Heading South!!!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Well, we're heading South Wednesday morning, and we will remain there for the rest of the winter! Don't like the snow & ice & cold anymore, so need to get to the SUN!

Anyway, sometimes the phone company down South does not always get our internet needs up & running for us as scheduled. So it may be a few days before we get things sorted out & get connected properly! In the mean time, happy posting all!
Cars :)
kayleneaussie

Heading South!!!

Post by kayleneaussie »

Good on you for following the sun....you should come to Aussie:-6:-6 hope to see you back soon:D
FOC THREAD PART 1
abbey

Heading South!!!

Post by abbey »

Happy travels cars. :driving:

And dont worry, I shall take care of tlw :sneaky:
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

kayleneaussie;1073792 wrote: Good on you for following the sun....you should come to Aussie:-6:-6 hope to see you back soon:D
Thanks kay, I've always wanted to visit your lovely country! I used to work with a bunch of Aussies that came over from Hawker-de Havilland to work at my company here in the USA. They were the greatest fun loving bunch of guys I've ever met!!! And also the hardest working ones in my crew, we met our target schedule dates because of them!

Maybe someday I'll get the chance to get there! :)
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

abbey;1073794 wrote: Happy travels cars. :driving:

And dont worry, I shall take care of tlw :sneaky:
Thanks abbs, I know I can count on you to take good care of TLW! :)
Bez

Heading South!!!

Post by Bez »

cars;1073791 wrote: Well, we're heading South Wednesday morning, and we will remain there for the rest of the winter! Don't like the snow & ice & cold anymore, so need to get to the SUN!

Anyway, sometimes the phone company down South does not always get our internet needs up & running for us as scheduled. So it may be a few days before we get things sorted out & get connected properly! In the mean time, happy posting all!

Lucky you

ENJOY the sunshine....wish it was me as it's freezing here.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
OpenMind

Heading South!!!

Post by OpenMind »

Have a good journey. See ya when ya get to your winter abode, Cars.:driving:
qsducks

Heading South!!!

Post by qsducks »

See you in a few days Cars! Good thing you didn't leave on Sunday.:-5
Odie

Heading South!!!

Post by Odie »

cars;1073791 wrote: Well, we're heading South Wednesday morning, and we will remain there for the rest of the winter! Don't like the snow & ice & cold anymore, so need to get to the SUN!

NICE!

send me a postcard!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Mustang

Heading South!!!

Post by Mustang »

Have a safe journey Cars and we'll see you in a few days! :driving:
Betty Boop

Heading South!!!

Post by Betty Boop »

See you soon Cars! :-6
dubs

Heading South!!!

Post by dubs »

Enjoy the sun! It's brass monkey weather here..:wah:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
chonsigirl

Heading South!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Have a safe journey, I'll keep TLW safe until you return. :D
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhhh Cars:-4

Lucky you:-6 have loads of fun....I'm going to St. Petersburg in Feb. for a wedding and then again for the summer;)

Wish I could go now...but...damn...I hafta work:-1
Patsy Warnick

Heading South!!!

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Several had to look at your profile to see where "South "- before asking.:)

Enjoy the sun

I couldn't do your COLD either..

Patsy
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Thanks all for your kind replies! :) I'll be thinking of you all when I hit the SUN!!! Oh Yeah, just remembered, gotta get the Sun Tan lotion & stink it in my carry on!!! Need to put it on as soon as we land, "before" I get in the :-6!!
Peg

Heading South!!!

Post by Peg »

Have a safe trip and send some of the warmth this way. :-6
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1074568 wrote: Thanks all for your kind replies! :) I'll be thinking of you all when I hit the SUN!!! Oh Yeah, just remembered, gotta get the Sun Tan lotion & stink it in my carry on!!! Need to put it on as soon as we land, "before" I get in the :-6!!

Hi Cars...I know we've talked about the auto train before, but have you thought about booking it one day? For July, I booked a "roomette."...Looks very cool. You can go on Amtrak.com to see the small rooms.
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1074700 wrote: Hi Cars...I know we've talked about the auto train before, but have you thought about booking it one day? For July, I booked a "roomette."...Looks very cool. You can go on Amtrak.com to see the small rooms.
Hi KE, yes we have talked about the AT, and no I haven't change my mind. I would never consider booking it! As I would have to drive the hardest part (heaviest traffic area for 300 miles) from NE to Virginia, & then again in Florida getting off the train & then drive another 2-1/2 hour ride to my villa. Actually, to me, the trains travels the easiest part of the ride, through the Carolinas, & Georgia, & northern Florida.

