Observer's going to San Francisco!!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
observer1

Post by observer1 »

I'm taking a trip to visit my aunt near San Francisco over Memorial Day. I have a friend (met her on the forums) going with me. I'm a bit nervous, as I haven't flown since I was 3 years old! Wish me luck!!
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

observer1;1170536 wrote: i'm taking a trip to visit my aunt near san francisco over memorial day. I have a friend (met her on the forums) going with me. I'm a bit nervous, as i haven't flown since i was 3 years old! Wish me luck!!

good luck and have a wonderful trip :-6:-6
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

observer1;1170536 wrote: I'm taking a trip to visit my aunt near San Francisco over Memorial Day. I have a friend (met her on the forums) going with me. I'm a bit nervous, as I haven't flown since I was 3 years old! Wish me luck!!

at least you fly!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

have a wonderful time!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

observer1;1170536 wrote: I'm taking a trip to visit my aunt near San Francisco over Memorial Day. I have a friend (met her on the forums) going with me. I'm a bit nervous, as I haven't flown since I was 3 years old! Wish me luck!!

You will love it L. Do you belong to AAA? You can get books, etc. for free and even rent cars & get loads of discounts as long as you present your card. Hubs & I did San Fran back in 88'....total blast! Take a drive over the Golden Gate bridge and visit Sausalito (the view from their is breathtaking).
observer1

Post by observer1 »

qsducks;1170603 wrote: You will love it L. Do you belong to AAA? You can get books, etc. for free and even rent cars & get loads of discounts as long as you present your card. Hubs & I did San Fran back in 88'....total blast! Take a drive over the Golden Gate bridge and visit Sausalito (the view from their is breathtaking).

No I don't belong to AAA, unfortunately. But my aunt's going to be driving us all over. We're going to see EVERYTHING... that we can see in a week's time.

She said she's going to take us 'night sightseeing' when she picks us up from the airport. She said she knows a great place where you can see all the lights in SF, including the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm soooo excited!!! :driving:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

observer1;1170613 wrote: No I don't belong to AAA, unfortunately. But my aunt's going to be driving us all over. We're going to see EVERYTHING... that we can see in a week's time.

She said she's going to take us 'night sightseeing' when she picks us up from the airport. She said she knows a great place where you can see all the lights in SF, including the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm soooo excited!!! :driving:

It is absolutely breathtaking out there Obs....you won't wan't to come back to PA after that trip!:wah: The mountains, etc. are a sight to see and the airport is acutally clean! Unlike Philadelphia's:wah: You must visit Napa Valley for the wine.
observer1

Post by observer1 »

qsducks;1170616 wrote: It is absolutely breathtaking out there Obs....you won't wan't to come back to PA after that trip!:wah: The mountains, etc. are a sight to see and the airport is acutally clean! Unlike Philadelphia's:wah: You must visit Napa Valley for the wine.

That's actually on our 'to do' list! Along with visiting Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, hopefully ride a trolley, & see the Redwood Forest. And if we have time... & money... we'd love to go to Hollywood!

My aunt said she's drawing up an itinerary. Can't wait!!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Fisherman's Wharf! Chocolate! You will have alot of fun.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

observer1;1170632 wrote: That's actually on our 'to do' list! Along with visiting Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, hopefully ride a trolley, & see the Redwood Forest. And if we have time... & money... we'd love to go to Hollywood!

My aunt said she's drawing up an itinerary. Can't wait!!!

Oh man, we went to all those places. Beware of the pelicans as they have stinky breath:yh_rotfl....Muir Woods? Awesome....you will be overwhelmed at the beauty of those woods. We want pix when you get back babe. You should talk to Lon as he lives out there...he can give you some feedback.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

qsducks;1170603 wrote: You will love it L. Do you belong to AAA? You can get books, etc. for free and even rent cars & get loads of discounts as long as you present your card. Hubs & I did San Fran back in 88'....total blast! Take a drive over the Golden Gate bridge and visit Sausalito (the view from their is breathtaking).

OMG I was working there in '88 too! We might have bumped into each other! Were you the one who said "Get outta my way, peasant?" :wah: ;) JK. Small world, huh?

observer1;1170632 wrote: That's actually on our 'to do' list! Along with visiting Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge, hopefully ride a trolley, & see the Redwood Forest. And if we have time... & money... we'd love to go to Hollywood!

