example, I'm very methodical about it and find it therapeutic as each slow stroke leaves a fresh, clean section behind it.
koan

Post by koan »

Wendybird;541429 wrote: *snigger*

sorry :o

I wrote that part for you Wendybird ;)
cars

Post by cars »

Theraputic not hardly! :wah:

For years I wanted my wife to stop off at the "Sit in you car" Automatic Car wash (ACW) during her travels. As one of her routine regular errand stops was right next door to it.

Unfortunately, She had a phobia about sitting in the car going through the ACW, and would not under any circumstances want to go through one!

Well after many years of asking her & asking her and finally wearing her down, she agreed to take the car to the ACW, after her errands. (I was at work) Well she did take the car to the ACW, and wouldn't you know it, I got the "dreadded call" at work!!! The Ploice on on their way to the ACW, & for me to get there ASAP too. The car in front of hers jumpped off the roller pulling it through the ACW and it hit into to wall while still inside the water/brush works. My wife's car, her sitting in it, was still on the ACW roller that was pulling her car through, that roller then made her car bang into the car in front of hers that already hit the wall. Then the ACW's "next roller" & "next roller" kept pulling her car and kept making it smash into the car in front of hers. All this while, the soapy water & brushes where splashing all over her car covering the windows! I got there, the Police got there, & we eventually sorted everything out. Needless to say, I still hear about that "non theraputic" event even till today!!! Guess what, she never has gone to a ACW since then, or ever will go to another one ever again!!!:)
Cars :)
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

cars;541453 wrote: Theraputic not hardly! :wah:

For years I wanted my wife to stop off at the "Sit in you car" Automatic Car wash (ACW) during her travels. As one of her routine regular errand stops was right next door to it.

Unfortunately, She had a phobia about sitting in the car going through the ACW, and would not under any circumstances want to go through one!

Well after many years of asking her & asking her and finally wearing her down, she agreed to take the car to the ACW, after her errands. (I was at work) Well she did take the car to the ACW, and wouldn't you know it, I got the "dreadded call" at work!!! The Ploice on on their way to the ACW, & for me to get there ASAP too. The car in front of hers jumpped off the roller pulling it through the ACW and it hit into to wall while still inside the water/brush works. My wife's car, her sitting in it, was still on the ACW roller that was pulling her car through, that roller then made her car bang into the car in front of hers that already hit the wall. Then the ACW's "next roller" & "next roller" kept pulling her car and kept making it smash into the car in front of hers. All this while, the soapy water & brushes where splashing all over her car covering the windows! I got there, the Police got there, & we eventually sorted everything out. Needless to say, I still hear about that "non theraputic" event even till today!!! Guess what, she never has gone to a ACW since then, or ever will go to another one ever again!!!:)

OMG Cars that is horrible...I can see why neither of you would steer away from a ACW at all times!! they have the car washes up here, where they have you get out of the car and watch your car go through, you can see through the glass windows...I could only imagine being IN the car ...your poor wife, so glad she was okay...WOW!!
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

cars;541453 wrote: Theraputic not hardly! :wah:

:wah: :wah: Sorry I shouldn't laugh, your poor wife
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

devist8me

Post by devist8me »

I'd say anything that keeps your mind off of something (like a problem) would be considered theraputic. It's like some people can forget about a problem watching a movie or going to a game. Yours escape happens to involve soap and a vehicle.
I probably posted that in an ambien trance-soryy
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Again, this is all quite interesting, I am thinking of writing a paper on this now, it will be entitled "ACW's, or Manual Car Washes, Modern Psychological Perspectives and Research Directions". Snappy title eh? I hope to win the 2008 Ignoble Award for my efforts so keep it coming. I certainly prefer the power hose to the ACW experience, as its more hands on, and therefore provides more washing pleasure, in fact I wish everything could be washed with power hoses, the kitchen, the toilet, the bed linen, my hair, the pets, but unfortunately its not possible with current powerhose technology. :-1

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

For me anything that involves water is theraputic. :-6

Washing the car, dishes, laundry, myself, the kids, etc. :D :wah:
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

doctor g, what the hell can there be theraputic about cutting your hand on jagged bits of rust and great lumps of your car left laying in the drive when your finished:wah: :wah:
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

jimbo;541519 wrote: doctor g, what the hell can there be theraputic about cutting your hand on jagged bits of rust and great lumps of your car left laying in the drive when your finished:wah: :wah:

Ah, that doesn't happen anymore since I traded up the mini metro, you couldn't power-hose that one, it would tip over! :wah: Fun car though! :-6

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Washing, waxing and detailing my car is essential to the well being of my mental health. Pre winter Ive applied a minimum of 5 coats of wax to the paint. First thaw and Im all over it again.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:-3 Scares me how much I'm like Nomad but I do the same thing. My car is old 1973 Chevy Camaro. She doesn't like car washes so she has always been washed by hand. Now I don't have to winter problem that Nomad does but I wax her up 2 times a year. :driving:

[QUOTE]Washing, waxing and detailing my car is essential to the well being of my mental health. Pre winter Ive applied a minimum of 5 coats of wax to the paint. First thaw and Im all over it again.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cars

Post by cars »

It's funny how a "clean" shiney car, just "runs" better, & smoother! :) :thinking: :rolleyes:
Cars :)
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Interesting, it seems there are a lot of fellow car-washers out there, balanced by an equal amount of people are are unsure what all the fuss is about. Interesting.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
abbey

Post by abbey »

I have to admit i havent washed my car for about 6 months. :o

My sister bought me a washmatic, you just dip the tube in a bucket of water, prime it and the water syphons up to a brush, hey presto!

Not so, i tried it yesterday and ended up wet through, it's now tucked away in my shed along with the rest of my crap.

"Is washing your car theraputic?".................Nope. :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

abbey;554438 wrote: I have to admit i havent washed my car for about 6 months. :o

My sister bought me a washmatic, you just dip the tube in a bucket of water, prime it and the water syphons up to a brush, hey presto!

Not so, i tried it yesterday and ended up wet through, it's now tucked away in my shed along with the rest of my crap.

"Is washing your car theraputic?".................Nope. :D

How do you live with yourself Abbeynormal ?
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”