Crisis what Crisis??? going on holidays

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Heading away for a week to the Canary Islands to do my part in keeping the economy going...:)

See ya:D
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Have a nice time! :-6
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Have a fab time Mike!

Bring a wee bit of sunshine back :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Cool, hopefully Ireland will still be here when you get back! :wah:

I wish that didn't less like a joke than it should. :(
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Happy hols Mike, send us a postcard. :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1134757 wrote: Heading away for a week to the Canary Islands to do my part in keeping the economy going...:)

oooooooooooooooooo nice place to go, think of me while your away!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Have a great time Mike! I'm jealous that you can go swimming or be nice and warm while we all freeze are arses off.:wah:
nok

Post by nok »

mikeinie;1134757 wrote: Heading away for a week to the Canary Islands to do my part in keeping the economy going...:)

Sounds great ! Have a fantastic time and when you come back, please tell us about your trip, okay ?
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Have a great time:-6which one you going to?

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

Just dropping in to say hello:

Still here and having a great time.

Obvious signs of credit crunch though, the place is very quit concidering it is the term break.

bye for now
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

mikeinie;1140257 wrote: Just dropping in to say hello:

Still here and having a great time.

Obvious signs of credit crunch though, the place is very quit concidering it is the term break.

bye for now

you still never said whereabouts you are:-3:-5:-5:-5:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
grbay

Post by grbay »

Wow that's sound like fun.. I was there about 6 years ago and if it is your first time you are going to love it :)
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

OK, I am back.

Nothing like a week in the sun to put the head right. Fuerteventura, what a great place. We were in the North end of the Island where the sand dunes are.

http://www.worldwidepropertyshop.com/sp ... entura.jpg

What was amazing to see was the impact of the economy there. The resort we were staying in was less than 1/3 occupied. Holiday homes only have built have been abandoned by developers and the country side is full of unfinished houses.

People who bought holiday homes there can’t rent them out because the resort have dropped their prices so much the house rental market can’t compete. Plus, a major airline dropped their rout to the island reducing tourists by 22,000 a year.

With all that however, it does make for a great quit get away.

If you ever have the pleasure of visiting the Island, there is one restaurant that you just have to go to called ‘Boardriders’ in Corralejo, it is owned by a guy named John who moved there from LA in the early 90’s and it is a restaurant themed for surfers.

Not only is the food so good that we ate there 3 nights within the week, but the atmosphere of the place, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of food at great prices makes this place a must go to restaurant.

I hope he survives the economic situation because does he ever have a great business.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

mikeinie;1144036 wrote: OK, I am back.

Nothing like a week in the sun to put the head right. Fuerteventura, what a great place. We were in the North end of the Island where the sand dunes are.

http://www.worldwidepropertyshop.com/sp ... entura.jpg

What was amazing to see was the impact of the economy there. The resort we were staying in was less than 1/3 occupied. Holiday homes only have built have been abandoned by developers and the country side is full of unfinished houses.

People who bought holiday homes there can’t rent them out because the resort have dropped their prices so much the house rental market can’t compete. Plus, a major airline dropped their rout to the island reducing tourists by 22,000 a year.

With all that however, it does make for a great quit get away.

If you ever have the pleasure of visiting the Island, there is one restaurant that you just have to go to called ‘Boardriders’ in Corralejo, it is owned by a guy named John who moved there from LA in the early 90’s and it is a restaurant themed for surfers.

Not only is the food so good that we ate there 3 nights within the week, but the atmosphere of the place, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of food at great prices makes this place a must go to restaurant.

I hope he survives the economic situation because does he ever have a great business.

That picture was breathtaking and glad you had a nice quiet week in the sun and good food to boot. Hubs & I went to California 20 yrs ago & Disneyland was practically empty which was great! No long lines:wah:
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

ahh Fuerteventura!! lovely,, i have been quite a few years ago,, but not Corrallejo,,, costa caletta,,,(it was called Calletta de Fusta then). i loved it ,, we went in the height of summer though so it was very hot, but a lovely wind blew almost constantly:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Travel Vacation”