As for just the "roomette", I did travel in them a dozen years ago, (my wife didn't go with me) when I still did not like to go by plane! It is very, very small, no walking around, just a seat, and another seat that turns into a toilet. (That's the one good thing, you have your own private toilet, not like in the cars, "one" common toilet for Women & one common toilet for men totaling 45+ people in the car) The bunk bed is in the wall, & at bed time the porter comes around & pulls it out & sets it up for you! It will be an experience for you. The best part of the ride was in the club car, & dining car, where I/you could talk to the people around you.

Well enjoy your trip in July, I'm sure it will be a memorable trip for you!

Going by plane, like in about "12" hours from now, we get on the plane at 7am & walla, at 10 am, we're there!!!:) So . . . . .
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

OK, hi all, finally back on line, glad to be back!!! Our flight down South was great, very smooth, & it even took off right on time!

Well, as anticipated, AT&T "South" messed up our phone connection requirements again this year. Same as the last four years. After many calls, finally got connected this morning at 2am! Well anyway, it was :-6 today & around 75 degrees, a lot better then the 21 degrees we left back up North! Now where did I put my Sun tan lotion?:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1078214 wrote: OK, hi all, finally back on line, glad to be back!!! Our flight down South was great, very smooth, & it even took off right on time!

Well, as anticipated, AT&T "South" messed up our phone connection requirements again this year. Same as the last four years. After many calls, finally got connected this morning at 2am! Well anyway, it was :-6 today & around 75 degrees, a lot better then the 21 degrees we left back up North! Now where did I put my Sun tan lotion?:wah:

Oh Cars, I'm so glad you and the Mrs. arrived safe and sound:-4. Originally, I thought you were driving down and I know what a hell of a ride that is....yukkkkkkky......pukkkkkky.....oy vey......barffff...barffff..:yh_sick:yh_sick:driving::wah:.

Have a wonderful winter in Florida;):-6

Good to hear from you...put that lotion on:D
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1078224 wrote: Oh Cars, I'm so glad you and the Mrs. arrived safe and sound:-4. Originally, I thought you were driving down and I know what a hell of a ride that is....yukkkkkkky......pukkkkkky.....oy vey......barffff...barffff..:yh_sick:yh_sick:driving::wah:.

Have a wonderful winter in Florida;):-6

Good to hear from you...put that lotion on:D
Thanks KE, :-4 I'm working on trying to find a way to "bottle some of that Sunshine"!! If I do, I'll be sure to send you the first bottle! :D
nok

Heading South!!!

Post by nok »

Have a wonderful time in the South and please tell us about your trip when you get back, okay ?
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
sunny104

Heading South!!!

Post by sunny104 »

have a wonderful time at your second home! :-6

I'm hoping to get back to Florida sometime this year too. :-6
qsducks

Heading South!!!

Post by qsducks »

Hi Cars...glad you both got there in record time. Yes, flying is sooo much faster. Drove to VA once and it took 6 hours. Never again.
shelbell

Heading South!!!

Post by shelbell »

I saw some geese doing that yesterday! :wah:
shelbell

Heading South!!!

Post by shelbell »

jimbo;1074279 wrote: i think immy and shellybelly said parts of them are heading south :thinking::thinking:

mwaaaaoooooohhhh mwaaaaaaooooohhh:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i mean good luck cars safe journey :-6:-6

And just exactly what parts are going Jimbutt? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Thanks nok, but I'll be here for 5 months, so telling about my trip when I get back would take a week to write! ;)

Thanks sunny, hope you are able to get back here to the Sun too!:)

Hi qsd, yes going by plane is the only way to go! I can't really believe I just said that! As upto about a dozen or so years ago, I would never fly, always drove, I was terrified to fly! Then one day, just got on plane, had a great flight, and the rest is history, only a flyer now! ;)

Hi shel, those geese have the right idea!! :D
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Odie;1074180 wrote: NICE!

send me a postcard!:yh_rotfl
OK, here's the only postcard I could find, realy, no really! :p

Attached files
librtyhead

Heading South!!!

