Malaysia

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
fuzzywuzzy

Malaysia

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Two reasons why I'm off to this gorgeous country .

1. to get the hell out of here.

2. It's cheap

3.To frighten the heck out of my eldest son when I turn up out of no where at his workplace.:wah:

I have just been informed that he has just acquired a tattoo. he's not only going to be surprised to see me but he's also going to think that I've travelled all that way to give him a good telling off.............:yh_rotfl This is going to be fun!!!:yh_rotfl

So anyway I'm off to Kuala Lumpar next firday . Staying in a fine serviced apartment (decided to upmarket a bit) For a week . It faces the Petronas towers.

While I'm there I shall report back often to what I'm up to. Still reseaching as to what is to be done.................Shopping shopping and more shopping obviously. but there are a few Museums and temples I'd like to visit.

It's going to be festival time so I'm about to learn a heck of a lot about traditional and cultural experiences. It's going to be one hell of Saturday .YEEHAAAAA!!!!!

Not sure if I'll travel to Borneo but I'm taking the malaria tablets with me just in case.

Welcome to Tourism Malaysia's Official Site

Tourism Malaysia : Destinations : By State

Welcome to Tourism Malaysia's Official Site
dubs

Malaysia

Post by dubs »

I was gonna ask if Tadpole was still out there..:)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
spot

Malaysia

Post by spot »

If you've time then yes, Sabah is wonderful to explore. I hope you enjoy KL, there are more shops there than I remember anywhere outside Singapore. And lots of food stalls to nibble at.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Malaysia

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Make sure you don't get trapped and enjoy every minute of it.

And bring back photo's!
Odie

Malaysia

Post by Odie »

what made you decide on Malaysia?
Life is just to short for drama.
fuzzywuzzy

Malaysia

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'm certainly going to enjoy myself Bryn .

I'm probably staying here Crown Regency Service Apartment but I'm still looking at other apartments as well. I may want to take off to the coast for a night .

my boy will be able to provide a guide and a personal taxi. (Is that what you mean by trapped?)

I have to update myself on Muslim customs and etiquette

As in any predominantly Muslim country, you should dress respectfully, particularly in rural areas (wearing trousers not shorts and covering your shoulders is recommended but not essential). In more metropolitan areas such as Kuala Lumpur, as well as towns and cities such as Penang and Ipoh with a larger non Muslim population, attitudes are more liberal.

As a tourist, it is best not to criticize the Government and especially the Malay royal families.

When entering a home or a place of worship, always take off your shoes. Also, never eat with your left hand, or give a gift with your left hand; and never point with your forefinger (you may use a closed fist with the thumb instead), point the bottoms of your feet at a person or touch a person's head.

Public showing of affection in larger cities is tolerated but might invite unnecessary attention from the public. In more rural areas it is frowned upon and is to be avoided.

Same-sex relationships is a taboo subject in Malaysia. Gay and lesbian travellers should avoid any outward signs of affection, including holding hands in public.

There's a bloke still in prison for saying something flippant about the King.:-2 .........Big no no .

Malaysia travel guide - Wikitravel
Bryn Mawr

Malaysia

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzywuzzy;1156747 wrote: I'm certainly going to enjoy myself Bryn .

I'm probably staying here Crown Regency Service Apartment but I'm still looking at other apartments as well. I may want to take off to the coast for a night .

my boy will be able to provide a guide and a personal taxi. (Is that what you mean by trapped?)

I have to update myself on Muslim customs and etiquette

There's a bloke still in prison for saying something flippant about the King.:-2 .........Big no no .

Malaysia travel guide - Wikitravel

Nah - silly reference to Entrapment which I thoroughly enjoyed.

My wife and youngest daughter stayed in Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown for a while on the way back from Singapore before taking the coach back up to Cambodia and Thailand. Maybe one day I'll get out there to see it :-)
chonsigirl

Malaysia

Post by chonsigirl »

What an exciting adventure!
kayleneaussie

Malaysia

Post by kayleneaussie »

Have a great Holiday Fuzz:-4 Luv to see your sons face when you arrive:yh_rotfl
FOC THREAD PART 1
fuzzywuzzy

Malaysia

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I'll have a camera ready KAY:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Malaysia

Post by OpenMind »

Make sure you give your son a right bollocking before you walk in through the door to give him a hug and a huge grin.
Odie

Malaysia

Post by Odie »

make sure you pack that camera!:sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
fuzzywuzzy

Malaysia

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well as you can see I havent made it to Asia yet ......others are still persuading me to go but it's a bit difficult at the moment . Life has gotten in the way and now I'm being persuaded to go to Ireland ......................AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:-5:-5

Meh I'll get there in my own time.:o
G#Gill

Malaysia

Post by G#Gill »

And here's me clicking on to see what photos there are !!!! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

You'll get things sorted Fuzzy. Just do it in your own time, and don't be rushed or persuaded by others !! Thinking of you !! Take care :-6 ;) :guitarist
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G-man

Malaysia

Post by G-man »

You'll LOVE it there, FuzzyWuzzy!!! Visit the Batu Caves if you've got the opportunity, too!

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Odie

Malaysia

Post by Odie »

fuzzywuzzy;1164013 wrote: Well as you can see I havent made it to Asia yet ......others are still persuading me to go but it's a bit difficult at the moment . Life has gotten in the way and now I'm being persuaded to go to Ireland ......................AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:-5:-5

Meh I'll get there in my own time.:o

awwwwwwwww such a shame!:-5:-5:-5
usernew

Malaysia

Post by usernew »

The best thing which make me decided to go to Malaysia, ......Its very cheap and very beautiful.

Return to “Travel Vacation”