How to save money on clothes shopping?

Free stuff, coupons, cheap stuff, and great deals. No "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts. No posting of "free" deals that require referrals, email addresses, etc.
coral

Post by coral »

I really care about the cost for each clothing, but you know I can not help buying new ones.

One of my favorite option is buying clothes during season changes when they are on-sale. For example, summer clothes in the fall, and fall clothes in the spring. Another option would be discount stores or opting for a retailer newsletter

Do you have any ideas or places you will suggest?

wildhorses

Post by wildhorses »

coral;1041398 wrote: I really care about the cost for each clothing, but you know I can not help buying new ones.

One of my favorite option is buying clothes during season changes when they are on-sale. For example, summer clothes in the fall, and fall clothes in the spring. Another option would be discount stores or opting for a retailer newsletter.

Some clothes are very easy to make yourself. For instance, skirts are very easy. It only takes one or two hours depending on the type of skirt. And you can make exactly what you want, in the color you want. And you can make it to fit exactly. Some blouses are also easy. But any clothes can be made....some are more difficult. There are some good online fabric stores. One that I use is Hancock Fabrics. I forget where they are located, but they have been in business many years. Other things can be easily made too. Right now I am making some cushion covers for some kitchen chairs.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Ebay! I can buy clothes on American Ebay for a few pounds. Postage is usually about £3. Therefore I can buy something I love for about £8, including postage, from the USA.

The same thing in the UK would cost about £28! Not including postage!! :-5

Having said that the exchange rate is not as great now as it was a few weeks ago!! :-5

I'd better buy more stuff quick! :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Thrift stores and they always have the lowest prices on out of season clothing. Stock up time.:p
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Macy's sales are the best and Thrift store, Goodwill, Salvation Army all have great clothes. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Milly

Post by Milly »

I tend to buy classical, rather than fashionable clothes.... I pay for the quality of the clothing at the time, but I save money in the long run as they can be worn, over and over and aways look good and are timeless....
Click here to read FOC thread part 1

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Outlets!
Tan

Post by Tan »

I'm a big fan of thrift/used stores too.

I like to have items that can worn over and over, Ex. fav black pants, a good pair of jeans, all the basic stuff.

I like to splurge on only 4-5 trendy items each season; jacket, blazer, boots, handbag, sweater at non used stores.

There is no shame in shopping at Walmart or thrift stores.

People dont pay too much attention anymore and I love that being thrifty has become more acceptable (and encouraged) in society!

Fashion Basics | Beauty Style : RealSimple.com

I also love this site. Locals give away items they no longer use. I've given away a lot of things here. Its all free!

The Freecycle Network

Happy shopping!
Tan
Odie

Post by Odie »

ebay for sure, but also have to watch what they charge for delivery.

love it when they tell you 10.00 for delivery and the postage stamp says 2.50!:-5

they know how to make their money!:sneaky:
Life is just to short for drama.
nok

Post by nok »

Flea markets and open markets have some inexpensive but nice looking clothes. You can try looking there. I get a lot of my clothes in those places. You sort of have to be selective in order to get pieces that are just right for you in terms of style but you can really save a lot of money by buying secondhand clothes. A lot of my clothes are secondhand.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

I find clothes now a days, the expensive ones, are just not worth what you pay......years ago they would have lasted for decades.

same with anything now a days, we had an old stove, it was 50 years old when we moved into the house, they just don't make them like they used to!

retailers are taken the cheaper way out even on highly expensive things.
Life is just to short for drama.
imsarahmiley

Post by imsarahmiley »

I do lots of shopping on BlackFriday. And some mall offer sale for stock clearance.
Happy ThanksGiving!!!!!!!!
Adward

Post by Adward »

close your eyes and stay in home, no shopping no cost:wah:
dick123

Post by dick123 »

Hello

1. Examine the wardrobe. The evaluation of its current state will help to decide on how (and whether) it should be refreshed. In addition, pleasant discoveries, such as some nice but forgotten clothes, can reduce the amount of money to be spent for new clothes.

2. Plan the clothes shopping. After the content of the wardrobe has been reviewed, it should be easier to realize what needs to be purchased. Decide on the style and color. Think what the potential purchase will be worn with.

3. Stick to the classics. Trends may be attractive and tempting, but they come and go quickly. By contrast, classic clothing is always in fashion.

4. Plan the budget. Now is the time to decide how much can be spend for the needed clothes. Set a clothes shopping budget for a month or a year, and don’t overspend.

5. Research and compare prices and brands. Choose some time to find out what prices different stores offer. Don’t forget to check the wholesale and online retailers- they may be offering just what you need, but for less expensive prices. As for brands, it is usually possible to buy good quality clothes from a less popular, but much cheaper brand.
Replacement Kitchen Doors
johnspells

Post by johnspells »

I think that planing of the budget is one of the most important factor, by making a planning we can save a good amount money not only in clothing but in all the items. I used to do planing for a month that how much I have to spend on cloths and beyond that I never used to buy or even spend. It also make the purchasing perfect.
r4
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Eating fruit and vegetables is a dangerous pursuit, but fashion clothing is even more dangerous - and evidently very likely to get one banned.

But Rapunzel... :-1

I hope you are leaning decoratively out of the top of some golden tower, letting down your tumbling hair towards some gorgeous, hunky, straight, adoring Prince who has hacked through walls of thorns and possibly rhubarb patches to cast himself at your glass slippered feet...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

albertpollard

Post by albertpollard »

1. Find the right Bloke

2. Wear one very sexy outfit

3. Stay in
NEWS FLASH! The Universe is God's Petri Dish.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Or live in a sunny and unprudish clime, and just dance naked with flowers in your hair as often as possible.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

ZAP

Post by ZAP »

I just had a would-be suitor (no pun intended) on my dating site tell me he's a nudist. Do you think that means he's cheap & trying to save money by dressing down?:-3
albertpollard

Post by albertpollard »

Zapata;1307049 wrote: I just had a would-be suitor (no pun intended) on my dating site tell me he's a nudist. Do you think that means he's cheap & trying to save money by dressing down?:-3

Avoid him at all cost....He can't afford a washing machine!
NEWS FLASH! The Universe is God's Petri Dish.
biggirls

Post by biggirls »

shopping online is so cheap
guppy

Post by guppy »

biggirls;1324419 wrote: shopping online is so cheap

I was thinking the same thing..i can go from site to site..and compare prices..quality.i can go look in my closet and see what i do have..what colors..blah blah.and it stops me from making spur of the moment buying disasters..
sears coupons

Post by sears coupons »

coral;1041398 wrote: I really care about the cost for each clothing, but you know I can not help buying new ones.

One of my favorite option is buying clothes during season changes when they are on-sale. For example, summer clothes in the fall, and fall clothes in the spring. Another option would be discount stores or opting for a retailer newsletter

Hi coral,

Here is best suggestion for you,at a time you can get brand clothing at discount prices..

sears coupons, sears.com coupon codes, sears.com promotional codes, browse all these sears online coupons @ redtagdeals. RedTagDeals.com is the Great source to find online sears coupons, sears.com discount coupon codes. We regularly update and add new discount coupons / coupon codes. Please bookmark this site and come back to save money and time while shopping online.

Thanks & Regards,

sears coupons
spot

Post by spot »

Experimentally please, moderators, can we leave this untouched and discuss it in detail over the next day or two?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Hot Deals Freebies”