Where next?

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Magic Rhino

Where next?

Post by Magic Rhino »

I am a travelling man and done a bit, but need somewhere exciting to visit next. Since Oct 2007 I have seen Madeira, Rome, Florence, Verona, Venice and Istanbul. I have also visited some of the Netherlands, Germany and France.

Anyone got somewhere exciting to recommend in Europe, somewhere that is architectural rich or has places of interest that will make great photos, as I am a bit of a photographer - my hobby.

Enjoy the rest of the day
kazalala

Where next?

Post by kazalala »

I have been to Madeira, and my son as born in Germany:D I loved Madeira even though i only spent a day there, do you have any pics you vould post here?

heres a couple a i took of Madeira from the cable car:D Have you been to Brugges in Belgium, thats a lovely place too. You can click on the pics to make them larger.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
KarmaDoodle

Where next?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I love visiting South America. I haven't spent very much time in Central America, however. I was looking at these Royal Holiday destinations and gathering some pretty strong wanderlust -

http://www.club.royal-holiday.com/index ... inations=0

Have you traveled to South America much?
spot

Where next?

Post by spot »

Leningrad in mid-summer makes a great couple of weeks with a camera, so would any of the Baltic States. I spent a while taking photos around the Masurian Lakes once which, while very flat, have a wonderful calm and some very clean skylines. Around Bialystok and north and west from there. All of those locations have more architecture than one could adequately handle in a lifetime, all with huge historical associations.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clodhopper

Where next?

Post by Clodhopper »

Just a suggestion, but have you looked round GB much? Durham with its cathedral, Hay-on-Wye (both still on my "to do" list), pretty much anywhere in Scotland apart from Dundee, Snowdonia, Devon, the Pennines...
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Vinny_Mac

Where next?

Post by Vinny_Mac »

I can strongly recommend Prague - its a beautiful city with an incredible cultural heritage. The main square and castle are both great, and there's a place about 45 minutes journey away on the train which has an ossory decorated with bones. Its a bit creepy, but the effect is incredible and I'm sure you'd get some good shots there. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the place but I think its mentioned in one of the major guidebooks (Lonely Planet or Rough Guide), or you could ask at tourist information if you go to Prague.

Plus, the night-life is pretty good, with plenty jazz bars, cellar bars, clubs, concert houses and restraunts.
KarmaDoodle

Where next?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

Vinny_Mac;869997 wrote: I can strongly recommend Prague - its a beautiful city with an incredible cultural heritage. The main square and castle are both great, and there's a place about 45 minutes journey away on the train which has an ossory decorated with bones. Its a bit creepy, but the effect is incredible and I'm sure you'd get some good shots there. I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the place but I think its mentioned in one of the major guidebooks (Lonely Planet or Rough Guide), or you could ask at tourist information if you go to Prague.

Plus, the night-life is pretty good, with plenty jazz bars, cellar bars, clubs, concert houses and restraunts.

I've heard a lot of good things about Prague as well. You can take Ryan Air for cheap - visit London during the day and drink in prague at night for cheap.
chrisb84uk

Where next?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Wow I wish I had been around as much as some of you, all I really get is to travel around the UK every now and then. Hopefully I'll get to travel a lot though sometime soon! :-6
Lon

Where next?

Post by Lon »

How about Lisbon, Madrid, Valencia & Barcelona, all great for picture taking.

Do it by train.
petunia

Where next?

Post by petunia »

Have you ever been to Istanbul? It is one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited on so many levels - architecture, food, culture, history...it's beautiful!
Chookie

Where next?

Post by Chookie »

Clodhopper;846694 wrote: Just a suggestion, but have you looked round GB much?.................. pretty much anywhere in Scotland apart from Dundee....

Oh, c'mon now, even Dundee has possibilities. Hell even London can be photogenic.......(OK slight exaggeration)
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
KarmaDoodle

Where next?

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I want to go to whichever Royal Holiday destination this person is at - scuba diving looks like a blast~!

http://www.royal-holidaycontest.com/photo.html
rusflame

Where next?

Post by rusflame »

:-6:-6Bratislava seemed to be the perfect location for another whistle-stop city-break tour in the heart of Europe. It’s a cultural hub of museums, palaces, beautiful churches of medieval Gothic architecture. Some places to visit are St Martiin’s Cathedral, St. Claire’s Church, Bratislava Castle, and the Slovak National Theatre. In Old Town, you can find nice restaurants and great shopping. You can make an extension to Bratislava from Vienna for one night, or just make a stop en route to Prague I guess and see all three beautiful cities within one trip. For your convenience you can book your entire voyage through the tour operator. I’ve been to Bratislava and now I am going to Viena and Prague this August. I’ve already made an arrangement with [moderator-deleted product placement], which I’ve been highly recommended. I am really looking forward to that trip.
Chezzie

Where next?

Post by Chezzie »

Portugal, Turkey, Minorca, Majorca, Mexico, Dominican Republic, lovely:-6
LilLaura

Where next?

Post by LilLaura »

I just came back from my ten days vacation in India. I visited a friend from college (he owns some India property which came in quite handy; no money spent on a hotel :)) who works in India now and I really liked it there. The weather was great and it was almost a perfect vacation. The next country I would like to visit is South Africa, Australia, Austria. :)
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road. - Henry Ward Beecher
usernew

Where next?

Post by usernew »

I suggest you to go India. Because there are many interesting places which is world wide famous like, Golden temple, Taj mahal, Red fort, Bodhgaya, Manali and many more. India is a beautiful country for visit.

Return to “Travel Vacation”