AMBER ALERT--Florida

The AMBER Alert System began in 1996 when Dallas-Fort Worth broadcasters teamed with local police to develop an early warning system to help find abducted children. AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response and was created as a legacy to 9-year-old Amber Hagerman, who was kidnaped while riding her bicycle in Arlington, Texas, and then brutally murdered. Other states and communities soon set up their own AMBER plans as the idea was adopted across the nation.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

these are the photos momof6 mentioned, but i'm not sure i understand their significance.... who is charles(the guy in the middle)?

Attached files
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

luv352 wrote: http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2005/3/8/73872.html thanks

Organizing their own search

Tuesday, March 8, 2005

Click here for an enlarged image of Jessica.

There is an update on the search for 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford.

Her family is now trying to organize their own search.

On Monday, her father, Mark Lunsford, and grandparents held a meeting at their church, calling on the community to volunteer their time.

Mark Lunsford said he wants to expand the search outside the sheriff's office perimeter.

"There's a lot of land out here that I have to cover," Lunsford said. "I'll have meetings three times a week and each time I want to see this group get bigger."

He said there are also a lot of vacant homes on the land that need to be searched.

The reward for finding Jessica Lunsford has been raised to $115,000.
CARLA

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by CARLA »

Welcome MOMOF6,

Can you shed any light on the locked door. Do you have any info on exactly which door was locked???

My feeling about the picture of DAD... they are all him, check out the ears, chin, around the eyes.. wish I could see the eyebrows.. But I think they are all him, in his youth and now.

Boy I wish something would break in this case.. :-5
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

i searched for a "charles lunsford" on dept. of corr. in fla. and NC...there is an offender with that name in NC who bears no resemblance to the mysterious "charles" pictured. and carla i do believe the door that was referenced was in fact a door to the outside. i know how you feel, we want a resolution! ...i read with interest how mark is going to organize his own searches...wouldn't it be a big shock if he 'accidently' discovers her body in some abandoned building? (kind of like john ramsey discovering JonBenet and then interfering with critical evidence). and civilian searchers mean well but may disturb evidence. the sheriff's posse has covered the entire area.
Beth

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Beth »

I know there are such things as colored contacts, but Charles has blue eyes and Mark has green or hazel eyes.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

seems the whole lot is a bunch of jailbirds...this is cousin kristy, arrested in florida. Charge DescriptionBond Amt.832.05 - WORTHLESS CHECK-MAKE/UTTER/ISSUE$150.
Beth

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Beth »

Gosh, make me feel privilaged to come from a family of law abiding citizens.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

you know what Beth, that lifestyle is a CHOICE. i just posted this in coldwater's thread at court TV. deputylinda

hello...i am not here often, so have not read all the threads...i would just like to suggest, in case it hasn't been posted, google NC DOC (north carolina dept. of corrections)...then go to offender search page. search archie lunsford white male and you will see a record more recent than the 50 years as claimed. further, type in mark lunsford and you will see felonies, B&E and attempting to defraud /burning a dwelling. i have not seen this information published anywhere except on a site where i posted it ,( i am a moderator and we have a monster thread going) i have emailed FOX, CNN and a couple newspapers, as well as Greta and Nancy Grace. only Greta acknowledged. i have also spoken to a contact at citrus county SO who agrees with me that of course the sheriff isn't telling all he knows. i wouldn't expect him to. .... thanks. linda
Beth

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Beth »

lady cop wrote: you know what Beth, that lifestyle is a CHOICE. I know it is, but I also had a decent guidance from my mother. I don't know of any of my relatives ever being arrested. Just seems a stark contrast to this.That family seems to have fraud after fraud in it.

That Charles guy, he resembles mark, but has different eyes. Maybe he is Mark on meth? I have seen people on meth with such horribly sunken in faces.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the civilian search, I am expecting, if he is guilty, for him to trip himself up and get caught.

i just posted this in coldwater's thread at court TV.

deputylinda

hello...i am not here often, so have not read all the threads...i would just like to suggest, in case it hasn't been posted, google NC DOC (north carolina dept. of corrections)...then go to offender search page. search archie lunsford white male and you will see a record more recent than the 50 years as claimed. further, type in mark lunsford and you will see felonies, B&E and attempting to defraud /burning a dwelling. i have not seen this information published anywhere except on a site where i posted it ,( i am a moderator and we have a monster thread going) i have emailed FOX, CNN and a couple newspapers, as well as Greta and Nancy Grace. only Greta acknowledged. i have also spoken to a contact at citrus county SO who agrees with me that of course the sheriff isn't telling all he knows. i wouldn't expect him to. .... thanks. lindaGood and to the point. Did you link them to this thread?

