Mike in IS

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
mikeinie

Mike in IS

Post by mikeinie »

Hi everyone, I have been missing for a while (anyone notice??). Things have been crazy lately, I wich I could tell you all about it, but I can’t for now, maybe someday though, very interesting stuff.

Anyhow, I am away on another business trip to a place I always have wanted to go, Reykjavik, Iceland. Unfortunatly it is raining like hell, which is going to reduce the things I wanted to do like swim in the Blue Lagoon. I am here until Friday morning so I hope to get in as much as I can.

Take care

mikeinie
YZGI

Mike in IS

Post by YZGI »

Welcome back Mike. Hope you had a great time and have another great time on the next one. I'm jealous.:D
minks

Mike in IS

Post by minks »

welcome back, yep we missed ya. :)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
SuzyB

Mike in IS

Post by SuzyB »

Welcome back, I was wondering what you were up to :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

along-for-the-ride

Mike in IS

Post by along-for-the-ride »

welcome back...welcome back...welcome back:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
mikeinie

Mike in IS

Post by mikeinie »

As posted, I was on a business trip to Iceland, even though the second day was forecasted to be very heavy rain, with high winds, it turned out to be sunny (with high winds). I took in a tour of an area called the ‘Golden Circle’ which takes you though some Lava fields to a Glacier waterfall, and then to Geyser on the way back. It was fabulous. What a unique and wonder country. The water is so pure they add nothing at all to it, all their electricity is geothermal and completely pollution free. All of their hot water is provided by the government again heated by the steam that comes from the ground. It is an expensive place, but a ‘must see before you die’ kind of place.

here are a few pics:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
mikeinie

Mike in IS

Post by mikeinie »

A few more: these are 3 sequence shot of a geyser erupting:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Betty Boop

Mike in IS

Post by Betty Boop »

Wow, I'm so jealous, those photos are amazing! Good to see you back :-6
spot

Mike in IS

Post by spot »

Wonderful place Mike, I so hope to get there one day and see it myself. I'm glad the weather cleared and you got a chance to get about.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Travel Vacation”