P!ssing in the sky

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Chezzie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Chezzie »

Ryanair mulls charge for toilets !

Irish budget airline Ryanair has said it is considering charging passengers for using the toilet while flying. Chief executive Michael O'Leary told the BBC that the Dublin-based carrier was looking at maybe installing a "coin slot on the toilet door".

BBC NEWS | Business | Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

Well talk about taking the p!ss:D

Seriously, airline charges for a wee?? So 100 passengers @ say 10p a wee would be £10.........Whippeedoo:yh_rotfl

How much would they have to charge to make it worthwhile???
kazalala

P!ssing in the sky

Post by kazalala »

oh bum! i could possibly be flying with them later in the year:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl its only Spain so i shall go just before i board then keep my legs crossed:sneaky::yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Chezzie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Chezzie »

kazalala;1146710 wrote: oh bum! i could possibly be flying with them later in the year:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl its only Spain so i shall go just before i board then keep my legs crossed:sneaky::yh_rotfl

Do they do long haul flights?
kazalala

P!ssing in the sky

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;1146712 wrote: Do they do long haul flights?

im not sure:thinking: i mean what about people who get sick and need to keep going to the loo:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Odie »

coin-lock door?

wtf is this world coming to?

just to make a few bucks, they will loose customers with this nonsense!
Life is just to short for drama.
mikeinie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by mikeinie »

If you haven't seen this already this is great and highlights the way air travel is going:

YouTube - MadTv No Frills Airlines
Chezzie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Chezzie »

mikeinie;1146835 wrote: If you haven't seen this already this is great and highlights the way air travel is going:

YouTube - MadTv No Frills Airlines

excellent:yh_rotfl
sunny104

P!ssing in the sky

Post by sunny104 »

airlines are getting more and more ridiculous, no wonder less people are flying. :rolleyes:
Clodhopper

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Clodhopper »

We have the internet to connect us, and there's a fair bit of evidence to suggest international air travel is very destructive of the ozone layer (not conclusive afaik, but enough to be suggestive). Add that to a lot of people feeling poorer and I do think we will travel less in real space and a lot more in cyberspace in future.

I know I already do.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
abbey

P!ssing in the sky

Post by abbey »

I fly RyanAir and it would'nt bother me paying to use the loo, My tkts cost around £7.50 to Spain opposed to £70+ with other airlines.

I dont buy anything on board as their coffee costs nearly as much as my ticket!
Galbally

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Galbally »

I tend to fly Aer Lingus really, more because they use Airbuses and not the 737 death plane. As for RyanAir, yep its cheap and not so nice, but hey, its a service and you don't have to fly RyanAir if you don't want. And don't blame me for Michael O'Leary, we know he is a bit of a mentalist and yes he is Irish, but what can you do?

He gets bums on seats. :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Victoria

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Victoria »

I also use Aer Lingus when going to Dublin and BMI or KLM when off to London.

The service is better and they fly from major airports not ones in the back of beyond that cost a fortune to get to. I mean since when did Luton have a London postcode?

I think people will be put off flying with Ryan air with silly charges like these. He will end up losing more revenue in custom than he gains in pound coins for the loo!
Oscar Namechange

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Chezzie;1146709 wrote: Ryanair mulls charge for toilets !

Irish budget airline Ryanair has said it is considering charging passengers for using the toilet while flying. Chief executive Michael O'Leary told the BBC that the Dublin-based carrier was looking at maybe installing a "coin slot on the toilet door".

Seriously, airline charges for a wee?? So 100 passengers @ say 10p a wee would be £10.........Whippeedoo:yh_rotfl

How much would they have to charge to make it worthwhile??? How much is it for a really big dump? :(:(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Victoria

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Victoria »

Oscar I saw the guy on tv and he was talking about a POUND a time!

On a long haul flight one might have to just wear a nappy:o
pantoandy

P!ssing in the sky

Post by pantoandy »

begorrah its paddy o grumpy here with another wee story for the FG

this story about ryanair is the absolute limit of how low some people will stoop to make a fast quid.

BUDGET airline Ryanair plans to charge passengers £1 to spend a penny on its flights.

