Krammys Travels

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky;598369 wrote: Haha!!! I reckon you should start plotting to get your own back there mate!:sneaky:

It'll keep, I won't forget..............
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

On Friday, I returned from Cyprus and what can only be described as THE best week of my life. The country, people and weather were fantastic. We stayed on the south-east side of the island, so Nomad will be relieved to know that we were only 100 miles from Syria, 120 miles from Beirut in Lebanon and as close a 250 miles from Iraq, so almost the Middle East. Greek cuisine was astounding as were the Chinese, Mexican and Japanese restaurants we visited. Like Portugal, it was faily quiet, but we were never bored. Cycled along the coast one day to just south of the border with the territory occupied by the Turks. We wanted to get the train to Nicosia which is a divided city where you can now pass into the occupied area, but unfortunately, there are no trains in Cyprus. As old Krammy is all loved up these days, I thought I'd attach some lovely views ;)

Attached files

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Kathy Ellen;602739 wrote: Oh Krammy,

I am soooooooo jealous. You're in my favorite places...reading "A Year in the World" about Italy, Portugal, etc. right now. Where is Venice Beach on the T-shirt? Hope you had a good time.
Venice Beach is an amazing place on the California coast

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Almost forgot...... I did Elton Johns "Your Song", Paul Youngs "Wherever I Lay Hat" and Neil Diamonds "Longfellow Serenade" at the Karaoke Bar

"A Star is Born" said The Cyprus Times :D

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Last weekend, I went camping for the very first time. Me and Lee went to South Wales and it was in at the deep end with heavy rain the first night and most of the second day. The last day was ok until we started to take the tent down and then torrential rain caught us out. Oh how we laughed :rolleyes: Despite being a Bank Holiday it was quiet as you can see from the beach. Think the weather forecast put most people off. I enjoyed it though. I didn't realise p1ssing in a bucket could be so much fun.

Attached files

WonderWendy3

Krammys Travels

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Beautiful pics Krammy!! I'm jealous!!:-4
SuzyB

Krammys Travels

Post by SuzyB »

Hi Pic's are great, Lee looks lovely :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

SuzyB;625951 wrote: Hi Pic's are great, Lee looks lovely :-6

Really?....I hadn't noticed. :D

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Pinky;625956 wrote: Looks like a beautiful location, even if you did get caught by the rain!:-6 Well the rain on the tent was strangely relaxing. Kinda cosy inside and a good excuse for a lie in ;)

WonderWendy3

Krammys Travels

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Uncle Kram;625959 wrote: Well the rain on the tent was strangely relaxing. Kinda cosy inside and a good excuse for a lie in ;)

I love sleeping in a tent in the rain...well as long as it's a good tent with NO leaks!!:-6
SuzyB

Krammys Travels

Post by SuzyB »

Uncle Kram;625955 wrote: Really?....I hadn't noticed. :D

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :-4

SuzyB

Krammys Travels

Post by SuzyB »

WonderWendy3;625960 wrote: I love sleeping in a tent in the rain...well as long as it's a good tent with NO leaks!!:-6

That's your accommodation sorted for your visit to us :sneaky: :-4

WonderWendy3

Krammys Travels

Post by WonderWendy3 »

SuzyB;625965 wrote: That's your accommodation sorted for your visit to us :sneaky: :-4

Fine by me!! I'm not hard to get along with....:D
Nomad

Krammys Travels

Post by Nomad »

Well peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers I guess you did have fun !

