The Labor Day Holiday Weekend!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
cars

Post by cars »

Anybody doing anything special for the holiday weekend?

I hate traveling long distances on a holiday weekend. Having said that, we have to travel 114 miles to NJ on Sunday morning to attend my "wife's goddaughter's child's wedding". (wow, that's a mouthful) So anyway, we're spending the night at a local hotel, so I can indulge in a few "Harvey Walbangers", & Pinia Colodas! (I like disguised drinks!)
Cars :)
ButterflyPrincess

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

nope, stayin' home and BBQing with family and friends. :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Staying at home, and going out to eat tonight. :)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;967786 wrote: Anybody doing anything special for the holiday weekend?

I hate traveling long distances on a holiday weekend. Having said that, we have to travel 114 miles to NJ on Sunday morning to attend my "wife's goddaughter's child's wedding". (wow, that's a mouthful) So anyway, we're spending the night at a local hotel, so I can indulge in a few "Harvey Walbangers", & Pinia Colodas! (I like disguised drinks!)

Ahhhhhh Cars,

As you know this is such a tough weekend to travel, but it is now almost noon, and there are few people at the beach. Usually you can't move your car. So we plan to go to our favorite restaurant Klees tonight if it doesn't get crowded.

What area are you coming to in Noo Joisey if I may ask? Hope you have a lot of fun at the wedding.
Odie

Post by Odie »

going to see friends for a bbq tomorrow and just enjoy the 26C sunny weekend!

might take in ribfest, but tis so expensive!

we have a classic car, so we are going to our regular Cruise tonight
Life is just to short for drama.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Drink a pina colada for me! Hubby works all weekend and we both work Monday, so we won't be doing anything but working. I'm setting out hotdogs, chips, pretzels, etc. for the customers Monday and drinks will all be just $1. At least the customers get some sort of celebration. :rolleyes:
cars

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;967823 wrote: Ahhhhhh Cars,

As you know this is such a tough weekend to travel, but it is now almost noon, and there are few people at the beach. Usually you can't move your car. So we plan to go to our favorite restaurant Klees tonight if it doesn't get crowded.

What area are you coming to in Noo Joisey if I may ask? Hope you have a lot of fun at the wedding.
Totowa, I've heard of it, but never been there! Thank goodness for Mapquest!

And yes, we plan on having a blast at the wedding!!! Getting to visit with so many friends & relatives we haven't seen for some time!!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You will have so much, the journey will fly by and you will be there for the big ocassion.
cars

Post by cars »

Peg;967873 wrote: Drink a pina colada for me! Hubby works all weekend and we both work Monday, so we won't be doing anything but working. I'm setting out hotdogs, chips, pretzels, etc. for the customers Monday and drinks will all be just $1. At least the customers get some sort of celebration. :rolleyes:
I may even have 2 or 3 for you Peg!!! :D And then maybe 2 or 3 for me!!!

:wah: (That's why we took a hotel room there for the night:))

$1 drinks, can't beat that!!! ;)
cars

Post by cars »

chonsigirl;968071 wrote: You will have so much, the journey will fly by and you will be there for the big ocassion.
Yes you're absolutely right chonsi, seeing loved ones that live far away, now usually only happens at weddings & f-----ls! So this is the good one!!! :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

someone mentioned Pina Coladas?

I'm there!
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

I don't go anywhere during holiday's...too many people out and about and the traffic is just horrible. I much prefer to just hang out at home.
cars

Post by cars »

shelbell;968285 wrote: I don't go anywhere during holiday's...too many people out and about and the traffic is just horrible. I much prefer to just hang out at home.
That's the way I feel too. If it weren't for that wedding we have to "travel" to, we would have stayed local. And just had some friends over for a bbq on the back deck one day, & probably visited a local restaurant or two the others!!!:)

(come to think of it, will be signing off soon, have to go "play in traffic"!)
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hubby and I will have to work on Labor Day. The company we work for will pay us holiday pay and regular pay.So.........no barbeques for us. :wah:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;968285 wrote: I don't go anywhere during holiday's...too many people out and about and the traffic is just horrible. I much prefer to just hang out at home.

that is how we feel also, been there......................
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;968922 wrote: that is how we feel also, been there......................

Doesn't it seem as you get older you just don't wanna deal with all the hassle and crap? I know it does for me. :sneaky:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Im off to see the wizard

Wait no Im not Im going to the zoo
I AM AWESOME MAN
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;968979 wrote: Doesn't it seem as you get older you just don't wanna deal with all the hassle and crap? I know it does for me. :sneaky:

you said it hun, we went to see my son on the major highway that does lead up north, cottages, etc. one Sunday on a long weekend..........it is an hour drive...............it took us 2 hours to get there!

no patience anymore for this crap!

vehicles are speeding, people are drunk driving, not using signals, in and out of lanes...............nope, no patience!

and the price of gas and everything else you have to buy...................
cars

Post by cars »

cars;967786 wrote: Anybody doing anything special for the holiday weekend?

OK, just made it back from our holiday traveling journey! Surprisingly, (as we had hoped,) the "traffic" was moderate & was flowing at 60 to 70mph on Sunday morning! (All goodness) The wedding was a blast! Since the bride & groom rented two 40 seat luxury buses to take the wedding guests from the hotel where they booked our rooms at, for the 3 mile ride to the reception hall! ;)

And even more suprisingly, today, "labor day", when the masses start to travel home from their long holiday weekend, the traffic was again moderate, traveling at 60 to 70mph!!! But of course, they had to be & were the occasional kamikaze's out there! But for the most part most driver's drove responsibly! :)

(I'm glad to be back in the comfort of my own vila!:))
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, you had a great time! Luxury buses, that is so cool!
cars

Post by cars »

chonsigirl;969451 wrote: Wow, you had a great time! Luxury buses, that is so cool!
Yeah, and it was only a "3" mile ride O/W! We hardly sunk into the plush seats, and it was time to get off already! :wah: (But definately needed by many, after the wedding going back to hotel. Some of us would not have been able to drive) The entire wedding was extremely lavish from the beginning to the end!:)
guppy

Post by guppy »

I went camping by the beach..brought back sixty two sand dollars. :-6

Return to “Travel Vacation”