Nrc

A forum created specifically for polls.
Nomad

Nrc

Post by Nomad »

The first night of the NRC was a bust because of the hurricane. Delegates from the region left for home, rightly so but everyone else was a no show.

McCain said it was out of concern for the people that live in the areas to be hit.

I dont buy it.

No one in the media was going to cover the convention while a hurricane was threatening New Orleans. They lost their spotlight. Continuing with the convention with sparse to none participation would have made the party look weak.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Nrc

Post by Nomad »

Ok.

Clearly this wasnt my best work.

I can see that now.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Nrc

Post by CARLA »

Clearly they were saving face.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Nrc

Post by Nomad »

Lets just forget this ever happened.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Nrc

Post by qsducks »

I think both Jab since another hurricane is coming up this week.
Accountable

Nrc

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;969647 wrote: McCain said it was out of concern for the people that live in the areas to be hit.

I dont buy it.
No-win situation. If he goes, he's pandering. If he stays at the convention, he's insensitive. Obama stayed out of it and no one lifted an eyebrow. In this case McCain probably should've done the same. It did show major class though for him to charter a plane to take the affected delegates home. If I heard right, the plane returned with evacuees.
Accountable

Nrc

Post by Accountable »

Pretty wild how Lieberman had the NRC applauding Bill Clinton, dontcha think? :D
Nomad

Nrc

Post by Nomad »

Accountable;971197 wrote: Pretty wild how Lieberman had the NRC applauding Bill Clinton, dontcha think? :D

He was on late, I missed part of his speech. What did he say ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Nrc

Post by Accountable »

Nomad;971386 wrote: He was on late, I missed part of his speech. What did he say ?
VIDEO

TRANSCRIPT
Nomad

Nrc

Post by Nomad »

Accountable;971197 wrote: Pretty wild how Lieberman had the NRC applauding Bill Clinton, dontcha think? :D

Id like to see a lot more of that. Good things would happen.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”