Post by librtyhead »

I just recieved a large box of oranges and grapefruit today from my sister in Fla. I will have a grapefruit breakfast on Sunday and pretend I am gazing apon the marina as I watch the snow tumble down.
AussiePam

Heading South!!!

Post by AussiePam »

I had coffee with a very nice Floridian yesterday. She and her hubby are visiting sunny, summery Sydney to see in the New Year!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Heading South!!!

Post by 911 »

Ah, another Snow Bird landing in the South!

OK, here's the rules, (you should know them by now)no jaywalking across the streets, drive faster than 20 mph and do not attempt to make lemonade by ordering water and lemons--waitresses hate that!:yh_rotfl

Enjoy the sun in Florida. I hope you're in south Florida, with the weather we've been having here in the south, you're liable to get snow this winter! :wah::-6

Have fun and don't forget the cheesy souvenirs!!!:p
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

911;1091272 wrote: Ah, another Snow Bird landing in the South!

OK, here's the rules, (you should know them by now)no jaywalking across the streets, drive faster than 20 mph and do not attempt to make lemonade by ordering water and lemons--waitresses hate that!:yh_rotfl

Enjoy the sun in Florida. I hope you're in south Florida, with the weather we've been having here in the south, you're liable to get snow this winter! :wah::-6

Never jaywalk, cause even crossing at the corners with traffic lights can get you killed, with the way the yahoo's run red lights here!!! :wah:

Always do drive 6 to 10 mph faster then the posted limit! ;)

Don't like lemonade, always have a Pepsi! :D

Not a souvenir collector, unless you count some unique looking shells off the beach! :-3

Always try to have fun, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade! :)
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

911;1091272 wrote: Ah, another Snow Bird landing in the South!

Aren't you lucky to have snowbirds like Cars and the Mrs. dropping in 911:-6
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1091752 wrote: Aren't you lucky to have snowbirds like Cars and the Mrs. dropping in 911:-6
Actually, we're a little more then dropping in, as we're "living" here in reptile land, for "5-1/2" months! :D
qsducks

Heading South!!!

Post by qsducks »

Hi Cars! You aren't missing too much up here in the Northeast. Freezing weather. Saw Obama on the news this am and he's in Hawaii frolicking on the beach. I'm jealous!:thinking:
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

qsducks;1092149 wrote: Hi Cars! You aren't missing too much up here in the Northeast. Freezing weather. Saw Obama on the news this am and he's in Hawaii frolicking on the beach. I'm jealous!:thinking:
Hi qsd, Our daughter back in NE has been calling us almost daily the last several days, telling us how much Snow & Ice we're missing!!! We keep telling her, we're not missing a thing we don't want to be missing!!! She goes, grrrrrrrh!!

Only one day was hot enough here to beach it!

Temps have been in the mid to upper 70's since we got here, but we like to beach it at around the mid 80's! ;)
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

From my home to yours Cars.....Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs. :-4

cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1093193 wrote: From my home to yours Cars.....Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs. :-4

Thankyou KE, here's wishing you the very merriest of Christmases, and then the very happiest of New Years eve as well! :) :-4 ;)
Kathy Ellen

Heading South!!!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

cars;1092145 wrote: Actually, we're a little more then dropping in, as we're "living" here in reptile land, for "5-1/2" months! :D

Oh, I know that Cars...used the wrong term. You lucky fella....hope it's lovely there now.

I don't like those little reptiles....one fell on my head and I screamed my lungs off.....yukkkkkkyyyy.....Do you get the little, green anoles??

Send some pics so we can be jealous:D
cars

Heading South!!!

Post by cars »

Lifeisfun;1093651 wrote: How was the Christmas celebration in South cars....?

Are you a foodie... did you find local restaurants good as in NE.;)

Take the help of yelp or boorah.com...

Christmas here in the :-6 (77degrees) is surely different then that in the NE snow! :)

It was great for the last 4 years, up until our Grandson & his family who lived only 3 miles aways from us here, "moved" to Kansas City MO! Christmas this year was certainly not the same! :(

As for restaurants, there are hundreds, that's hundreds, more here then in NE!!! The majority of them are fairly good! With some being excellent! Then there are the ones that are not very good at all. They most likely will not be here next year! This season, last week, we went to our favorite Chinese Restaurant, (always a wait to get in) & to our dismay it was "out of business"!

Return to “Travel Vacation”