Anyway, I appreciate Mom of 6's input and perspective. Welcome to the garden,, hope you stick around.
Beth

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by Beth »

Katsleuth wrote:

I saw the grandfather and the grandmother on Greta on Sunday evening. Their demeanors and affects were bothersome to me - both seem strangely detached, too matter-of-fact, and the grandmother seemed just a tad too defensive. When asked by Greta what she thought happened to Jessica, the grandmother hesitated, and then said "I don't know." I saw the grandfather being questioned (not sure if it was on the same show) as to the 50 year old charges. He responded by emphasizing that the charges were dropped, but he did not outright deny guilt, including the charge of rape or attempted rape.
I didn't get to see this, but I might reply as the grandma did. If they are innocent, what a horrible thought to think of. I think it is interesting the grandfather did not deny guilt.

I hate to point the finger here, but this whole family just keeps looking worse the more info that is uncovered. I only pray that there is resolution to finding Jessica, but I fear the resolution will not be one of a happy ending. Regardless, she needs to be found, laid to rest, if she is no longer living. The guilty party, above all, must be brought to justice.
Yes, but if the killer is clever enough, he could get away with it. One thing, if the dad or grandpa are the killers, they cannot afford high priced lawyers to protect them from police prosecution as I feel that I've seen done in the past.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

Beth wrote:

Good and to the point. Did you link them to this thread? no, i didn't. no particular reason. as to criminal families, you'd be amazed, my county jail has entire families locked up, mothers and kids, grandfathers and their grandkids and kids, sisters, cousins, on and on ad nauseum. my sheriff dept. arrested 4 generations in a huge drug raid last month.it shouldn't amaze me anymore, but you would think somebody would want to break the cycle. oh well, off-topic. sorry.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

luv352 wrote: Mother of 6, What area are you from. I also live in Citrus Cty. Lecanto Area. i hope i'm not out of line to say she lives in the same town as Jessica.( i think she said that here.)
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

it's my understanding that mark has no siblings. i think the charles thing is a blind alley. or an AKA/alias used by mark.
legaleagle

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by legaleagle »

3kidzforme wrote: I did read on another forum (maybe CourtTV) that the Archie Lunsford from the records @ NC DOC is NOT the same as the grandpa ~ different middle initials I think is what they said.

It was also stated that Charles may be a brother to Mark ~ therefore the resemblences.

I believe the pics of the cousin Kristy & her husband were posted to show a family history of violence & criminals. As one person posted, the cousin's husband looks awfully scary. And that the record grandpa "supposidly" has at the NC DOC for attempted rape of a child, could possibly put the cousin as the victim ~ something like she would have been 11 at the time of the 1970 something case ~ if it is truly grandpa.

[It has been mentioned here that the abandoned trailers need to be checked around their home .... Mark mentioned that in a recent article stating the family was starting their own search. Yeah, it would be pretty unnerving if the family happens to find Jessica when le hasn't been able to.]

Since we now have some pretty convincing info from the immediate neigbhorhood that abducting Jessica from her bed is an absurd proposition given the number of easy targets roaming the streets in the immediate neigbhorhood at all hours, you can forget about any "stranger" in this case.

Outside Mark and Archie, the only remote other possibility is that someone known to Jessica lured her outside that night while the grandparents slept.

With respect to Mark finding her body, if Jessica had been sexually abused, he would be signing his or his fathers death warrant so I doubt that Mark is going to find the body and the abuse angle is probably the only one that has any merit if in fact Jessica has been murdered. That is why I posed the question earlier as to whether authorities had screened for other forensic material in Jessica's bedroom besides blood.

I still want to know why grandma has not been given a lie detector test. She seems to be the weak link here emotionally. Her test results might raise some eyebrows.

Also we have heard nothing about the time between when Jessica got home from church and when Mark showed up at the girlfriends. My bet is that if something happened, it happened then not in the early morning hours.

