Turkey - any thoughts?

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
wardah

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by wardah »

Hello! I have a week off next week, and I'm planning on heading up to Turkey for the duration, anyone got any recommendations or tips on where to go? I've been to Istanbul, just for a few days before, and plan on ending up there, but not sure on where else (and can't seem to find a lonely planet anywhere - doh)

I'll probably have about 10 days soo, any ideas?
sunny104

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by sunny104 »

I'm having turkey for lunch! :D
gmc

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by gmc »

Imladris

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Imladris »

I don't know owt about Turkey but you saying you're heading up to there is interesting - whereabouts are you?
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Chezzie

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Chezzie »

I went to Altinkum in Turkey about 11 years ago...Loved it. Went to Tunisia about 20 years ago and disliked it ALOT.

For me the best holiday destination would have to be Mexico so if you can get to Cancun instead your in for a treat.:-6
Bryn Mawr

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

wardah;768501 wrote: Hello! I have a week off next week, and I'm planning on heading up to Turkey for the duration, anyone got any recommendations or tips on where to go? I've been to Istanbul, just for a few days before, and plan on ending up there, but not sure on where else (and can't seem to find a lonely planet anywhere - doh)

I'll probably have about 10 days soo, any ideas?

If you fly into Istanbul then you can take the ferry down the Sea of Marmara - there's a resort down there called Erdek that we went to some time ago.

I would strongly recommend it as an alternative to your beach club and booze resorts and a way to see more of the Turkish way of life.
hoxtonchris

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by hoxtonchris »

if you go to marmaris or bodrum you can get a ferry to the greek island of rhodes,a much better choice!the greeks are gentle respectfull folk whereas turks tend to be more tactile.and they love blondes!!
KarmaDoodle

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

So jealous! I wish I had two weeks off for Istanbul. I've always dreamed of the big bazaars!
Chezzie

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Chezzie »

Another beautiful place is Alu Deniz

I found this link whilst looking for a pic that may be of interest...nice music playing too lol http://www.pbase.com/cykbertha/turkey

some pics of Alu Deniz here http://www.mytravel.com/turkeydalaman/o ... niz+turkey
wardah

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by wardah »

thanks for the suggestions everyone :) - have loaded up those pages so I can look at them when I get home (don't have the internet at home so have to use it in an internet cafe mone grone chiz) but I look forward to having a read through them later
wardah

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by wardah »

Imladris;768518 wrote: I don't know owt about Turkey but you saying you're heading up to there is interesting - whereabouts are you?

I'm in syria - in damascus for the year studying arabic, it's great! although it is quite horribly cold right now as there's no central heating :(
saffy

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by saffy »

Jump off a mountain.

Seriously, it's the home of paragliding..I did it with my old man a couple of years ago when we went to olu deniz.

The mud baths are quite good fun as well.
Nomad

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Nomad »

Do NOT try to score hashish.

Hear me ? Just walk way.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Turkey - any thoughts?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Chezzie;768635 wrote: I went to Altinkum in Turkey about 11 years ago...Loved it. Went to Tunisia about 20 years ago and disliked it ALOT.

For me the best holiday destination would have to be Mexico so if you can get to Cancun instead your in for a treat.:-6

Hi Chezzie,

I've never been to Tunisia....what didn't you like about it...

Cancun sounds great...

Return to “Travel Vacation”