The ploy has outraged customers and travel experts, who accused the company of “plumbing the depths” in its efforts to boost revenue.

The airline already charges passengers up to £19 extra for each piece of luggage and £4.75 just to check in. *

Rochelle Turner, of holiday magazine Which? said last night: “It seems Ryan*air is prepared to do anything to make a fast buck. Once again it is putting profit before the comfort of its customers.

"If charging people to go to the toilet *results in fewer people buying overpriced drinks on board, that would serve Ryanair right.”

Announcing the controversial move yesterday, Ryanair’s outspoken chairman Michael O’Leary said: “One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might have to spend a pound to spend a penny in *future.

“We are always looking at ways of making air travel cheaper. We are all about finding ways of raising revenue so we can keep lowering air fares.

“What do you do at Liverpool Street railway station at the moment if you need to spend a penny? I think you have to spend 20p.”

Mr O’Leary was asked what would happen if passengers did not have a pound coin.

“I don’t think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound,” he replied.

His plan has not gone down well with the travel industry, however. James Fremantle, of the Air Transport Users Council, said: “Ryanair needs to think again because this is a step too far.

“We’ve never had a problem with *additional charges on baggage or during check-in because passengers there are getting a proper service. That’s fair enough.

"But this whole principle of extra charges has to stop somewhere. There must be a limit.

“Plans to charge a pound every time you use the toilet is just going too far. There could be disabled passengers who need to use the toilets more frequently, the plane could be stuck on the tarmac for two hours and then there are flights to *places such as Greece which take three to four hours.

"Asking people who may not have the right cash to cross their legs for that length of time is a bit much.”

A UK European Consumer Centre spokeswoman said: “If Ryanair does *decide to bring in these charges, all consumers should be made aware of them right from the start.”

Jonathan French, of the International Airline Passengers Association, said: “I thought this was a joke at first.

"It’s the sort of thing you expect to hear on April Fools Day. There is no problem charging people for luggage and check-in, or for a Coke or sandwich. Their business model is to strip everything out to provide cheaper flights.

"But using the toilet is not a luxury. What if someone paid and stayed on the loo for the whole flight to get their money’s worth? From any passenger’s point of view this can’t be right. It is *beyond the pale.”

There were suspicions last night, however, that Mr O’Leary’s idea could just be a publicity gimmick.

Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said: “Michael makes a lot of this stuff up as he goes along and while this has been discussed internally there are no immediate plans to introduce it.

“This highlights Ryanair’s continuing obsession with lowering costs, however, and passing the savings on in the form of lower fares.

"Not everyone uses the toilet on board one of our flights but those that do could help to reduce airfares for all passengers. Then again, maybe Mr O’Leary was just taking the p***.”

AAG

it sounds more like paddy o leary has pulled out of the idea after hearing just how much outrage this latest idea has caused.

£19.00 for additional luggage and £4.75 just to check in is diabolical but just think if this was applied to american transatlantic flights or flights to sydney or melbourne where you are flying for 26 hours how many times would you need to use the loo ?

imagine if this was applied to other forms of transport £1 to use the loo on a virgin euston to glasgow express or a charge to use the loo on a national express coach between plymouth and glasgow which takes around 12 hours or a eurolines coach between london and berlin in germany its just unthinkable.

they ought to rename ryanair as dick turpin airlines and issue staff with pistols a black cape and a black mask as standard uniform.

or better still the sooner that o leary,s aircraft are grounded for good the better

and chairman o ,leary could go out scrapping or tarmacing drives in his ford transit pick up truck with a caravan attached to the back of it

more soon

AAG
Nomad

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Nomad »

Flyers should start boarding with personal invoice pads. We could start handing out invoices to the crew for our time on late departures and arrivals.

And other stuff.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

P!ssing in the sky

pantoandy;1149044 wrote: begorrah its paddy o grumpy here with another wee story for the FG

this story about ryanair is the absolute limit of how low some people will stoop to make a fast quid.

BUDGET airline Ryanair plans to charge passengers £1 to spend a penny on its flights.

The ploy has outraged customers and travel experts, who accused the company of “plumbing the depths” in its efforts to boost revenue.