Also we heard that Mark was getting ready to go to work that morning - but I keep reading that he is unemployed???????????????
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

well mark is unemployed now, he's on the fund-raising and party circuit. living free. and i hear grandma was to be polygraphed this week. it's all useless as far as i am concerned.
robinseggs

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by robinseggs »

random wrote: Well, I have read the entire thread and still not much closer to anything other than Mark or the Grandfather.

I am new and I will try to keep an open mind, but the shopping thing really bugs me.

Well I have been gone for a few days......trying to catch up/read the thread....I am confused..what is the "shopping thing"? Also wanted everyone to know as bad as it sounds, I am now convinced more than ever that the grandfather is guilty here. I woke up out of a dead sleep the other night (2 am) to see the grandparents with Greta on CNN..........boy was it chilling!!!!!! That grandfather is hiding something for sure........that is all I saw and fell right back asleep. How strange is that?!!!
Nature laughs Last
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

hello Bugs, and welcome to FG. if you read this entire thread (i know it's long) you will see that i for one have been pointing out exactly those items about mark. whether he was involved or not he is a publicity-seeking weasel who's all about the cash.$$$$ i'm not impressed he went back to work, he has a motive for that too i am sure. probably worried about his image, need to keep the donations rolling in after all.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

momof6 wrote: :-5 http://www.wtvt.com/ if you look here under missing 9 yr old girl there is a small paragraph that tells you that (Mark) went back to work Yesterday... hope this helps :-5 actually click on news to the right of teh page

then top stories and then scroll down to the fourth story .. :-5The father of Jessica Lunsford is holding a meeting Wednesday night to organize another search. Mark Lunsford returned to work Tuesday, for the first time since his daughter's disappearance. He's asking volunteers to show up at his Homosassa home around 6 tonight to plan a search for this weekend. Jessica's father wants to look beyond the sheriff's perimeter. Investigators say about 3,000 leads have come in -- but nothing concrete. Jessica last seen in her home in Citrus County two weeks ago Wednesday.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

hello Random, welcome to FG.:) .......i don't think anyone here said anything about trailer homes or 'trailer trash' did they?:confused:
kensloft

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by kensloft »

lady cop wrote: The father of Jessica Lunsford is holding a meeting Wednesday night to organize another search. Mark Lunsford returned to work Tuesday, for the first time since his daughter's disappearance. He's asking volunteers to show up at his Homosassa home around 6 tonight to plan a search for this weekend. Jessica's father wants to look beyond the sheriff's perimeter. Investigators say about 3,000 leads have come in -- but nothing concrete. Jessica last seen in her home in Citrus County two weeks ago Wednesday.
Too many leads muddy the waters?
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

that was a newspaper blurb...i read TIPS for leads. and all tips have to be evaluated, sometimes it take 30 seconds, sometimes it deserves investigation. what concerns me is the planned all-civilian search...LE supervises searches to prevent any findings from being compromised as evidence. and that includes a body. of course they are free to search all they want, i personally feel the sheriff's posse covered all ground. and if mark is so concerned about searching, why wait until saturday? it's cold out there in the scrub at night. or in "abandoned buildings". i think it's all for show, and will be quite interested in seeing how many people turn up. those that do will be sincere people wanting to help i am sure. it's mark's motives that have had my radar vibrating from day 1.
lady cop

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by lady cop »

any and all questions are valid ones.
legaleagle

AMBER ALERT--Florida

Post by legaleagle »

3kidzforme wrote: Is it possible to not plead for the perp to not hurt her because that may intice the perp to do just that?

Unless this is a faked kidnapping staged by Mark to scam sympathetic people out of their money, worrying about Jessica's well being at this point in time is probably not realistic. Catching the perp needs to be the concern at this point. For him to get away with this because no evidence is found would be an even greater tragedy.

Then again, Mark has been involved in scams before so I guess you can hope he tried one again here and that she will show up somewhere unhurt now that the money has rolled in in large amounts. It seemed "funny' that he was able to get up a personal website for raising money in no short order. I can't say that that idea would have been at the forefront of my thoughts if my daughter was the one kidnapped.

I sense everyone's frustration with the current state of affairs but we should not be beating up on each other here. What we can hope is that those charged with running the investigation might find some of the suggestions made here useful to them.

Return to “Amber Alert Forum”