Done all of that and got the photo's. It's all worth doing, you'll have a fab time. Don't forget to hang out on Haight-Ashbury, that was the heart of hippydom in the 60s. I used to live just around the corner from there. Have a mega-fab time! I wish it was me, I'd love to go back there again. :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Rapunzel;1170696 wrote: OMG I was working there in '88 too! We might have bumped into each other! Were you the one who said "Get outta my way, peasant?" :wah: ;) JK. Small world, huh?

Don't recall you or were you disguised as a pelican?

Done all of that and got the photo's. It's all worth doing, you'll have a fab time. Don't forget to hang out on Haight-Ashbury, that was the heart of hippydom in the 60s. I used to live just around the corner from there. Have a mega-fab time! I wish it was me, I'd love to go back there again. :-6

She'll have a blast..
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Rapunzel;1170696 wrote: OMG I was working there in '88 too! We might have bumped into each other! Were you the one who said "Get outta my way, peasant?" :wah: ;) JK. Small world, huh?

You nut, I think I saw you in Muir woods...a squirrel?
abbey

Post by abbey »

Have a wonderful trip obs You lucky thing. :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

abbey;1170720 wrote: Have a wonderful trip obs You lucky thing. :-6

Have you been there Abbey?
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Thanks y'all! I'm very excited. Just apprehensive of the plane flight. Perhaps they could knock me out til we land? :wah:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

qsducks;1170701 wrote: Don't recall you or were you disguised as a pelican?

Did I poop on your head as I flew over? If I did then that was me. If I missed then that was cousin Percy. :D :wah: ;)
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

qsducks;1170704 wrote: You nut, I think I saw you in Muir woods...a squirrel?

I could be a squirrel. I'm nuts, they have a lot of nuts...hmmm, yeah, I could come back as a squirrel. Think I'd prefer to come back as a Topic bar though. They have lots of nuts too..and I love 'em! :D

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

observer1;1170850 wrote: Thanks y'all! I'm very excited. Just apprehensive of the plane flight. Perhaps they could knock me out til we land? :wah:

Drink lots. I bought a cheap bottle of Baileys when I flew home from San Fran. I drank it on the flight home (14 hours) and was a very happy bunny by the time I landed! Hic! :D :wah:
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Rapunzel;1171044 wrote: Drink lots. I bought a cheap bottle of Baileys when I flew home from San Fran. I drank it on the flight home (14 hours) and was a very happy bunny by the time I landed! Hic! :D :wah:

That sounds like a PLAN!! ;)
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

have a great time! San Francisco is a lovely place. :-6
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

observer1;1170850 wrote: Thanks y'all! I'm very excited. Just apprehensive of the plane flight. Perhaps they could knock me out til we land? :wah:

Where are you flying out from?
observer1

Post by observer1 »

qsducks;1171148 wrote: Where are you flying out from?

Newark
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

observer1;1171189 wrote: Newark

Be careful there babe. Neward is New Jersey's dumpiest place.
Odie

Post by Odie »

ask your doctor for something.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Rapunzel;1171044 wrote: Drink lots. I bought a cheap bottle of Baileys when I flew home from San Fran. I drank it on the flight home (14 hours) and was a very happy bunny by the time I landed! Hic! :D :wah:

when hubs & I went out to San Fran. we got knackered on the plane. Drunk as skunks:wah:
observer1

Post by observer1 »

qsducks;1171200 wrote: Be careful there babe. Neward is New Jersey's dumpiest place.

I'm meeting my friend in NJ & we're taking the train to the airport. She knows her way around. Thanks hon!! Miss ya! ;)
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Odie;1171218 wrote: ask your doctor for something.

BOY, would I ever LOVE to!! :D;)

Oh, you mean for the plane ride... uh... nevermind... :o:p
observer1

Post by observer1 »

Odie;1171218 wrote: ask your doctor for something.

Oh, silly me!! You meant my REAL doctor... not my sweetie! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

observer1;1171402 wrote: BOY, would I ever LOVE to!! :D;)

Oh, you mean for the plane ride... uh... nevermind... :o:p

for you and the plane ride!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

observer1;1171403 wrote: Oh, silly me!! You meant my REAL doctor... not my sweetie! :wah:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

have a wonderful time!:D

Return to “Travel Vacation”