The airline already charges passengers up to £19 extra for each piece of luggage and £4.75 just to check in. *

Rochelle Turner, of holiday magazine Which? said last night: “It seems Ryan*air is prepared to do anything to make a fast buck. Once again it is putting profit before the comfort of its customers.

"If charging people to go to the toilet *results in fewer people buying overpriced drinks on board, that would serve Ryanair right.”

Announcing the controversial move yesterday, Ryanair’s outspoken chairman Michael O’Leary said: “One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might have to spend a pound to spend a penny in *future.

“We are always looking at ways of making air travel cheaper. We are all about finding ways of raising revenue so we can keep lowering air fares.

“What do you do at Liverpool Street railway station at the moment if you need to spend a penny? I think you have to spend 20p.”

Mr O’Leary was asked what would happen if passengers did not have a pound coin.

“I don’t think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound,” he replied.

His plan has not gone down well with the travel industry, however. James Fremantle, of the Air Transport Users Council, said: “Ryanair needs to think again because this is a step too far.

“We’ve never had a problem with *additional charges on baggage or during check-in because passengers there are getting a proper service. That’s fair enough.

"But this whole principle of extra charges has to stop somewhere. There must be a limit.

“Plans to charge a pound every time you use the toilet is just going too far. There could be disabled passengers who need to use the toilets more frequently, the plane could be stuck on the tarmac for two hours and then there are flights to *places such as Greece which take three to four hours.

"Asking people who may not have the right cash to cross their legs for that length of time is a bit much.”

A UK European Consumer Centre spokeswoman said: “If Ryanair does *decide to bring in these charges, all consumers should be made aware of them right from the start.”

Jonathan French, of the International Airline Passengers Association, said: “I thought this was a joke at first.

"It’s the sort of thing you expect to hear on April Fools Day. There is no problem charging people for luggage and check-in, or for a Coke or sandwich. Their business model is to strip everything out to provide cheaper flights.

"But using the toilet is not a luxury. What if someone paid and stayed on the loo for the whole flight to get their money’s worth? From any passenger’s point of view this can’t be right. It is *beyond the pale.”

There were suspicions last night, however, that Mr O’Leary’s idea could just be a publicity gimmick.

Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said: “Michael makes a lot of this stuff up as he goes along and while this has been discussed internally there are no immediate plans to introduce it.

“This highlights Ryanair’s continuing obsession with lowering costs, however, and passing the savings on in the form of lower fares.

"Not everyone uses the toilet on board one of our flights but those that do could help to reduce airfares for all passengers. Then again, maybe Mr O’Leary was just taking the p***.”

AAG

it sounds more like paddy o leary has pulled out of the idea after hearing just how much outrage this latest idea has caused.

£19.00 for additional luggage and £4.75 just to check in is diabolical but just think if this was applied to american transatlantic flights or flights to sydney or melbourne where you are flying for 26 hours how many times would you need to use the loo ?

imagine if this was applied to other forms of transport £1 to use the loo on a virgin euston to glasgow express or a charge to use the loo on a national express coach between plymouth and glasgow which takes around 12 hours or a eurolines coach between london and berlin in germany its just unthinkable.

they ought to rename ryanair as dick turpin airlines and issue staff with pistols a black cape and a black mask as standard uniform.

or better still the sooner that o leary,s aircraft are grounded for good the better

and chairman o ,leary could go out scrapping or tarmacing drives in his ford transit pick up truck with a caravan attached to the back of it

more soon

AAG How much for a huge dump???:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chezzie

P!ssing in the sky

Post by Chezzie »

Threads merged with the permission of Panto Andy
Oscar Namechange

P!ssing in the sky

Chezzie;1146709 wrote: Ryanair mulls charge for toilets !

How much would they have to charge to make it worthwhile??? How much for a dump?? :thinking::thinking:
Oscar Namechange

P!ssing in the sky

Victoria;1147664 wrote: Oscar I saw the guy on tv and he was talking about a POUND a time!

On a long haul flight one might have to just wear a nappy:o What if you did it in your handbag.....they wouldn't know :thinking:

Return to “Travel Vacation”