I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Krammys Travels

Post by CARLA »

Krammy you have never camped before amazing. I will say this is pretty posh camping. I have been on trips where you have to dig your own toilet. :eek:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

CARLA;627656 wrote: Krammy you have never camped before amazing. I will say this is pretty posh camping. I have been on trips where you have to dig your own toilet. :eek:
No - first time camping.......unless you count those 2 nights at that Gay bar in Birmingham :o :D

zinkyusa

Krammys Travels

Post by zinkyusa »

looking good kraminator:D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

I'm off camping again next weekend for 4 days. We are staying near to Poole on the South coast. I asked my girlfriend where Poole was. She said "In Dorset"

I said " I can thoroughly recommend it" :yh_giggle

pinkchick

Krammys Travels

Post by pinkchick »

Hope you enjoy it Krammy;) :wah:
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Imladris

Krammys Travels

Post by Imladris »

Uncle Kram;656338 wrote: I'm off camping again next weekend for 4 days. We are staying near to Poole on the South coast. I asked my girlfriend where Poole was. She said "In Dorset"

I said " I can thoroughly recommend it" :yh_giggle

That was quite subtle - I had to read that again before I got that!!

We're going to Wool at the end of August which is in the same sort of area - if you find anywhere nice to visit (pubs included) let me know!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Pheasy

Krammys Travels

Post by Pheasy »

Imladris;656350 wrote: That was quite subtle - I had to read that again before I got that!!

We're going to Wool at the end of August which is in the same sort of area - if you find anywhere nice to visit (pubs included) let me know!!

:wah: I know I just got up n all. But I don't get it. I've read it 6 times. Can someone explain to this thick birdy :-6
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Well it was second time out for the happy camper over the last 4 days down on the south coast.

It rained heavily but only while we were in the tent. :-6

We went to Poole Quay and harbour, Bournemouth, Weymouth, Chesil Beach, Portland Bill, Christchurch, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and Lymington and had a great time. Here's some evidence.

Attached files

neffy

Krammys Travels

Post by neffy »

i love poole it is not that far from me:-6
The rottie queen
neffy

Krammys Travels

Post by neffy »

Uncle Kram;662909 wrote: Well it was second time out for the happy camper over the last 4 days down on the south coast.

It rained heavily but only while we were in the tent. :-6

We went to Poole Quay and harbour, Bournemouth, Weymouth, Chesil Beach, Portland Bill, Christchurch, Lulworth Cove, Durdle Door and Lymington and had a great time. Here's some evidence.

phesey comes from lymington
The rottie queen
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

neffy;662920 wrote: i love poole it is not that far from me:-6 The night before we went away I was playing up the woman on the supermarket checkout as per usual and she asked where we were going. I said we were off to Poole and she said "That's a coincidence, my surname's Poole".

I asked her if her first name was Jean.:yh_giggle

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

neffy;662921 wrote: phesey comes from lymington I know, There was a plaque on a house that proclaimed "Pheasey lived here" :D

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

While the camping bug is still biting, Saturday will see me on the Stairway to Devon for 5 days. Yet again the forecast is for heavy rain. :rolleyes: This sojourn will primarily be in the north of the county. Sorry Immy.

We will be hooking up with my friends from Spain at some point before taking in some of the North-west coast of Cornwall. Sorry Boops.

I will probably bore you to death with some pictorial moments when I return....but you already knew that didn't you? :o :D

Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;673022 wrote: While the camping bug is still biting, Saturday will see me on the Stairway to Devon for 5 days. Yet again the forecast is for heavy rain. :rolleyes: This sojourn will primarily be in the north of the county. Sorry Immy.

We will be hooking up with my friends from Spain at some point before taking in some of the North-west coast of Cornwall. Sorry Boops.

I will probably bore you to death with some pictorial moments when I return....but you already knew that didn't you? :o :D

Well, everyone knows that my part of Cornwall is the best, you'll have to save the best bit for another time! I'll apolgise to Theia for you! :wah:
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Here are some of the pics from North Devon. On the way down we took a detour off the motorway as it was crawling and we passed through a village called Mark. I said I should have posed by the village sign. As you can see, that's just what Lee did in the village of Lee.

My friends sister who lives in North Devon is a lesbian so I thought it best not to take a photo of her in the village of Dyke. :lips:

We stayed in Barnstaple and went to Hartland, Clovelly, Westward Ho!, Appledore, Braunton, Saunton Sands, Woolacombe, Ilfracombe, Lee, Mortehoe, Lynton & Lynmouth (and Minehead on the way back). We cycled on the Tarka trail too. Couldn't believe we cycled 15 miles then went to the unbelievably steep village of Clovelly and then onto a steep coastal drop at Hartland. Slept well that night I don't mind telling you, despite the torrential rain on the tent (again)

Attached files

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

More pics.

Attached files

sunny104

Krammys Travels

Post by sunny104 »

beautiful pics, Krammy!! :-6

I'm so happy for you. :-4
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Great Pics Kram and Lee!! :-4

Does that sign really say 'No Porking' :wah::wah:
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Betty Boop;677394 wrote: Great Pics Kram and Lee!! :-4

Does that sign really say 'No Porking' :wah::wah:
Yeah - I had to compose myself before I composed the picture :wah:

pinkchick

Krammys Travels

Post by pinkchick »

Great pics Kram:D
Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;677436 wrote: Yeah - I had to compose myself before I composed the picture :wah:

Surprised you could hold the camera still :wah:
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Well, after just 3 camping trips it was about time for a tent upgrade. :rolleyes: :wah:

The tent we had was a 6-berth but you couldn't stand up in it and I'm not getting any younger :o

We managed to get a £250 8-berth tent yesterday for £100. Two of us are certainly going to rattle around in it. There are 3 bedrooms and a 10foot square area in the middle. As Carla said, this is posh camping. Going to a local campsite next weekend to see how the erection goes. I'll post a pic......and also one of the tent being put up. :yh_giggle

Betty Boop

Krammys Travels

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram;678915 wrote: Well, after just 3 camping trips it was about time for a tent upgrade. :rolleyes: :wah:

The tent we had was a 6-berth but you couldn't stand up in it and I'm not getting any younger :o

We managed to get a £250 8-berth tent yesterday for £100. Two of us are certainly going to rattle around in it. There are 3 bedrooms and a 10foot square area in the middle. As Carla said, this is posh camping. Going to a local campsite next weekend to see how the erection goes. I'll post a pic......and also one of the tent being put up. :yh_giggle

Hehehehe Can't wait! Whats your name Jimbo, using up all the smileys lol
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Hi Folks. It's time to think about packing again. I'm off to the island of Zakynthos, also known as Zante on Sep 16 (it's all Greek to me :rolleyes:). Then I'm also off to the Spanish island of Majorca in October. (Yeah, I'm talking a load of Balaerics :D)

:-6

Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

I know their English is better than my Greek and I shouldn't laugh, but this amused me on my recent excursion. The shipwreck was on the north of the island. Great weather and great Greek food.

Attached files

pinkchick

Krammys Travels

Post by pinkchick »

Uncle Kram;700848 wrote: I know their English is better than my Greek and I shouldn't laugh, but this amused me on my recent excursion. The shipwreck was on the north of the island. Great weather and great Greek food.

Hey Kram - we were all wondering where you've been hiding.

Hope you enjoyed Zante :D
chrisb84uk

Krammys Travels

Post by chrisb84uk »

You are so lucky Kram being able to visit so many wonderful places with such wonderful scenery. Thanks a lot for sharing them with us! :-6
Uncle Kram

Krammys Travels

Post by Uncle Kram »

Hello kiddy-winks.

Unc here reporting from the Balearic Island of Majorca. There hasn´t been much sunshine since we arrived early on Friday, with most of the days being cloudy. I'm here with Laura in Cala D´0r. There are a lot of calas here (that´s coves to you lot :D). They are a bit strange as they're much deeper than they are wide. Our hotel is near Cala Gran and the other coves are within a short walking distance. The island appears to be under German occupation so we´ve been eating a lot of sausages to fit in. What a disappointing time it`s been on the sporting front. Villa trounced by Manchester United ( no comments Abbey :rolleyes:), England seen off in the Rugby World Cup Final, and no debut glory for Mr. Hamilton on the F1. Not a lot to sing about while wé've been watching in the bars. Foods been great so far and I've had a few beers for Nomad and Acc as it seemed the gentlemanly thing to do. Hope you are all well. Off to check Rightmove now as my house has been added for sale. Toodle pip.

Return to “Travel Vacation”